Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be seeing Unkle at either Manchester or Nottingham too. I saw them at Leeds and they were great, so a few friends who didn't go want to see them now!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything about an Against Me! tour support. Please God they bring The Gaslight Anthem over.

Bands I've seen this year (that I put on last.fm at least):

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, A Wilhelm Scream/No Trigger, Bouncing Souls/The Draft, Regina Spektor, Cult Of Luna, La Quiete, Pelican (twice), Coachella festival, Lucero, DJ Format, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, 65daysofstatic, Daniel Johnston, ISIS, Street Dogs/Dead To Me, Slam Dunk fest, Owen/City On Film, Strung Out/Crime In Stereo, Converge, Dour festival, Ghost Mice/Paul Baribeau (twice), Out Of Spite X, Set Your Goals/No Trigger, Rilo Kiley, Slint, Leeds festival.

Sonic Youth tomorrow, Beastie Boys/Russian Circles/maybe Tilly And The Wall next week.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be seeing Rush in October. I get a strong feeling this is gonna be the best show I ever saw.

ReputationRep:
    Who have you recently seen?
    Most recently was the Muse gig on the Sunday night at Wembley. Also went to Wakestock (Mark Ronson, scratch perverts, Ferry Corsten)

Who do you have a ticket to see?
    White Stripes 25/10 (Manchester MEN)
    Bloc Party/Cribs 13/12 (Manchester Central (GMEX))
    Wakestock 2008

Who is touring that you want to get tickets for?

Haven't looked into it tbh. Really want to see We Are Scientists and Muse again.

Who has just announced a tour?
    No idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)

Who is touring that you want to get tickets for?

Haven't looked into it tbh. Really want to see We Are Scientists and Muse again.
    I reckon Muse won't play in the UK for a long time now

ReputationRep:
    Oh they will. They know where they came from ;yes; There were rumours of a sea-side tour for Summer 2008 I'm also hoping for an arena tour the end of this year/early next year again

I've never experienced anything like a Muse gig ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Who have I been to see?
    A long list.. Muse, Metallica, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams etc

Who am I going to see
    Springsteen
    James Last
    Foriegner

Who might I go to see:
    Dream Theater

Who has just announced a UK tour/show
    Springsteen

Who I wil lsee when they next announce tours
    The Eagles
    U2

ReputationRep:
    Oh they will. They know where they came from ;yes; There were rumours of a sea-side tour for Summer 2008 I'm also hoping for an arena tour the end of this year/early next year again

I've never experienced anything like a Muse gig ;yes;
    Oooh where did you here these rumours:eek: ?
    God, I would LOVE to see them again. Best live act. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Will be looking to get Foo Fighters tickets for the NEC tomorrow morning. I'll probably just buy 4 and assume I can find 3 uni friends to take up the other tickets.
    Someone mentioned Nightwish are touring, I had no idea about that but will definitely be looking into that. Same for Shiny Toy Guns and Flogging Molly whenever they are next back.

Oh, and I bought my Reading '08 ticket last night.

ReputationRep:
    Who have you recently seen?
    Also went to Wakestock
    Did you see Dirty Pretty Things there? I heard they were going but never really looked into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidintheriot)
    Did you see Dirty Pretty Things there? I heard they were going but never really looked into it.
    The second night got cancelled because most tents were sort of floating in mud. Deepest part I found was about 3 feet next to the gates

We were meant to have DPT, Just Jack, The Enemy, The Bravery, Air Traffic and some others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    Oooh where did you here these rumours:eek: ?
    God, I would LOVE to see them again. Best live act. ;yes;
    Muse message board They are indeed incredible. I saw them from the barrier at the MEN last November. Doubt I'll ever get to see Citizen Erased live again Watch the video of it on youtube - his guitar cut out and he was just chatting to the crowd - everyone went absolutely insane

ReputationRep:
    Here's the video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRTBS8auFo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Far Gone)
    I'll be seeing Rush in October. I get a strong feeling this is gonna be the best show I ever saw.
    Oh yeah

Have you seen the setlist or trying to avoid it?

ReputationRep:
    Muse message board They are indeed incredible. I saw them from the barrier at the MEN last November. Doubt I'll ever get to see Citizen Erased live again Watch the video of it on youtube - his guitar cut out and he was just chatting to the crowd - everyone went absolutely insane
    O rly?!
    I'm on there! Not the Muse bit admittedly, I'm hardcore enough for that anymore.
    You might, they played it on the Saturday of the Wembley gigs! It was amazing, but no one near me seemed to recognise it (:rolleyes:)
    I'll search for it

ReputationRep:
    Wembley didn't have a high percentage of real Muse fans - most people were there because it was the first rock gig at Wembley.

The MEN was way better - thousands of proper fans there for a common purpose. I love people trying to sing along to the high bits of CE - sounds hilariously awful :rofl:

And you can see how much I like citizen erased :p:

http://www.last.fm/user/themjp

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.