Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by eventhorizon)
    Now forgive me if I'm wrong here, but is the first term of an arithmetic series not a already? Thus making the first term of the series in terms of a...is just a.
    To save you and others wasting time, I should point out he's been banned.

Though of course you're right and this has been pointed out several times before every time he's posted the same paper in the last 9 months.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    To save you and others wasting time, I should point out he's been banned.

Though of course you're right and this has been pointed out several times before every time he's posted the same paper in the last 9 months.
    Oh haha, thanks for the update, I was beginning to suspect he went into hiding for the shame...

Does make me laugh though. Good times

ReputationRep:
    What exactly resulted in him getting banned?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Square)
    What exactly resulted in him getting banned?
    He's permanently banned on another account, and just keeps making more and coming back every couple of months thinking we'll have forgotten about him.

ReputationRep:
    Which exam syllabus?
    Too many posters write as if it's self evident that there is no other exam syllabus besides Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    The paper he wrote was in the style of an edexcel paper so I assumed that he was following the edexcel syllabus.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nollaig)
    Which exam syllabus?
    Too many posters write as if it's self evident that there is no other exam syllabus besides Edexcel.
    Well, Edexcel is by far the most common, and it was written in the style of one, so...?

ReputationRep:
    Well, Edexcel is by far the most common, and it was written in the style of one, so...?
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    AQA is the biggest exam board in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    But it's not the most popular for every subject. It can't be the most popular for those subjects that it doesn't provide.

ReputationRep:
    has this guy even replied to any of you about this i mean it looks like hes gone hehe
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by qwerty3)
    has this guy even replied to any of you about this i mean it looks like hes gone hehe
    He's banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    He's banned.
    Why does he even write these papers? I mean is he trying to start a business or summat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dharma)
    Why does he even write these papers? I mean is he trying to start a business or summat?
    I might have this confused with someone else, but I believe he wants to make a book of past papers etc and distribute them for free to schools/libraries where papers would otherwise be unavailable. Why he would want to do that for no money...I don't know
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by coffeym)
    I might have this confused with someone else, but I believe he wants to make a book of past papers etc and distribute them for free to schools/libraries where papers would otherwise be unavailable. Why he would want to do that for no money...I don't know
    That's the guy. He refused to contribute to the TSR wiki but wanted to make sure everyone had free past papers and was prepared to pay for them to get done and published. He went round asking people for their msn addresses and then offering them payment to draw him graphs and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    That's strange....

Oh, well.

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't every one just use AQA they have past papers on their website...

Other exam boards should follow. I doubt they make that much money out of past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas795135)
    Why doesn't every one just use AQA they have past papers on their website...

Other exam boards should follow. I doubt they make that much money out of past papers.
    You could just buy past papers from Edexcel for example, it's not as if they're never going to be available to you. I personally used CCEA (being Northern Irish), who also follow the policy of not putting papers online. I think the decision should be down to which specification your teachers prefer to teach to

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.