Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AisAis)
    Oh I just remembered - although my middle school made us write the long date for almost everything, we were allowed to write the short date in maths and science.

How weird is THAT?!
    Scientists famously can't spell
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Am I the only person who just writes top left to bottom right and really doesn't care for double-wavy-red-underlining-smelly-gel-pen-highlighting-crap? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Am I the only person who just writes top left to bottom right and really doesn't care for double-wavy-red-underlining-smelly-gel-pen-highlighting-crap? :p:
    Yep :p: I tried to underline and use different colours just to make it legible

ReputationRep:
    I never underline:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Looks untidy if titles aren't underlined IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    :eek: I can't say it really makes much difference:p: I rely on revision guides over my notes anyways:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely. Though I rarely use a ruler to underline :flute:

ReputationRep:
    It did often end up being a calculator for me :p: My rulers always snapped

ReputationRep:
    My calculator has a bend in it

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thought you might get made a mod... Congratulations Now that's a deserved position if ever I've seen one ;yes;

And get a new calculator :p:

ReputationRep:
    In my workbook I generally do lots of very scruffy work. Last year I didn't really have any notes but I still did ok. I say that I'm going to actually do notes this year but I doubt I will.

ReputationRep:
    Date

Title

BLAHBLAHBLAH
    2+2=4

etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thought you might get made a mod... Congratulations Now that's a deserved position if ever I've seen one ;yes;

And get a new calculator :p:
    If you say so :p:

But my calculator does surds for me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That, sir, is cheating :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    The date is always top left underlined, title is centre one line below the date also underlined. Subheadings on the left underlined. I always write in black and underline the last lesson. I never scribble out or put a line through (I'd rather rip the page out and copy it all up). I never stick sheets in, always copy them out.

ReputationRep:
    admittedly, I don't have any kind of layout, other than sometimes scribbling the topic of the work in the top left, one of the laws of thermodynamics states that disorder increases with time, and that deffinately holds true with my work, at the begining of last year I did the whole title underlined and sub-titles things, by the end of the year it was a big deal if I used coherent sentances. Managed 4 As though, so my system must work.

ReputationRep:
    Name in the top left hand corner, on the bottom line in the square that the margin and the lines made. Long date in the right hand corner on the top line. Title on about the third line down, as near to the centre as possible, underlined twice in a different colour.

Yeah, I'm freaky about stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Scientists famously can't spell
    And all these years my teachers have been ignoring my innor scientist by calling my scientist-like exploits laziness. :p:

How Students May Arange a Work Book Page
    Sunday 2nd October 2007

Once, during year six, a student called AisAis had a crazy English teacher. The said teacher would tear a page from your work book in a fit of fury if a student started a piece of writing without indenting their first line. It was an odd rule, one that may even be considered a festish, and one that is ignored now by both sane students and teachers alike. In addition to this strange indentation habbit, the crazy English teacher also wrote 'pul' across the page of any excersise book that had an un-underline title. It stood for Please.Under.Line! However, said teacher's Irish accent formed the word, instead, as 'poo'. The class often erupted into laughter when their teacher shouted 'I DO NOT WANT TO BE WRITING POO IN YOUR BOOK AGAIN!' to any offending students.

The end.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ^ Inner

And I very rarely write the date or the title, but I'm the messiest, most disorganised person I know. This year I am going to try and make all of my notes neat, although we started A2 in July and I'm afraid to say that so far my efforts have failed!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.