Turn on thread page Beta

ex bf advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think if I say it, he won't believe I'll go through with it so won't change his mind or anything. He might think a bit more seriously after months of me ignoring calls/not calling him though. Or that could go the opposite way and make him forget me. :confused:
    Well it could go either way in terms of making him change his mind/or sticking to what he said before. Its just up to you to decide whether you would rather stay as you are now, or take some action about it not knowing what the outcomes going to be..

(Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    Well it could go either way in terms of making him change his mind/or sticking to what he said before. Its just up to you to decide whether you would rather stay as you are now, or take some action about it not knowing what the outcomes going to be..
    I probably should think that through for a while before I make any drastic decisions, but I feel a lot better now after all your advice! Though I think something has to change so I should try cutting contact and even if he does forget about it, it'll have given me a chance to try to get over everything properly. But really thank you soooo much for all your help, I feel much better now, what you're saying really makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    Tis no problem but yea think things through first, am sure it'll all work out fine in the end whatever happens!

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel.

I was with my ex for 4 years and then he started a new job and ended our relationship.

We continued to sleep together though, me - in the vain hope that he would remember how much he loved me and want me back.

He started seeing other people and I hated it and I decided that the best thing to do would be to end it entirely.

He moved away which made it easier but we're still friends. I just know that nothing is ever gonna happen between us again - even if he wants it to - and i'm happy to move on and find someone that deserves me.

If you can realise that your better off not being together then maybe you can be friends, but if you know that you'll be tempted to kiss him or whatever then maybe you should cut all contact.

Believe me, from experience, you'll feel so much better when you let him and all your remaining feelings for him go and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    We continued to sleep together though, me - in the vain hope that he would remember how much he loved me and want me back.

He started seeing other people and I hated it and I decided that the best thing to do would be to end it entirely.

i'm so glad other people have done this.. looking back i feel like an idiot for being so naive to think that it would make him want me back. ahh the things we do for love eh? and yes.. he was an ingrate, the prat...!

but yeah. i agree with all the advice posted here. you either carry on the way you are, or you stop being used and take control of the situation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.