Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    No FF or MGS? Who cares tbh. Play Oblivion or some Tom Clancy game if those are the kinda things you are into
    Hahaha. If that makes you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    Hahaha. If that makes you feel better.
    well i never really liked FF (or Oblivion for that matter). I played MGS on PS2 and didn't like it either tbh (although i don't know about MGS4?) so those 2 games aren't enough for me to want the PS3 :yy:

although the much later release of GTA4 could be upsetting

ReputationRep:
    I posted this elsewhere but, THIS is why I'm buying a PS3. I see it as an investment and there are just more games for me and the types of games I like than on the 360.

Majors: MGS4, FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, Assassin's Creed, GT5, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6, Disgaea 3, Unnamed ICO Team Project, GTA IV, PES 2008, God of War III, Resident Evil 5, LittleBigPlanet, White Knight Story, Silent Hill V, The Last Remnant, Oblivion, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Timesplitters 4, KH:III, Star Ocean IV, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Wipeout PS3.

Minors: The Getaway 3, Haze, Hitman 5, Metal Gear Online, Time Crisis 4, Killzone 2, I really want to bloody see what this Afrika is, Eight Days, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Heavy Rain, Nobi Nobi Boy, Shin Megami Tensei 3, L.A. Noire, Lair, Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Oh God I'm going to bankrupt myself over the next eighteen months.

And all but about eight of those are exclusives!

ReputationRep:
    i vote ps3. it's more expensive but i say it's worth it.

seen the new playTV thing? looks awesome . turn your ps3 in to a super tivo for freeview.

plus the games man, the games. admittedly few are out yet. but it's all about the future... the console is still very young.

ReputationRep:
    I count up to 14 possible multiplatform titles there, and I really can't understand how a gamer can have average-good games like Heavenly Sword on that list (which have been getting 6/10 scores across the board) and say the 360 has absolutely nothing they want. I can't understand how anyone can find nothing ona given console they would like. I can even think of good games on the Atari Jaguar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    I count up to 14 possible multiplatform titles there, and I really can't understand how a gamer can have average-good games like Heavenly Sword on that list (which have been getting 6/10 scores across the board) and say the 360 has absolutely nothing they want. I can't understand how anyone can find nothing ona given console they would like. I can even think of good games on the Atari Jaguar...
    i hate review sites tho. they slated warhawk for having no single player. how dumb can you get? it's a bloody multiplayer game! it's like slating a final fantasy for not having multiplayer.

review sites can suck my balls ill tell for myself how good a game is and by the number of times i've played through the hs demo i'd say it's pretty ****ing good.

ReputationRep:
    When all the critics seem to hold the same opnion on a game I tend to take notice. There's a reason the same games appear in the top 100 lists over and over again etc. The fact is, most PS3.... worshippers? seem to be hoping that these games that we have seen a couple videos of will be great games that justify their expensive purchase. The same is true for owners of other consoles too of course, but in 360s case there are already lots and lots of great games. PS3 has had a drought isnce launch so people put a lot of faith into games like Heavenly Sword and Lair, both of which are now ready to come out and have been getting slightly above average reviews at best. It's one thing to buy a console and then look forward to games that look interesting, it is another to buy one because some good games might come out for it some day. If people had listened back in March they would have saved a about 100 quid to wait until now, during which time they would have missed approximately zero good games. If the games you want aren't out yet, wait.

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the games listed by Brotherhood which i would buy myself...only one is exclusive only to PS3..and it has a perfectly adequate rival already present on xbox 360 (which i have bought).

hehe.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bloody guess. And I counted myself and counted 10. Average-good? Have you played it? I didn't say the 360 has nothing I want so don't misquote me, in fact I listed three games further up. It has a few exclusives that I do want, but nowhere near in the region of what the PS3 has.

I don't care what review sites say anyway, I've played plenty of games, watched plenty of movies and read plenty of books that have been slated and enjoyed them a lot. I don't pay any attention to reviews. According to MetaCritic Heavenly Sword has an 83 average anyway. I haven't seen one 6/10 never mind across the board. It may not be a 10 or even a 9 but it's not a 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    Out of all the games listed by Brotherhood which i would buy myself...only one is exclusive only to PS3..and it has a perfectly adequate rival already present on xbox 360 (which i have bought).

hehe.
    Fine, that's you and your welcome to your personal preference. As for me it's the complete opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Well Edge gave it a 6 and i trust them above anyone else. And I thought the demo showed just how overhyped the game was. It's not a system seller by any means.

ReputationRep:
    When all the critics seem to hold the same opnion on a game I tend to take notice. There's a reason the same games appear in the top 100 lists over and over again etc. The fact is, most PS3.... worshippers? seem to be hoping that these games that we have seen a couple videos of will be great games that justify their expensive purchase. The same is true for owners of other consoles too of course, but in 360s case there are already lots and lots of great games. PS3 has had a drought isnce launch so people put a lot of faith into games like Heavenly Sword and Lair, both of which are now ready to come out and have been getting slightly above average reviews at best. It's one thing to buy a console and then look forward to games that look interesting, it is another to buy one because some good games might come out for it some day. If people had listened back in March they would have saved a about 100 quid to wait until now, during which time they would have missed approximately zero good games. If the games you want aren't out yet, wait.
    a point well made. the game drought does tend to exaggerate hype. still i liked everything about the game so far. meh... warhawk will be d/l by now

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Warhawk will sell as many as it deserves due to the perception people have that all games must have single player (like Shadowrun on 360 suffered). I'd be interested were it not for Ace Combat 6 on 360

ReputationRep:
    Well Edge gave it a 6 and i trust them above anyone else. And I thought the demo showed just how overhyped the game was. It's not a system seller by any means.
    Nobody said that it was. Fine, put blind faith in a magazine. I like to actually try things for myself before forming an opinion. Until that point I'm at least open to the possibility of me liking something.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd go for the 360.

The PS3 is a nice piece of kit, but the price and the current release list doesn't make it a viable purchase at the moment.

I've got a Nintendo Wii, but I'm probably going to sell it in exchange for a 360. Excellent little machine, dry release list, bored with the novelty.

ReputationRep:
    Did I just not say I played the demo? I'm not going to spend 40 quid to "try" something if the magazines and websites I trust all said it wasn't very good and the demo didn't want me want to rush out and buy a PS3. Lucky my friend has more money than sense and bought the console I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of warhawk. Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, CoD4, UT3, Haze & Fifa are the games i'm buying this christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I agree though, I don't trust Reviews. I review them myself. I don't see the point in trusting a person who doesn't have the same taste as me. I'd rather buy/rent a game, get through it then sell it on eBay, it has worked this far into my life and it won't stop now. =]

ReputationRep:
    Funny how all of those apart from the first (discussed above) will be coming to 360 this winter or spring.

I'll be buying Halo 3, Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Ace Combat 6, CoD4. That is, if I have time to finish the great 360 games I already have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    I agree though, I don't trust Reviews. I review them myself. I don't see the point in trusting a person who doesn't have the same taste as me. I'd rather buy/rent a game, get through it then sell it on eBay, it has worked this far into my life and it won't stop now. =]
    While you'll never going to agree with every review, they are incredibly helpful because unlike the reviewers who get sent every game ever, you can't possibly try every single game - who has the time and the money? If you don't trust reviews, you should be trying every single game because who knows, maybe that new Army Men title is actuallly the best thing ever...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.