Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How about doing some in Jan and some in June?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think thats the best plan too - and if you've done well, your UMS may be raised so far you don't actually need to resit anymore.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, but i want some nice grades for january so i can get into pharmacy by march.
    if i end up getting ACC or even ABC and the limited places and so forth theres less chance. but i suppose im going to have to compromise.

ReputationRep:
    thats a bad idea i think cos i dont wanna have any unneccessary AS stuff in my head. Ill rather get it over and done with in January
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As said before, most A2's have a synoptic paper anyway, where you have to do questions from the whole course, which is why its just as easy to do AS resits in June (in fact probably easier).

Also in modules like chemistry, you still need the knowledge from AS in some of the A2 questions - i did anyway!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: great idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fire Star)
    how did it go?
    any big increases in grades?
    Bio when from C to A
    Chem went from D to B
    Maths stayed the same haha.

Gotta admit though, one maths paper i dropped a grade, but I had a C anyway so it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

ReputationRep:
    to the op...did u get those grades because u didn't study for the as's? if so, it would be a good idea to resit since u've hopefully learnt the error of your ways and will revisee ( a lot)

i'm saying this because i'm pretty much in the same boat...did no revision in the summer, came out with bccd...not proud of it..and i plan on retaking A LOT to get all A's ... i know i'm capable, just need to WORK WORK WORK for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    to the op...did u get those grades because u didn't study for the as's? if so, it would be a good idea to resit since u've hopefully learnt the error of your ways and will revisee ( a lot)

i'm saying this because i'm pretty much in the same boat...did no revision in the summer, came out with bccd...not proud of it..and i plan on retaking A LOT to get all A's ... i know i'm capable, just need to WORK WORK WORK for it
    got those grades because i revised for 3 days for bio+chem and 1 week for computing approx 2 hours a day.
    that was in the summer where i had other things going on that conflicted with the time i had to revise. NOW its winter, and there is nothing to do but revise.
    i know im capable its just a matter of me sitting down and getting on with it.

ReputationRep:
    was in pretty much the same situation...literally revised the night before ...not clever lol

good luck

ReputationRep:
    yep me too but i did not even revise unit 2 economics cos i did it so late

ReputationRep:
    so any of you doing lots of resits in jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fire Star)
    so any of you doing lots of resits in jan?
    one in english (maybe) to get my grade up to an A

and 3 AS chem resits in jan..then A2 in june

i reckon you wil be ok if you revise for all your subjects
    i had 9 exams last june and got ABbU...the U was because of no revision-so it would be a good idea to start revision early or only do the resits you need to do.as you have 11 resits along with A2 stuff

ReputationRep:
    I should only be doing 3 resits, one from each subject. I got an A grade in my History Luther exam 74/90, not i want to retake as I felt I did quite poorly and could have done a lot better, do you think it would be stupid to resit, putting unecessary pressure on me or do I have nothing to loose (the latter being how I see it, however my teachers might see it as a ridiculous idea, as i got an E in my other exam and need to concentrate on that)

It's just that i didn't revise half as much as i could have done ( I had an excellent teacher.) I was in my fourth hour of exam that day after about 4hrs sleep the night before and feel like everything I wrote was a incoherent ramble, and I could do better next time with revision and some sleep lol.

Please don't hate me for saying I want to resit an A grade It's just that i want the best chance I can of getting an A at A2 and i really enjoyed studying that topic a lot.

Thanks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you feel you have the time, and can improve on the UMS then go for it. I wouldn't choose to resit at that grade, but each to their own. If you enjoy it even better! (its more I had a few A2's in January, and i found the A2 year a lot tougher than AS, so was very glad i didn't resit)

I think wait till you get your January A2 module results (if you do them) and calculate if you really need to resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    If you feel you have the time, and can improve on the UMS then go for it. I wouldn't choose to resit at that grade, but each to their own. If you enjoy it even better! (its more I had a few A2's in January, and i found the A2 year a lot tougher than AS, so was very glad i didn't resit)

I think wait till you get your January A2 module results (if you do them) and calculate if you really need to resit.
    I don't do a january exam but thanks, it is probably best to wait untill the summer to see if I need to resit depending upon how well I do in my resit of the exam I got a E in, which I will take in january

ReputationRep:
    I'm resiting 7 modules, (c1-c4, m1,s1 and unit 3 economics)

Didn't revise hard enough for them...resulting to crappy marks.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do 11 resists in January, i always try to think optimistically, but knowing your limits and when your pushing it too far is a strength not a sign of weakness .

You didn't perform so well on the first time and although you now understand why you underachieved, you still doubt yourself. Having doubt is a bad sign in my view and on top of that you have an A2 to do.

If this distraction was the only cause of you underachievement and you are normally a very hard worker, then maybe 11 resist is capable, just. If so, i advice you is to begin this month at least.

Otherwise don't risk it.

I am doing 4 AS resists and 3 A2 exams in january and i thought i was pushing it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you're hoping to get AAA, then taking General Studies doesn't seem worth it. It'll only distract you from important exams.

ReputationRep:
    why r u doing an AS in general studies?

i heard some uni's dont even accept it

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.