Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! Finally found some biochemists!!

Applied to Nott, Warwick, York, Bristol and Leicester...jst waitin 4 bristol now.. shud hear soon after open day hopefully thinkin york or nott atm! anyone else got them in mind??

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have applied for all biochemistry courses at St Andrews Durham Nottingham Warwick and Aston. So far I have had offers from St Andrews BBB Nottingham ABB and Aston BCC.

I've chosen to go to St Andrews if i can get the grades. I've seen league tables that put St Andrews 3rd for Biosciences and 4th for Chemistry. BBB seems really low for those standards isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cas254)
    Hey! I have applied for all biochemistry courses at St Andrews Durham Nottingham Warwick and Aston. So far I have had offers from St Andrews BBB Nottingham ABB and Aston BCC.

I've chosen to go to St Andrews if i can get the grades. I've seen league tables that put St Andrews 3rd for Biosciences and 4th for Chemistry. BBB seems really low for those standards isnt it?
    Yay more biochemists! Well done on those offers! If you don't mind, could you tell me when you sent off your application for St. Andrews? I sent it off at the start of November, and all I've had so far was an acknowledgement. Argh I hate how Scottish unis are so slow in making decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! Finally found some biochemists!!

Got 4 offers so far!! v pleased. cant decide between nott and york tho...anyone else got them in mind??

ReputationRep:
    am tryna decide between nottz and warwick

ReputationRep:
    imperial unconditional! its ma 5th choice thou afta medicine

ReputationRep:
    Deciding between Nottingham and Warwick. Help anyone? (Biology btw, might change to biochemistry half way through my first year - I'll see how it goes!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey is anyone here planning to study Biochemistry at Bath???? any news on offers etc?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Edinburgh to do three Biomedical courses got conditional for all three BC in Advanced Chemistry and Biology Got an Uncondtional for Napier to biomedical science really hope i get into Edinburgh though:p:
    I heard napier isn't very good at all for sciences anyone know anything??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hiya, congrats on all your offers. im a current 2nd year biochemist, so if anyones got an questions about the subject/courses etc. feel free to ask. most people i meet dont really know what to expect from biochem or it turns out not to be what they expected, but im sure you'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    Which unis are considered good for biochemistry? Based on facilities, teaching quality, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rag-doll)
    Which unis are considered good for biochemistry? Based on facilities, teaching quality, etc.
    Would you like the theory of life with that as well? Lol, that's like asking the impossible. It's based on many factors (and also you should compile your own). Ie. "The WOW factor" etc. which most uni guides don't factor (surprisingly).

ReputationRep:
    Well, for example York and Nottingham appeal to me, but as an international I don't know much of the reputation of their biochemistry departments, I've just generally heard that they're regarded as good universities.
    I mean, there definitely are unis which are considered better for biochemistry than others (some don't have good facilities or teaching quality is poor).
    I know that it all depends on whether you like the course and the uni or not, but I would just like some starting points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rag-doll)
    Well, for example York and Nottingham appeal to me, but as an international I don't know much of the reputation of their biochemistry departments, I've just generally heard that they're regarded as good universities.
    I mean, there definitely are unis which are considered better for biochemistry than others (some don't have good facilities or teaching quality is poor).
    I know that it all depends on whether you like the course and the uni or not, but I would just like some starting points.
    Nottingham's good (i'm slightly biased seeing as i'm going there!), but i really liked their biology course and modules and they seemed like a friendly place! New equipment too and such, and the biology field course (to portugal) looks awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to imperial, ucl, kings, bristol and warrick! Got offers from all of them! Gone with Imperial as my firm choice and kings as my insurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunty)
    I applied to imperial, ucl, kings, bristol and warrick! Got offers from all of them! Gone with Imperial as my firm choice and kings as my insurance!
    Not UCL? Probably the best place to study biomolecular sciences in the country...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Not UCL? Probably the best place to study biomolecular sciences in the country...
    So do you think UCL is superior to Imperial? Why would that be? (I need to decide between Imperial & UCL too!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    So do you think UCL is superior to Imperial? Why would that be? (I need to decide between Imperial & UCL too!)
    The Wolfson Institute

ReputationRep:
    I'm an AS student but i'm thinking about what universities to look at, I really like organic chemistry and biology; if i chose to do a biochem course, what would be the best uni to look at? (preferably not london, i want to get away from home.)
    I have thought about warwick, oxford, edinburgh, bristol, york, surrey, aston amoung others, i'd like peoples opinions on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie!!!)
    I'm an AS student but i'm thinking about what universities to look at, I really like organic chemistry and biology; if i chose to do a biochem course, what would be the best uni to look at? (preferably not london, i want to get away from home.)
    I have thought about warwick, oxford, edinburgh, bristol, york, surrey, aston amoung others, i'd like peoples opinions on them.
    St. Andrews is supposedly a good uni for biochem too.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.