Turn on thread page Beta

girls and ponytails? watch

• View Poll Results: How many times do you retie/day?
    19.64%
    19.64%
    19.64%
    7.14%
    12.50%
    16.07%
    3.57%
    0%
    0%
    1.79%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    15+
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say that while it might be for your benefit, it's equally maybe not. It's one of those things I do without thinking, so you really can't draw any conclusions from it.

as said, If I redo it, it's usually at the end of what I'm doing. If I'm at work or listening to a lecture, I won't fix my hair halfway though unless it's about to collapse into a hideous mess. So her doing it at the end of the lecture is probably just, well, cos it's over.

As the above posted says, that she's about to go out in public and not be stuck in a lecture theatre may be another big thing!

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take you to redo your pony tail? Less than 2 seconds all up? I've seen girls do it without me hardly noticing that they did it. However she dosen't redo it immediately but waits a while, at least 5 seconds before redoing. So there could be some purpose in just letting me see her hair down.

ReputationRep:
    time it takes just depends on wether u get it right or not....different hair takes different times to tie up.

u no wat i dont mean it in a bad way, but i really do think ur looking in to this a bit to much

ReputationRep:
    erm.... i probably retie mine 2- 3 times a day.
    usually because it's messy, but sometimes just cos i'm bored.
    mines kind of short so bits fall out so it needs tying up quite often to stay looking ok.

ReputationRep:
    wow someone has a "pony tail fetish" haha.

(Original post by ILEW)
    I am a guy and have a question for girls who have had a ponytail. How often do you need to redo or retie your ponytail in a day?
    one or two times if I'm out, but I'm I'm just sitting around at home or whatever I do it more so.
    Is the answer different for long and short ponytails?
    well if you have really short hair you'd have to do it more so because it's come out alot more.
    If you do what is the reason for redoing it?
    uncomfortable, boredom, trying out new looks, a piece has fallen down, have taken it out, etc.
    Would you retie to catch a guy's attention?
    yeah possibly

Also do you consider you are more beautiful with the hair down so without a ponytail?
    It depends, my hair has to be styled for me to wear it down. if so then yes.
    And so have a ponytail for practical convienence?
    It can be used for that, eg. I tie my hair back when cooking, brushing my teeth, etc.

If you want anymore info, I'll send you a clip of me putting up my hair :p:

ReputationRep:
    i usually have my hair up in a pony tail when i'm studying because it gets annoying if it keeps falling around my shoulders....i have to keep retying it because i don't like tying it too hard so my hairband loosens quickly...

to op: randome question! lol (or was there an intersting reason behind it?)

ReputationRep:
    oh yeha actually i put '1'
    but there could be a case where its much more if I deicded to wear my hair down for once but then had to do something whichre quired my hair to beup
    but im guessing u meant if its already up in a ponytal, then i wouldn't rely retie it much at all

However if i straighteneed my hair i might for that *my hair is shiny an smooth for once* feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    i usually have my hair up in a pony tail when i'm studying because it gets annoying if it keeps falling around my shoulders....i have to keep retying it because i don't like tying it too hard so my hairband loosens quickly...

to op: randome question! lol (or was there an intersting reason behind it?)
    he has already mentioned this......read back a few posts. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy x)
    he has already mentioned this......read back a few posts. x
    :rolleyes: oh thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't have my hair up very often, but when I do I make sure it's immaculate in the morning. Then I spray it to hold, so I never retie.
    I do think I look better with it down though, it just depends if I can be bothered to straighten it.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it takes me a while cos I have to fix a few bits.

Seriously. Reading way too much into this. Girls don't like that. Just so you know.

ReputationRep:
    down allytime

ReputationRep:
    when mine up it generally has to be redone about 3 time a day or it just falls out. when im at taekwondo and moving about about 5 times in a hour as it actually just falls out of the pony tail and gets in my face

ReputationRep:
    I wear a pony tail as my hair is pretty long and it keeps it out of the way, although I usually have my hair in a messy bun. I usually re-tie it about 2 or 3 times a day and I usually have to straighten my hair before I tie it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    I look better with my hair down if it is straightened. But I usually have my hair up as I don't straighten it that often. I retie my hair quite a lot! Sometimes just when I'm bored.

Why do you ask? :p:
    Ditto for me! I just can never be bothered to straighten my hair cause it takes ages as it's so thick! If my ponytail feels loose or hair is falling out then I retie it which can be quite a lot cause I have short front bits (grown out fringe) which get in my face and annoy me lol.

ReputationRep:
    I usually re-do it 3-4 times if if starts to look messy or fall out:p:

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the hair tie I use generally.
    I never usually have my hair tied up all day though as it leaves a kink in my hair
    Probably 5 or 6 times, more if im bored.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...I'd never actually thought about how often I re-tie my band before this.
    Groovy.
    You could always write your phone number down on a piece of paper, make it into a tiny paper aeroplane and quickly skim it into her ponytail as she re-ties it.

ReputationRep:
    I retie my ponytail maybe once or twice in a day, when it gets loose or messy. I tend to tie my hair back either for work, when I'm studying hard (:p:) or if it's second day hair, in which case it's kinda greasy and looks gross down lol!

And yeah, I think I look nicer when it's down

And why don't you talk to her, if you think she's flirting? Just go for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    I mostly wea my hair in a ponytail cos its huge and curly and frizzy, so if it's down it just looks a mess and gets in my way.

i use about a million hair grips so i dont retie it, but if im just dossing at home i'll retie it a few times cos the shorter bits start falling out of the ponytail.

maybe she has had layers recenty so has to keep tying them back in?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.