Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I'm going to Barts and the London :P Dawson Hall baby!

ReputationRep:
    er, whitechapel is much worse than mile end

ReputationRep:
    cant one fight the muggers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drhouse)
    er, whitechapel is much worse than mile end
    It's not and he's going to Dawson hall you ****wit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaysian dentist)
    cant one fight the muggers?
    lmao

This is England mate if someone wants to burgle your house mug you for your phone, steal your car and rape you its basically better to just open the door hang up the call, hand over the keys and drop your trousers because if you defend yourself the mugger will sue you for assault.

Oh btw if YOU want to commit crime thats ok we dont bother punishing people any more (its not very pc) we just give them a piece of paper with ASBO on it so that you know youve been a naughty boy.

Sorry to rant off topic but I felt the need to fill you in as its a subject ti feel strongly about.

ReputationRep:
    On a more practical point, if you fancy getting into a ruck with a dozen knifed up bangla teenagers, you'll get your chance.

Personally, it's not high on my to do list.

(Nearly happened the other day though, there's something vaguely disturbing about a group of kids (12-16 at a guess) with their faces covered squaring up to two blokes who are about a foot taller and a good two stone heavier (or five in Mally's case) than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    I had some friends up at Dawson Hall, it looks like a prison but its better than the Mile End campus.

And Mile End and Whitechaple are practically the same place. If you keep walking down Mile End Road for about 5/10 minutes you end up in Whitechaple.

I guess you can fight the muggers, but they do travel in packs, and carry weapons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themighty)
    I had some friends up at Dawson Hall, it looks like a prison
    Wot? With all them balconys, a bar (when it's done) and the lawn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinnyPuppyBones)
    lmao

This is England mate if someone wants to burgle your house mug you for your phone, steal your car and rape you its basically better to just open the door hang up the call, hand over the keys and drop your trousers because if you defend yourself the mugger will sue you for assault.

Oh btw if YOU want to commit crime thats ok we dont bother punishing people any more (its not very pc) we just give them a piece of paper with ASBO on it so that you know youve been a naughty boy.

Sorry to rant off topic but I felt the need to fill you in as its a subject ti feel strongly about.
    haha you're so funny I really can't stop laughing really I can't...

as for muggers if you can't fight learn how to sprint

ReputationRep:
    Yeh if you are on your own do not fight. You may know martial arts, boxing what ever, but these people will out number you, if they don't get what they want chance is they will stab you.

I agree, learn to sprint!

ReputationRep:
    hurm.. i was just asking.... tx 4 d advice anyway...

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, ive lived in east london for 5+ years, it's just got a lot of character, there's nothing really dangerous there

ReputationRep:
    Mile end isn't really that bad. I've walked mile end rd enough times drunk as an irishman on st paddys day and nothings ever happened. LOL at the knife wielding bangla teenagers (btw they have v.bad haircuts).

ReputationRep:
    I had some friends up at Dawson Hall, it looks like a prison but its better than the Mile End campus.
    Oh it's well nice inside, not prison-y at all It has a really nice courtyard/lawn in the middle, with old buildings surrounding it and ****.

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's well nice inside, not prison-y at all It has a really nice courtyard/lawn in the middle, with old buildings surrounding it and ****.

I really like Dawson, its much nicer than the Mile End campus. I think only medics get it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themighty)
    I think only medics get it though.
    Unfortunately not.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not.
    Ah, weak.

ReputationRep:
    weak like 7 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinnyPuppyBones)
    lmao

What? All they have is knives? Brandish a Glock and I may get scared.

ReputationRep:
    I was in dawson for my first year, but not at barts and I didn't fancy it alot. The cleaners are annoying, the carpet is puke like and one out of the two lifts don't work. But the area is good, barbican is a quite place.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2012
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.