Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I see draws all round to be honest. I can see RoI scraping a 1-1 draw at best, Scotland digging in for a 0-0 with Wales and NI having a 0-0 each.

ReputationRep:
    Wales are already winning 3-1 at half time, so there goes that prediction

ReputationRep:
    The Scots are 1-0 up (latest)
    England 2-0 up (latest)
    N.Ireland have lost 2-1.
    The Republic lost 1-0.
    And Wales beat Slovakia 5-2!!!

I'd say Ireland have blown their chance of qualification now. And Northern Ireland will be hard pushed to make it now.

As for Scotland and England: Game On!

ReputationRep:
    Wow Scotland beat France. I'm very surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Scarlet)
    Wow Scotland beat France. I'm very surprised.
    Im not that surprised tbh.

I mean they beat them last time they played last year, i was quite hoping they would again.

Not because i want the scots to win, because i want the french to loose.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Scotland!

They are clearly miles better than England, if they finish top of their group I'm gonna put £50 on them to win the tournament

I'm an England fan btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Yep looks like we're out now.
    Was all going so well until Lawrie Sanchez left. Who's decision baffled me to be honest, he had the chance to be a legend here yet left for a team lucky to survive in the premiership in recent years.
    Northern Ireland don't suit Worthy's style of play. He tries to play a passing game which doesn't work with the limited players he's got, Lawrie's up and at them physical & direct nature far suited the players and made life much more uncomfortable for the opposition. It's not like that anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I'm amused by the skepticism on here but I have to admit I wasn't holding out much hope for Scotland either. Brilliant result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Whats your opinion on Lawries decision...does it baffle you to? I mean I know he left a small country to manage in the premiership, but I can't help but feel he would have got a better reputation if he kept up his work with us and that he should have got us to the euro's before leaving.
    Yeah it's always been strange to me, he left for a much tougher job than he has here. Fulham aren't exactly a glamorous club by any stretch and really are only in the premiership because of Fayed's money.

I thought he shared are dream of qualifying one day, sounded very upbeat before the quals began, but it shows you how desperate Lawrie is to manage in England at club level if decides to give it all up just like that, obviously used Northern Ireland as a stepping stone, to further his career, which is bit sad really. But there you go nothing you can do about it now, hopefully in time Northern Ireland can acustomize to Worthy's style of play and begin to pick up results for the WC qualifiers.

ReputationRep:
    Watched bits of the scotland game. Excellent performance by them. Sensational result and to be top of the group at this stage is a fantastic achievment. But still a lot of work to be done, they couldve done with Ukraine getting a draw from italy

ReputationRep:
    Good on Scotland. It would improve our chances with Italy/France going out and Portugal somewhat struggling

ReputationRep:
    Wales - we actually won :eek: Not that it makes any difference

ReputationRep:
    Mcfadden does it for Scotland again. Thought they'd get a draw at most. Fantastic result.

ReputationRep:
    got back yesterday from Paris, AWESOME. the prematch march, followed by watching the best team in the world.................... against france. Stunning.

Mcfadden for first minister

ReputationRep:
    Oh you lucky thing! I wish I could have gone to Paris, I love going abroad to Scotland games. (fingers crossed for a holiday to Switzerland and Austria next year )

ReputationRep:
    already booked up with my mates. we got tickets from the uefa website, if scotland qualify we get all the games, if not we get refund minus admin fee.

only prob is i will loose my ssc travel points by going thru uefa. muh

ReputationRep:
    New fifa rankings today
    England 9th
    Scotland 14th
    N. Ireland 36th
    Wales 53rd

awesome rise for Scotland. Shame N. IReland dropped off the pace tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Scarlet)
    I do realise the Rep. of Ireland arent a home nation but included them anyway.
    what exactly do you mean by this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_nolo)
    what exactly do you mean by this?
    Well isn't 'home nations' interpreted as the constituent parts of the UK? Or am I missing something...

ReputationRep:
    The OP could have saved a lot of hassle and use British Isles instead. I've often disputed whether Ireland is a home nation and once stated that they're just as a foreign as France but one of my Scottish buddies on here told me differently. :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.