Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
thank you lizj
Natcarr88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do they send the bursary letter and the financial letter back though? Only my bursary letter has a barcode on and I'm not sure if it has to be scanned to release my bursary...
country_bumpkin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got granted an HC2 certificate! YAAAAY! Not had my info that I sent off as proof back tho?? Prob got stuck in the blooming postal strike.
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Natcarr88)
Do they send the bursary letter and the financial letter back though? Only my bursary letter has a barcode on and I'm not sure if it has to be scanned to release my bursary...
Yes, I got my proof letters back in the same envelope as the HC2 certificate.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How long did it take people to get replies? I sent my HC1 form a few weeks ago now and haven't heard anything (I'm aware of the postal strike).....
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do i need to fill in the HC1 and THEN the HC2...or can i just get hold of the HC2 and do that?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bourne)
Do i need to fill in the HC1 and THEN the HC2...or can i just get hold of the HC2 and do that?
the hc1 is the form you fill in to decide what help (if any) you get. the hc2 is just the form that says you get free prescriptions and max help - although it isn't a "form" in that it needs filling in. it just has your name, address, and other details on, and you need to take it with you whenever you want to use it. so no, you can't just get that.
Arteta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
the hc1 is the form you fill in to decide what help (if any) you get. the hc2 is just the form that says you get free prescriptions and max help - although it isn't a "form" in that it needs filling in. it just has your name, address, and other details on, and you need to take it with you whenever you want to use it. so no, you can't just get that.
Ok, thankyou

I will go in search of my HC1 tomorrow.
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
How long did it take people to get replies? I sent my HC1 form a few weeks ago now and haven't heard anything (I'm aware of the postal strike).....
Mine took 4 weeks. (before postal strikes though)
Darkness123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The problem for me right now is, that I sent the grant/tuition fee letter in, and for a reply turns out they want something from my University about how much Bursary I will be receiving problem with this is that I won't get a letter about it till February? Anyone know what I can do?
shtumpy
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys,
I had dental treatment about 2 weeks ago and i had to pay for it.
They told me i can fill out a HC1 form, so i did that, with proof of income and such... Thing is, i haven't heard anything since?
Anyone know how long it takes to get a reply from these people? Do they contact you by phone if there was a problem?
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bit of a silly question but I don't want to make a mistake - I have far too many things on repeat prescription to mess it up lol... When it says 'are your tuition fees paid by a local education authority' does that mean the loan you get from the Student Loan Company to cover them? Especially as the next question asks if you've applied to the LEA or Student Loans Comany for support, including a box to tick for Tuition Fee support... Am I right in assuming you tick no to the former and yes to the latter in my situation?

layla_1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey thought I would bump this thread/
lealim
Report 6 years ago
hi, I'm filling in the hc1 form now, which i downloaded and printed from the NHS website. Thing is, they don't give a postal address? Can anyone tell me this address?
Kferns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey. with this form do you need to send it off before you go to opticians etc to take a bit with you or can you claim back after?
ganey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sent off a HC2 about 2 months ago now, and have heard nothing back.
How long does it normally take?
asdfghjklEllie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How low does your income need to be to qualify for hc2?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (101)
40.4%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (82)
32.8%
I don't have an opinion (67)
26.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed