Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onecoolemma)
    I was thinking about it, but then I realised I haven't set foot in a gym or leisure centre for a good few years. And also, there are more fun activities to partake in at uni i.e. drinking.

I presume you can still go and pay each time though?
    Yeah I think so. I'd rather do that than pay £100 and end up rarely using the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onecoolemma)
    I was thinking about it, but then I realised I haven't set foot in a gym or leisure centre for a good few years. And also, there are more fun activities to partake in at uni i.e. drinking.

I presume you can still go and pay each time though?
    I read somewhere (but don't quote me on it) that it's £2 everytime you go for QUB students. So if you go more than once a week then membership would be better value. Thing is, I don't know yet as I have other sports commitments etc.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week starts on Monday 17th.. So if my enrollment is on the Wednesday then do I still come along on Monday? And how do I know where to go or what to do on the monday?

ReputationRep:
    you can see the timetable for all the various freshers events here. If you're living in halls everyone will be moving in around that time, there's not really much else to it other than moving in and being there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    you can see the timetable for all the various freshers events here. If you're living in halls everyone will be moving in around that time, there's not really much else to it other than moving in and being there.
    Sounds kinky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    Thanks!

So which fresher's events are people attending? There doesn't seem to be much to do on Monday 17th.. so I'll just move in that day.

ReputationRep:
    What's the earliest day that you can move in, i.e, when do they hand out the keys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneupthebumdonttellmum)
    What's the earliest day that you can move in, i.e, when do they hand out the keys?
    I got an email from them this morning, you can get your keys from Sat 15th.

As the residential year commences on 15 September 2007, you may check-in and receive your keys during the following dates and times.

Saturday 15 September 2007 10.00 am to 6.00 pm (at the Student Centre, Elms Village)
    Sunday 16 September 2007 12.00 noon to 6.00 pm (at the Student Centre, Elms Village)

From Monday 17 September to Friday 21 September 2007 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (at the Elms Village Reception Building)

ReputationRep:
    So are most people moving in on the 15th? How do you plan to get your stuff down there, by car?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, im headin down on the 15th with all my stuff in the car. Planning to just stay over night with my enrolment on monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Healy9)
    Yea, im headin down on the 15th with all my stuff in the car. Planning to just stay over night with my enrolment on monday.
    15th is a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    I know, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneupthebumdonttellmum)
    So are most people moving in on the 15th? How do you plan to get your stuff down there, by car?
    I'm gonna get the keys on Sat, and move my stuff by car on the Sunday but not 'move in' until Monday! lol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Healy9)
    I know, why?
    I must of mis-read, you said 'overnight' ...but you'll have to stay 2 nights, so I assumed you thought the 15th was a Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Name : Bap
    Subject : MSci Mathematics
    Staying : At home (Yea, that's right).

Anything else you would like to say? : Yea, does everyone plan to attend the events of next week? The workshops, festival, tours and that kind of thing? I hadn't thought about it, and I don't know if it's a good idea if I don't know anyone yet.

Also, did anyone else's enrollment appointment letter say on it that you would receive more detailed information about the locations involved in your induction programme? Because my "welcome and induction" session happens in an ambiguous place, somewhere near the site of the new library, which I haven't been to before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bap_on_wheels)
    Name : Bap
    Subject : MSci Mathematics
    Staying : At home (Yea, that's right).

Anything else you would like to say? : Yea, does everyone plan to attend the events of next week? The workshops, festival, tours and that kind of thing? I hadn't thought about it, and I don't know if it's a good idea if I don't know anyone yet.

Also, did anyone else's enrollment appointment letter say on it that you would receive more detailed information about the locations involved in your induction programme? Because my "welcome and induction" session happens in an ambiguous place, somewhere near the site of the new library, which I haven't been to before.
    I definitely think its a good idea to attend those events, especially if you are living at home. Thats how you will meet people.

As for the other thing, my letter says the sessions I have to go to are held in the PFC (Peter Froggatt centre), and it gives times as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I'm thinking of staying over the both nights til monday. Why not, I suppose. Craic should be good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving in on Saturday too. It will be nice to settle in before all the festivities start on Monday

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm just back from Elms. Moved most of my stuff apart from bedding which I'll do tomorrow. I'm not actually going to be sleeping there until Tuesday as I have work back home etc.

So overall I am happy with it. But the wardrobe is way too small. (for a girl) :p: and there's no full length mirror. lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all in all, it's not too bad. I'm not sure what day I'll move in, I've already got most of my stuff down there.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.