Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool.Zero)
    Just noticed you applied for warwick... I think your chance at warwick is actually pretty good.
    What on earth are you on about? Every post you make seems to have some kind of contradiction. Warwick are particularly strict about you getting AAA. I know loads of people who applied (including myself) for Law with AAAA at AS-level but still get rejected. If you get an offer and then miss it, I don't think your chances are particularly good.

ReputationRep:
    Cool.Zero : actually i have a friend with AAB who got into KCL.

TommehR: i suppose i stand a chance of getting into oxford. mm i heard the interviews are actually the deciding factors in the admissions. and i do believe that i will be offered the interview. am i right to say that if i shine through in the interview, my AABB will be less of a concern ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hailstorm)
    Cool.Zero : actually i have a friend with AAB who got into KCL.
    Unless anything has changed, the standard KCL offer for Law is AAB. That's the offer that I was made.

TommehR: i suppose i stand a chance of getting into oxford. mm i heard the interviews are actually the deciding factors in the admissions. and i do believe that i will be offered the interview. am i right to say that if i shine through in the interview, my AABB will be less of a concern ? thanks
    If you have your heart set on Oxford then I think that you should make an application. If you write an outstanding personal statement and really big up your ACCA qualification then I think that that could get you an interview (just so you know, getting an interview is not assured, loads of people don't actually get interviews, especially for Law). If you're a mature student and have another degree under your belt then A-levels will become less of an issue.

But don't get your hopes up too much. Even for people with a string of A's and an amazing application don't get offers. I think that if you can put together a really strong application and acknowledge that yes, your A-levels aren't the best they could have been, but you've made up for it since you took them with your ACCA qualification then you could get an interview. Once you've got the interview, if you really shine and they really like you then I would have thought that they would not hesitate to make you an offer, regardless of your A-levels.

Final piece of advice: don't for god's sake apply to Christ Church or Magdalen or one of the immensely popular colleges, you won't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    This is right, if you ignore the people who get EE offers and some who get AAB, and some who get made AAA offers but then miss it but still get let in.

But yeah, if you close your eyes and keep saying your statement then it might become true.
    I'm being realistic. The minority you're referring to are probably less than 10% of A-level students made offers. And the ones with EE offers... less than 2%? And you can't get made an AAA offer, miss it "but still get let in" lol. Not at oxbridge :p:

ReputationRep:
    okie thank you very much..
    actually i forecasted my application to be this way..
    Oxford - very slim to slight chance
    LSE - slim to moderate
    Kings,UCL - moderate to high
    Warwick - well i guess its a good university which doesnt require the LNAT.

well.. thanks for the advice TommehR.
    i am applying for open universities. haha

ReputationRep:
    good luck! you'll need it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm being realistic. The minority you're referring to are probably less than 10% of A-level students made offers. And the ones with EE offers... less than 2%? And you can't get made an AAA offer, miss it "but still get let in" lol. Not at oxbridge :p:
    I guess the people that I know at Oxbridge who missed their offers are lying then.

Besides, he probably is classified as a mature student. In which case all of this isn't really relevant. You get loads of mature students with rubbish A-levels who get interviews and who get in still.

ReputationRep:
    Please, just leave the Law forum or shut up. Your 'advice' is entirely useless, based on nothing other than random speculation, and complete rubbish.

You do not have a clue what you are talking about.

There are plenty of people who have missed their offer and still got in to Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    mm .. so as a mature student my chances of entering oxford is much higher?
    well, i'll be 21 next year. and i'll have a degree next year(June 08).

somehow i feel that my chances just feels slimmer considering i got AABB as compared to my peers who have perfect scores. haha.. just being down to earth. (correct me please if im wrong)

ReputationRep:
    No. Your chances are not 'much higher', but unis are often less strict.

I don't think it's really very applicable for you, as you're only 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hailstorm)
    mm .. so as a mature student my chances of entering oxford is much higher?
    Definitely not. The only advantage that you might have is that they might not be so concerned about your A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal-Beagle)
    Actuall kcl ask for ABB last time i looked

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    try AAA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewisy-boy)
    try AAA...
    mm sorry but what do ya mean ?

ReputationRep:
    kcl is an AAA uni now.

ReputationRep:
    Website still says AAB...

ReputationRep:
    well everyone on here was lying, i must stop trusting you lot.

ReputationRep:
    Check the 2008 prospectus... it is AAA

ReputationRep:
    Why would I have a 2008 prospectus?

Pfft, Strand Poly are useless. They don't even know what they want to make their standard offer.

ReputationRep:
    mm.. what does AAA/B mean?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.