9.86%
    What?
    1.41%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The furry ones are quite scary...

ReputationRep:
    my girlfriend wears them for work. they have become a uniform option for nhs staff like nurses and health care assistants. light, comfortable, colours to match uniforms, waterproof (important for when patients are showered and cleaned etc) and durable. better than wearing traditional shoes.

ReputationRep:
    they are VILE and what is with the hideous colours they come in? i don't care how comfy they are

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand them! Would never buy a pair.
    I also hate the gladiator style shoes :p:

ReputationRep:
    They're light on your feet, and aren't plastic, they're resin so don't make your feet hot.
    Anyway, that beside, I bought a pair last summer and have hardly worn them. Handy for if I'm sitting in the garden or going camping or whatnot, but I've never actually worn them out. I prefer my Birkenstocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Has anyone here been eaten by a crocodile in the past?
    Yep, that would be me.

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't heard about them at all 'til last week, when my mother told me that my daft Home Counties 30-odd year old sister bought a pair. We discussed how they were ridiculous, but I didn't realise they were a 'fad' as such.

I can't say I've seen anyone wearing them. Then again, I tend to either go out in the country or to places were, hopefully, people would be thrown out for wearing **** like that. I also don't tend to particularly look at people's feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)

Cruggs.

lmao!

and crocs are nasty, i can't imagine an outfit on anyone over 12 that they would match

ReputationRep:
    Never seen them before thank God, the reasons on that site are horrendous.

'Water and sand pass easily through vents (so go ahead cross that river)'

Yeah because I often walk through rivers, sacrificing any form of fashion sense so that sand can easily pass through them, moron.

ReputationRep:
    Hideousssss.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are hideous!

ReputationRep:
    how the hell are they waterproof, there are bloody holes in them!

ReputationRep:
    not all have holes in

ReputationRep:
    I hate them. I thought they were slowly disappearing but I saw someone wearing pink ones today... I can imagine at college lots of people will be wearing them too. Ugh.

Do people wear socks with them? Someone was today and I thought of the whole socks/sandals thing... or is that how people always wear them?

ReputationRep:
    I work at a childrens playground place, and you get whole families turning up in them, Mum, Dad, and both kids, all in different colours. They are always early 40's, with young kids and drive a new 4x4. The kids are often called Freyer and Finlay. Fact.

No, they're horrible. I could understand them being a replacement for flipflops or something for wearing to the beach/going to the shower, but they're the same price as normal shoes so people insist on wearing them as such.

ReputationRep:
    I hate them with a passion, I don't think I've ever felt so passionate about a fashion, they're just hideous

ReputationRep:
    i really, really seriously HATE these things.

and, if they weren't bad enough as they were, all bright and rubbery and orthopedic-looking, they now have sheep fluff shoved inside them? :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    i have some red ones and i like them
    granted they were a gift, i still wear them often, indoors and out.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, i just saw a facebook group bout this, CROCS SUCK

ReputationRep:
    They're horrible :dong: I don't even know what the craze was about them and is :s: I always think they look like some form of moulded foam:p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.