giving up battling with spots. Watch

FoeGeddaBowDeet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree. Going to doctor next week to get something real, no over the counter products have ever worked for me, neither has a completely healthy diet.
digitalis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Screw clearasil, erythromycine, oral antibiotics, facewash...there is only one real cure for acne...and thats Roaccutane.
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've given up too. I've had spots (not acne just a few spots all the time) for about ten years and I think I gave up a long time ago.

Cure for spots? Concealer!
x1nick
Report 12 years ago
If its quite bad then go to your doctor and ask about roaccutane

Magic stuff that
Rebel Yell
Report 12 years ago
There IS things that work, I can tell you that now as my skin hasn't looked as good in 6 years and it's not down to age.

In October I went on Roaccutane and it worked wonders, really got rid of all my spots. However because of the dryness I'd recommend what I used - Simple Foaming Facial Wash, followed by Simple Rich Replenishing/Light Hydrating moisturiser depending on what stage in the treatment you are.

Finished the roacc in march and by the time my follow up appointment came in august my skin had started to regrease - only lightly, but enough to cause breakouts.

Anyway, the doctor prescribed me with PanOxyl face wash and this really does work wonders!!! Started using it on 12th, haven't had anything other than really tiny 1 day spots since about 15th.

So yeah, you can beat spots, or at least control them, just takes some effort!!!
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
I know what you mean OP... the amount they charge thesedays for spot treatment products is an absolute joke. They must be rolling in it.

Luckily the ones on my face have died down in the last year and are no longer a problem... just the ones on my back now... they are an absolute nightmare.

The spots on my Dad's back didn't clear up until he was 45 (few years ago now )
Exfoliating gloves! I think you can buy them at Superdrug and they're really cheap. They work amazing for spots on your back, especially dried up ones. I used them for a few days and they got rid of nearly all my spots of my back And my skin was smoother as it gets rid of dead skin too

To the OP - water gets rid of a lot of spots, sadly not all But still a lot more effective than spot treatment and more affordable :p:
trottski
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One thing you can try is just getting some sun on your face it dries out your spots and they virtually disappear. Problem is you need to be in a hot sunny country for this to work lol.
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe I'm odd, but since I've started to make a conscious effort to drink more water, I think I've become much spottier.
brak3n
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My spots coincide with my menstrual cycle, so I long since decided that nothing I buy will prevent them from appearing, just hopefully reduce how noticeable they are.
Fingers crossed for growing out of it!
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ahhh yes benzoyl peroxide! Wonderful stuff. Had terrible acne for years, until i finally got benozyl on perscription . Although now i dont use it, as they do tend to go away with age.
williamwhite
Report 12 years ago
Roaccutane is the best treatment for acne. It reduces the secretion of grease from the sebum glands on your head, shoulders, neck, back etc.. Sometimes I went days without washing my hair because there was no greasy build-up (plus my hair looked good!). The amount of sebum you secrete is genetic, roaccutane reduces that, and as a result you don't get any spots. Which is great! Here are some other things you can do to reduce greasy build up on your skin:

1. Drink plenty of water (2l per day).
2. Don't stay up late, keep a good sleep routine.
3. Don't idly touch your face or rest your head on your hands. Treat your face very gently, esp when drying and applying products.
4. Get outside, get your face in the Sun's rays. I find my skin clears if I've been more active.
5. Take at least one shower per day.

My advice is to keep your life regular and organised. That way you'll drink enough water, get enough sleep, get enough exercise. I find my spots go down when I'm at uni, where I have more forced routine than at home.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yesss its advisable not too wash your face too much, that does more harm than good .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads