Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_emd11)
    When I go on the RHUL portal and look in the accommodation invoice tab - it says that it is not possible to view this unless you have signed something or other?? I have accepted my accommodation offer but havent signed anything? Has anyone else?
    yeah mine says the same. i'm assuming we sign it when we get there.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly happens when we arrive on campus - do we have to take our luggage to our rooms ourselves by hand or do they give you some kind of a trolley thing to put everything on?

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure you take everything yourself by hand!!

ReputationRep:
    Aha, some definite answers. I just received this email, so presumably all of you have too, but here's the full text in case some of you need it (note - I'm in Kingswood; I can't say whether any of this will be different for other residences):

Dear Students,

As Kingswood is 15-20 minutes (on foot) from the main campus and Egham, you may find a bicycle or motorcycle useful. Car parking is available. There is however a free minibus service to and from the main campus during weekdays and weekends. The Student Union operates a free minibus service during evenings and in connection with social functions held on the main campus. You are asked to arrive on Saturday 22nd September 2007 by 4.30pm at the latest. Keys should be collected from 10.00am onwards from Kingswood Reception). Please note that unless you have made a prior arrangement with the Student Housing Bureau, failure to collect your room key by 5.00pm, Tuesday 25th September 2007 will result in your room being reallocated to another student.

Information for enrolment of new students is available from: http://www.rhul.ac.uk/registry/enrolment/ .

In order to ease congestion and ensure the smooth operation for dropping off luggage, it is advisable that if you live within a 50-mile radius of the college you should arrive in the morning. If you live over 50 miles away then it is advisable to arrive after lunch.

There will be a Welcoming Reception with the Warden and his Team and the Hall Management followed by a free Buffet Meal on Saturday 22nd September 2007. You should check you’re Entrance Ticket (enclosed in your welcome pack at Kingswood Reception on 22nd September) for times of these two functions. In addition to normal office hours the Student Housing Bureau will be providing an extra service on the 22nd and 23rd September 2007 between 10:00 am -16:00pm. Our Office is located in the Student Administration Centre at Crosslands Bungalow. If you have any questions or concerns about your room you should contact Kingswood Reception at Kingswood Hall, Royal Holloway, University of London, Coopers Hill Lane, Englefield Green, Egham, Surrey, TW20 OLG. Telephone Number (01784-435331).

Please note that in case you have not accepted your contract for the accommodation offer online, some of the facilities in your hall will not be available to use on your arrival and you will not be able to move in your room: http://www.rhul.ac.uk/Registry/sac/s...tepbystep.html

Best Regards
    Student Housing Bureau

Student Administration Centre
    Royal Holloway, University of London,
    Egham Hill, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK
    Tel:+44(0)1784 443338 Fax:+44(0)1784 276164

Please use the following URL to provide feedback on Registry services:

http://survey.rhul.ac.uk/Survey/survey.asp?ID=17

To check your accommodation status please go to:

http://portal.rhul.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truecolours)
    What exactly happens when we arrive on campus - do we have to take our luggage to our rooms ourselves by hand or do they give you some kind of a trolley thing to put everything on?
    No trolleys, you just have to lug everything up. Although in my first year me and my Dad nicked a trolley from Founders East and took it across to Founders West and loaded everything up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume that e-mail quoted above applies to evverywhere, as I got exactly the same one about Wedderburn today . I'm also a bit worried about lugging all my stuff to my room, luckily I'm only on the 2nd floor, but I've got so much I'm not sure it's going to fit in the car. I've probably got far too much!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've got pretty much the same thing for tuke!

ReputationRep:
    i'm on the FOURTH floor :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamtarts)
    So am I... should be okay taking my bags up but my suitcase may be a bit of a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamtarts)
    i Think all halls have lifts... i saw some in founders when i went on open day. And i remmeber seeing some in pics of wedderburn...

ReputationRep:
    Founders have a lift on each side, but I expect they'll be busy. The newer halls have lifts, but I don't think runnymede, reid or kingswood 2 do. However, there will be lots of blue-shirted people (I'll be one of them) running around trying to help people so I'd try and snag one or two if I were you

ReputationRep:
    Lifting your luggage up all those stairs will build muscle and character *coughs*

ReputationRep:
    Or alternatively, you get your Dad and siblings to lug it all up the stairs while you make your room look pretty. That's what I did! :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.