Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here's my right ear currently at 4mm dont think I'll go much bigger as it looks cute, an really big stretches make me cringe lol

I just have a normal barbell in my left ear as it really didnt get on with stretching but the right ear's been effortless!

ReputationRep:
    I wear 5mm flesh tunnels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninetyeights)
    also, with needles they're hollow so the flesh is removed.
    Don't want to sound rude, but that's not true. Piercing needles do not remove any skin. Because they're cut to a point, they're amazingly sharp - this creates a clean 'slice' through the skin, causing less trauma than a gun shooting a blunt stud through your skin.

Just thought I ought to clarify

ReputationRep:
    The smaller, more discreet variety of 'tunnel' can be quite fetching; the larger sort (i.e. those intended to distend the lobe to the point of disfigurement) strike me as being inversely proportionate with the I.Q. of the wearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I wear 5mm flesh tunnels.
    Tasteful and elegant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Tasteful and elegant.
    I do try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Don't want to sound rude, but that's not true. Piercing needles do not remove any skin. Because they're cut to a point, they're amazingly sharp - this creates a clean 'slice' through the skin, causing less trauma than a gun shooting a blunt stud through your skin.

Just thought I ought to clarify
    seriously? i've been told different, by the woman who actually pierced me! that's not good haha.

in response to your other post- i really, REALLY liek your flesh tunnels. i saw them in the shop and i really wanted a pair!

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks, they weren't cheap either £10 each *tuts*, but I'm into my 'bling' and all my jewellery has to match (blackline with clear gems). Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    The smaller, more discreet variety of 'tunnel' can be quite fetching; the larger sort (i.e. those intended to distend the lobe to the point of disfigurement) strike me as being inversely proportionate with the I.Q. of the wearer.
    i really agree. i mean, i like small ones but the biggest i'd personally wear are 5/8..

that's not how big i want to go, but i think that's as big as you can get without needing surgery for them to go back to 'normal' again. people like pauly unstoppable of myspace..

ReputationRep:
    i really agree. i mean, i like small ones but the biggest i'd personally wear are 5/8..

that's not how big i want to go, but i think that's as big as you can get without needing surgery for them to go back to 'normal' again. people like pauly unstoppable of myspace..
    It becomes a monomania of sorts; the earlobe equivalent of Lolo Ferrari, if you will, or this tosser.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they can look sexy on sexy guys with 'the look'

ReputationRep:
    I like them. I currently have 4mm and 2mm.

I did have a 3mm one but it fell out a few days ago then went all small again which was gutting as it was time to stretch it again, and now i am going to have a 5mm and a 2mm

But nyhoos, I am not planning on going too big, will probably stop at about 1cm.

ReputationRep:
    It becomes a monomania of sorts; the earlobe equivalent of Lolo Ferrari, if you will, or this tosser.
    :eek: How does he put his arms down... and walk and stuff? Wow... he has muscles I barely knew existed!

As for the ear thing... when I first saw one someone had a rather large one and it rather freaked me out. However, seeing the small ones I think they look okay. Not personally my taste but it doesn't look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorkHouse)
    Here's a question - cartilage done by needles or gun? I'm an absolute fairy when it comes to pain so i want it to be over with... whats the general consensus on this?

I've currently got 3 in each ear with a view to tragus and upper cartilage being done. Had my 1st 2 with gun and 3rd with needle - a scarring experience lol, especially when i looked in the mirror half way through and looked like i had glowsticks hanging off my ear.

baby plugs are cute, I don't mind them. How easy is it for the lobe to stretch back btw?
    Can someone please shed light on why i was negged for this post?

ReputationRep:
    My ears are at 1/2" currently, I doubt I'll go any bigger. Maybe a little, but not for quite a while. That's 12.7mm if you're no good with conversions, and if I buy from the UK I can wear both 12mm and 13mm plugs.

I'm really not fond of the look of regular earrings any more, I adore my ears, to be honest, haha :p:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...h/DSCN2767.jpg
    ^ Those are some of my favourite plugs right now. I need to take more pictures...

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...pire/timeline/
    ^ If anyone cares, that's a timeline of my ears, from 10g to now, at 1/2". The first picture is 7/16" (11mm), the second is 1/2" (12.7mm), the one called earskins is 0g (8mm) and the one called greendichro is also 0g, I just forgot to rename those ones.

For the people asking how likely it is for them to close up...you can pretty much go to 5mm or 6mm and have it almost guaranteed to close up to virtually 'normal', BUT there is always a chance it won't close up. Some peoples ears will close back from 14mm or bigger, some people can stretch to 4mm and they won't shrink even a little. It's completely dependant on you. The way you stretch & care for your ears also has a lot to do with it though. Stretch properly and you'll avoid any scar tissue which will make it more likely that they would close.

Really though, stretching should be considered permanent unless you're planning on getting them surgically closed.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please shed light on why i was negged for this post?
    what does negged mean?? i've only been a member for like a week, also can some one please explain what a society is?

+ kate, i really love your ears! they're the size i'd like to go to!

ReputationRep:
    I started strechin my ear in science in year 11. 3/4 years ago. I love it. It's now 8mm and i've done it all myself. I just shove the bigger ones through. It smelled when it was healin but it doesnt now. Streches rock.

ReputationRep:
    what does negged mean?? i've only been a member for like a week, also can some one please explain what a society is?
    Negged is negative rep, the little green gems show how popular you on (like how many people think your replies are good) see faq. And secondly... see faq lol.

ReputationRep:
    Someone disapproved of my post... still don't get it?!

BTW - Kate. Where did you get those earrings (i'm not sure if that's what you'd call them) in the 1st picture. They are absolutely stunning! Share th wealth!

ReputationRep:
    Someone disapproved of my post... still don't get it?!

BTW - Kate. Where did you get those earrings (i'm not sure if that's what you'd call them) in the 1st picture. They are absolutely stunning! Share th wealth!
    Plugs is the correct word, heh & they're from www.glasswearstudios.com - a wonderful site for glass plugs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.