'IQ five' accomodation. Watch

lyrical_maze
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
*with a murderous look in the eyes*........................... ................................ ................................ ................................ .........................i'm in iQ five...
tcm1106
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_maze)
*with a murderous look in the eyes*........................... ................................ ................................ ................................ .........................i'm in iQ five...
yeh i've been dumped on the other side of the road in QHC. nevermind.
lyrical_maze
Report 11 years ago
im in flat 20
HaileyBailey
Report 11 years ago
I know how disheartening it can be to be put somewhere you don't initially want to be. But ask anyone who's been through this and stuck it out and I'm sure they'll all tell you the same thing - it really is the people that you're with that will make the experience.

I know iQ5 isn't on The Vale but it's brand spanking new and gorgeous. Also as Ashbourne1 said it's in a brilliant location. Although I was in Aitken my main going-out-mates all lived in QHC or The Beeches and I was dead jealous as it was so easy for them to wander home after a night out and I was often left getting a taxi back on my own to The Vale which is in the middle of nowhere effectively.

As for the walk from uni, well yeah maybe it's 40 mins but the Vale is easily 30, even if the Uni lists it as 15 - believe me it's not. Also you'll be dead close to 5 Ways train station which will make going to Uni or The Bullring a breeze.

Have a look at the iQ5 website and try and stay positive, you'll make it your own I'm sure and save a small fortune on taxis!
Meg 23
Report 11 years ago
does anyone know how much a train fare from fiveways to the university station would be? thats one of my worries having to spend money getting to the uni!
abi g
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Meg 23)
does anyone know how much a train fare from fiveways to the university station would be? thats one of my worries having to spend money getting to the uni!
apparently it's like 90p if you get yourself one of those student railcards.
I'm off to get mine today thanks to Natwest!
Otherwise they only cost like, 20quid or something (Y)
abi g
What number flat is everyone in btw?
lyrical_maze
Report 11 years ago
BIRMINGHAM UNI is on a ******* hype!!!!! Let me tell you WHY. I got my accommodation stuff FINALLY...TODAY! and my first payment for this "NON-UNI ACCOMMODATION" is TODAY! and PLUS they've put me in a SINGLE SEX FLAT....when i told them i been in an all girls school since YEAR 5........ i am sooooo mad........im absolutely brewing....so basically.....they want me to pay £646.....TODAY....when i aint even got my student loan yet....... RIGHT!!!
Meg 23
Report 11 years ago
Is the payment due today for everyone? Because i havent even got my accommodation pack it got lost in the post. Im going to look around tomorrow looks nice in the photos anybody know if that nice in real life?
lyrical_maze
Report 11 years ago
yeah the woman on the phone in the uni accommodation office was like *quivering* i could almost hear her *drooling* because of how "nice" it is apparently. Could they make it *nice* and *NEARER* PERHAPS?????!!!!
abi g
(Original post by Meg 23)
Is the payment due today for everyone? Because i havent even got my accommodation pack it got lost in the post. Im going to look around tomorrow looks nice in the photos anybody know if that nice in real life?
I went to have a look round yesterday and it is as nice as it looks in the pics!

About the payment thing - it is a right piss take. My mum had to pay mine cos of me not having a loan yet and I felt bad making her pay so much. Tis ridiculoussss paying now when we dont move in for another few weeks.
Meg 23
Report 11 years ago
im starting to like the idea of living there now and even with getting the train everyday. It will be cheaper than elgar court which was my first choice. Does anybody know if theres a supermarket near by cus we are self catering?
HaileyBailey
Report 11 years ago
Tesco at 5 ways is most probably your nearest..and it's huuuggee. However I think there is a small Sainsbury's at Brindley Place which is just on the other side of Broad Street.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
EDIT: Never mind
lyrical_maze
Report 11 years ago
apart from wanting our photos to know what we look like, why do they need them? Is it going on a swipe card or sumtin?
Tomspaz
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_maze)
apart from wanting our photos to know what we look like, why do they need them? Is it going on a swipe card or sumtin?
I was thinking that. It's totally unreasonable to expect us to get passport photos, our deposit paid and all the forms returned within 7 days.
Meg 23
Report 11 years ago
i went to look round today, it looks really nice. Birmingham have booked 6 or seven floors and you will only be living with students of the university of Birmingham and they will all be first years. O and there is apparently a free bus to the university campus for IQ5 and queens hospital close.
Ashbourne1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's 80p return by train with a student railcard.

The bus was 50p last year.
lyrical_maze
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tomspaz)
I was thinking that. It's totally unreasonable to expect us to get passport photos, our deposit paid and all the forms returned within 7 days.
i know, but it's do-able. I did it the same day i got the accommodation pack.

by the way, i think we've all been put in the flats that are underground you know. that's what a lot of the people on facebook are telling me.
Naomi29
Report 11 years ago
Hey, i'm in IQ Five as well, i rang the uni today, and i'm in flat 40 and they said that's on the 3rd floor, so the thing about it all being underground isn't true... I was really annoyed when i first heard that i'd be at IQ Five as i wanted to be on the vale as well.. but from looking at what everyone has said and thinking about it, i think it's really good... is brand new en-suite and right next to broad street..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads