Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    they dont have to have the label on the back at all...

mine are genuine uggs bought from australia and they don't have the 'ugg' label on the back at all, because they're the new style. doesnt mean they're not genuine... (i've seen them on asos for 150 with sienna miller wearing them)
    in aus theres dif styles, some with extra thick soles, some with padding on the toe and heel, some with the label on in white, some brown... they're real!

the ones that arn't real are the ones selling in claires for £15!

http://www.asos.com/product/pgeprodu...g=image2&ns4=0

these are from asos and are genuine but have white label!!!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy0703)
    How much are people prepared to pay for their uggs> For example if I said I would expect Uggs for £140, long chestnut ones, does that seem a good price> Everyone seems prepared to pay a fortune! xxxxxxxx
    I paid £90 for my long ones on ebay. I think £140 is a bit steep. I'd pay that for really nice heels, but not for non-descript boots.

ReputationRep:
    I do not like uggs.

ReputationRep:
    I'll only ever buy brand name Uggs from Ugg Australia. All the others are copies and if I'm paying out hundred+ pounds, then they're gonna be the genuine article.

Getting some black classic tall Uggs in the next few weeks when I can be bothered to work out the postage costs from Aus to UK lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HANNAH1987)
    they dont have to have the label on the back at all...

mine are genuine uggs bought from australia and they don't have the 'ugg' label on the back at all, because they're the new style. doesnt mean they're not genuine... (i've seen them on asos for 150 with sienna miller wearing them)
    in aus theres dif styles, some with extra thick soles, some with padding on the toe and heel, some with the label on in white, some brown... they're real!

the ones that arn't real are the ones selling in claires for £15!

http://www.asos.com/product/pgeprodu...g=image2&ns4=0

these are from asos and are genuine but have white label!!!

x
    Those boots from Asos are Ugg Australia though, can't you see the difference between the label on those and the label on the ones you showed.. All Ugg (notice the capital U ) boots have that label on them, the colour of the label depends on the colour of the boot. From memory, sand boots have a creamy coloured label, chesnut boots have a brown label, black boots have a black label. The uggs you showed had a completely different label, look at the style of the writing.

I'm not saying your boots aren't genuine sheep skin but they're not Ugg Australia boots. I'm sure in Australia there are lots of different brands and people don't care. But, in this country 'real uggs' are considered the boots by Ugg Australia. You'll never find Ugg Australia boots for £50 in this country unless they're secound hand

ReputationRep:
    that's just label snobbery.
    I mean, christ, who REALLY cares about the differences between one Ugg boot from australia and another??
    as long as they're sheepskin, why does it really matter?

ReputationRep:
    But, they're worn for fashion in this country. You know when you buy Ugg boots you're getting grade A sheep skin. Everyone knows the Ugg Australia boots are top quality. So wearing other brands is like buying a fake designer bag.

I'm not saying that wearing other ugg boots by other brands is wrong. Obviously everyone can't afford to pay £140 for some boots and a lot of people wouldn't want to, so it's fair enough that people buy more affordable brands, although, I personally wouldn't. I just pointed out that those boots were 'fake Uggs' as it was obvious the OP was talking about Ugg Australia boots and so making out she could get real uggs for £54 wasn't really helpful.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.