Turn on thread page Beta

This is the society that will be doing the weekend show. http://www.wuds.co.uk/

I know they are doing it again as I have had emails about it.

If you sign up to thier email thingy at the freshers fair you will get all the info needed and hope to meet you during the crazy weekend show experience if you decide to do it.

ReputationRep:
    oooh thanks a lot...It definitely sounds more like what I was after - I've changed my list

ReputationRep:
    I know for sure I shall be joining the horsey riding crew. Lol. And probably warwick pride. Probably ought to join a language one or two as well, and may turn up to craft sometimes :p:

ReputationRep:
    Diving
    Climbing
    Kayaking
    Music of some description
    Ultimate Flying Disc??

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a couple of sport ones, and maybe some geeky/PC-related ones too... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GordonP)
    Music of some description
    Ultimate Flying Disc??
    1. Join the Boar music team and do CD/gig reviews. Last years ed's were awesome, so its a shame to lose them, but apparently Sarah is sticking around for a while yet which is good. Its a good team, full of pretentious music critics who just love it!

2. Ultimate Frisbee - JOIN THE BEARS!! Woo! I'll probably be hanging around the desk at the socities fair, as my mate Adam is PR & Communications Officer for this years exec, so he's in charge of it. He's short. Call him Wee-man, and say "Carp, carp!" to him, he'll love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll cry if theres no Pro Evo Society

Ultimate Frisbee is the most amazing sport ever, everyone should join!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dennis DCFC)
    I'll cry if theres no Pro Evo Society

we can always create one :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dennis DCFC)
    Yes, yes it is.

i'd rep you, but...

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of joining Warwick Snow and going on the Easter Tour because it's something I've never done before.

Also, the horse riding soc. which I didn't get round to joining last year. I haven't ridden properly ie. regularly for about 1 and a half years now, but I really want to take it up again!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone one know if there is a tennis soc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasinder)
    does anyone one know if there is a tennis soc
    Theres a tennis sports club. Its very big and has amazing socials so ive heard (whenever there has been a motorsport circle its normally ended up next to tennis). Im tempted to join this year myself, dont really play much, but its abit of fun and you cant argue with a killer social scene.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking:
    German Soc
    Italian Soc
    Welsh Soc
    Latin and Ballroom
    Aerobics
    Salsa
    Clublands

I cant wait to get back into my dancing again after having to stop during Alevels :-D

ReputationRep:
    Gliding... Warwick Gliding

ReputationRep:
    last year i did:
    5-A-Side Football
    Cricket
    Badminton
    Indian Soc
    Nordic Soc
    Econ Soc
    Banking & Fin Soc
    Careers Soc

Found 5-a-side excellent amongst the sports...although the kpmg league at the end of the year was tight with exams.

Careers skills soc was really helpful out of the "academic" sort of socs...it did some very useful things, helped massively with internships and preparing for the future.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone care if your not 1st team level football material? i mean, id like to be in there just for the laugh of emulating Roy Keane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    does anyone care if your not 1st team level football material? i mean, id like to be in there just for the laugh of emulating Roy Keane.
    Well not with the 5-a-side, certainly, that's all just a bit of fun over the course of the year. If you mean the actual university teams, there are trials at the start of the year for those anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinion)
    Well not with the 5-a-side, certainly, that's all just a bit of fun over the course of the year. If you mean the actual university teams, there are trials at the start of the year for those anyway.
    I was offered a place on 'The Wankels' 5 a side team, they didnt realise that despite my karting only being slightly substandard, my football is dire to put it mildly, as if my feet are backwards kind of thing :P. Declined despite it all being about a laugh.

Warning though some sports are quite hard to properly get into without some prior experience or ability. I think for things like football, tennis, hockey etc your covered whatever your ability. I played rollerhockey for just over a term, but once all the other total begginers had dropped out and I had to train and practice with the first team it really did lose its edge and I packed it in to do yet more karting lol.

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo desperately want to join the Boar this year, was so set on joining last year but was lazy!
    Do you actually have to join the team or can you write articles and just submit them?

Jasinder, yeah I've heard the tennis socials are quite good.

Most boys I know at warwick are in a random 5-a-side team, they jst do it for a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning to join any of the music societies? I mean things like Wind Orchestra or the piano soc more than stuff like Bandsoc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.