Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i was in a situation to this, it'd show she'd made a big effort (newish looking dress, general big effort made), and i'd be pissing myself inside, regarding the deliberate big efforts made to impress. So obvious in its intent, i'd turn a blind eye to it all, and appear indifferent, oblivious to her. Mind games and all! ; )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    I love this dress: http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/produ...ALL-DRESS/4480

It doesn't look as good on the picture as the real thing does though and it's £80, so probably too expensive. Having said that, there are 151 dresses on the Warehouse website so you'll probably find one to suit you there.
    I don't like that, but of course that's just me, and I'm not too clued up on dresses! I'm sure it would look nice if you had loooong slim legs. I like this, seems not too dressey but not too casual.

ReputationRep:
    since you mentioned you have dark skin, i think this dress wud really good http://www.asos.com/Paris-Hilton/Sat...61812&cid=2631 I have tanned/dark skin as well and always find that white really sets it off wonderfully. This dress wood look good with some chunky black jewellery and some sexy heels. If you wanna go for colour, i'd suggest this dress, http://www.asos.com/Paris-Hilton/Sat...61812&cid=2631 in green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Haha, glad to help! It does look very nice on, on my friend anyway

The black topshop dress is the picture is the exact one I already posted!

Great minds and all that...
    haha i'm sorry..i didn't read the other posts, i was actually on the topshop site at the time so just C+Ped it..

also to the other user who said he'd be pissing himself inside, i agree.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, the topshop dress looks great so i think i might get that one. Does anyone have any slightly cheaper options as in £30 and under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark and Lovely)
    I really want this dress...will look into it when i have a spare £36
    i have that dress but in bright green - it's a really lovely fit! just make sure you have a strapless bra that has a low bit where the cups join together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    if i was in a situation to this, it'd show she'd made a big effort (newish looking dress, general big effort made), and i'd be pissing myself inside, regarding the deliberate big efforts made to impress. So obvious in its intent, i'd turn a blind eye to it all, and appear indifferent, oblivious to her. Mind games and all! ; )
    What's with guys assuming everything's done for them? :p: She said it's her birthday and she's going for drinks with her friends. Lots of people buy a new dress to make themselves feel special on their bday night out. It just so happens she can combine that with making her ex feel like he's missing out.

ReputationRep:
    I know you wanna look great, but if I were you I wouldn't go for a dress. Most of the ones that have been posted are lovely, but really dressy. You say you're only going for drinks, and unless you're going to somewhere really smart, you're probably gonna look overdressed and your ex will notice. I'd go for something still sexy, but more casual like jeans dressed up with a nice top or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepheh)
    i have that dress but in bright green - it's a really lovely fit! just make sure you have a strapless bra that has a low bit where the cups join together!
    Ooh i'd prefer it in green...when did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    xf x makes a good point as do some others in this thread. You don't want to look like you've made an effort to spite him.

But more importantly - he dumped you and he's not worth the effort. If you put effort into this that means you are still thinking about him and are still not over him. Is that the impression you want to give him?! Try and combat that feeling, although I know it's hard!
    Looking sexy will still help though because it will give you confidence to be around the guy who ditched you and make you feel special.

I'm afraid I haven't got a particular outfit in mind, but what about some black skinny jeans with patent red heels and this top (or similar):
    http://www.vivienofholloway.com//ind...mart&Itemid=29

show that you are confident and bold without him and hopefully you will then feel that way too and forget about him!
    *hugs* because I know it's not easy

ReputationRep:
    Ooh i'd prefer it in green...when did you get it?
    topshop - it's no longer on the website but they still have it instore - it comes in a range of different colours too - the bright yellow one is gorgeous..

ReputationRep:
    topshop - it's no longer on the website but they still have it instore - it comes in a range of different colours too - the bright yellow one is gorgeous..
    oooh..they don't have it in my crappy store...maybe oxford street, but cnt go there for 2 weeks hmm ...cnt really see myself wearing yellow out in town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilliBilli)
    http://www.oli.co.uk/Web/main/produc...7CP%5FSize%7C0
    Short Black Backless Dress (I haven't seen what Duff's wearing though)

Also think these are quite nice and sexy (especially the first):
    that first one is hideous

ReputationRep:
    oooh..they don't have it in my crappy store...maybe oxford street, but cnt go there for 2 weeks hmm ...cnt really see myself wearing yellow out in town.
    try ebaying it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    that first one is hideous
    i hate it too

ReputationRep:
    try ebaying it?
    sadly its not on there! i'll track it down if it's meant to be lol

ReputationRep:
    i hate it too
    I saw my boyfriend's ex wearing a dress very similar to that and she looked absolutely stunning in it. It's probably one of those dresses that looks better in person.
    The high neckline makes your chest look bigger while at the same time make you look properly clothed. It was cut to hug her waist and short to emphasise her legs (but that was ok because it didn't reveal any chest skin). And then the back line that was very low just made it so sexy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxygenbubbles)
    What's with guys assuming everything's done for them? :p: She said it's her birthday and she's going for drinks with her friends. Lots of people buy a new dress to make themselves feel special on their bday night out. It just so happens she can combine that with making her ex feel like he's missing out.
    Hmm...er...OK! That's fair enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    seriously i know the guy and hes not that complex, oh yeah update and all and fungirl1234 will kill me for it but basically he begged her to get back with her 4 weeks later, and she refused him . she had a killer outfit basically and he was drooling all night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcmam)
    seriously i know the guy and hes not that complex, oh yeah update and all and fungirl1234 will kill me for it but basically he begged her to get back with her 4 weeks later, and she refused him . she had a killer outfit basically and he was drooling all night
    thanks for sharing, it means so much to me.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.