The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
whatever, guess what, I am going to hack one of my friends email accounts and post to their uni that they want to change their course, muhaha.
padma
whatever, guess what, I am going to hack one of my friends email accounts and post to their uni that they want to change their course, muhaha.

You use the term 'friend' quite loosely, don't you. Moron.
Reply 22
it was a joke, listen i respect my friends joanne. All I was saying was I am depressed as all of them are going to unis but I ain't. I am trying my best to get in via clearing but sunderland are taking up a lot of my time.
padma
it was a joke, listen i respect my friends joanne. All I was saying was I am depressed as all of them are going to unis but I ain't. I am trying my best to get in via clearing but sunderland are taking up a lot of my time.

It's Joanna, not Joanne.

That's fair enough. I'd be pissed off as well. What people will object to is that you're being so down on your friends' choices. I would have been happy to help you and make suggestions, if you'd just asked that, rtaher than sidelining about your friends.
Padma, university shouldn't be about going to a great university purely for its name - it should be about whether think you will gain the skills you want from it and enjoying your time at that institution. Theoretically, you can go to any university and get a first regardless of its reputation and standing. It's all about what you make of it while you're there and the way things stand at the moment it seems as if you'll never really be happy. You need to realise that things are where they are and you need to adapt to that!

If you get rid of the chip on your shoulder you can go to any university and you can get a very good degree and have a fantastic time. All that matters is that you go there, get a first or whatever you're expecting, have a good time and thats that. But I'm telling you as an almost concrete fact; if you don't get rid of this chip you have then you'll ultimately hate the university and you'll **** up. Tell yourself you're not going to let that happen to you.
Reply 25
Joanna May
It's Joanna, not Joanne.

That's fair enough. I'd be pissed off as well. What people will object to is that you're being so down on your friends' choices. I would have been happy to help you and make suggestions, if you'd just asked that, rtaher than sidelining about your friends.

sorry Joanna, yer its just my friends did no work all year honestly. I have applied to sunderland via clearing for pharmacy and yet no decision still:frown:. What you think I should do, worried about accomodation too.
padma
sorry Joanna, yer its just my friends did no work all year honestly. I have applied to sunderland via clearing for pharmacy and yet no decision still:frown:. What you think I should do, worried about accomodation too.

I'd keep ringing them every day until they give you a firm answer. Either that, or start ringing the other unis as well, and maybe talking to your school or college about resitting or reapplying next year.

As for accommodation, I don't think you'll get into halls now. Most universities run some sort of accommodation day though, where you can meet other people in the same position, and rent privately with them. If Sunderland are keeping you hanging like this, then there's probably a lot of other people in your position.
Reply 27
I mean I have never even been to sunderland and I am getting tired of how long they are taking.
Reply 28
what courses are all your friends studying?

and what do you mean by is chemistry a good degree?
of course it bloody well is - jesus christ.
But only if you go to a good uni for it.
Reply 29
padma
I wasnt saying I was better than them darling, i was saying I got better grades than them dear. So shut it please. Other people have provided me with good information so either do the same or don't reply. thanks.

Just ignore here mate and listen to what you want to listen to .. Forums give a voice to people who would never have had a voice and it gives them attention so just dont bite and they normally go away :biggrin:
Why are you comparing yourself to other people anyway? Does it matter?
Reply 31
To Padma: Chemistry is not a **** degree, Pharmacy has a lot of Chemistry in, so I i presume you like chemistry if you want to do Pharmacy - have you looked at Nottigham/Manchester for Chemistry? I looked on results day and they had places I think.
Reply 32
na I didnt mean that I mean, if you do a chemistry degree by itself what jobs can you actually get. Also I cant become a pharmcist with achem degree.
padma
I mean I have never even been to sunderland and I am getting tired of how long they are taking.

I would be too. Personally, I'd withdraw from them (or just stop ringing, whichever applies when you go through clearing) and resit my exams at college. That's what I plan to do if everything goes a bit crap. It'd be an unplanned gap year, but you could make it worth more than a year at a university you didn't want to go to originally. If you resit and reapply next year, then you could maybe get the grades for your original choices, rather than one from clearing.
Reply 34
padma
na I didnt mean that I mean, if you do a chemistry degree by itself what jobs can you actually get. Also I cant become a pharmcist with achem degree.

Well, with a Pharmacy degree you can do some things that you can do with a Chemistry degree, it all depends on what you want to do career wise. You can work in a Pharmacy, a hospital or do research with a Pharmacy degree but if you wanted to do research into drugs or whatever or something like that it's far better to have a Chemistry degree
Reply 35
well firstly sunderland said I had a good chance when I spoke to the admissions office of the pharmacy course,she said I have 240 points and said a lot had 220 points so they put me above them (this was the second time I phoned them). On the same day they said this, I phoned them at around 5 to see if they had made a decision and they said I was on a waiting list (a man spoke to me this time).

After 5 days I phoned them again and they said a decision hadnt been made on me. I phoned them on thursday and they said they would phone me back (I was in india but had given them my number). They didnt phone and now I am back in UK.

What do people think, do they want me or not?
padma
they are doing **** degrees anyway. Don't tell me john moores is a good uni and salford etc, I will not accept tossers who did **** all work getting into unis and me not so if you dont want to help like the others then **** off.

Im surprised you have any friends at all.

Stop being such a stroppy bint and deal with it. Pull your head out of your backside, stop slagging people off. So you didnt get the University you wanted. That does not give you the right to denigrate your friends acheivements in a vain attempt to make yourself feel better.
Reply 37
yeah true, anyway what you make of my previous post.
Do you think you'll ever truly be happy at Sunderland? If not I would recommend taking another year at college. It isn't that bad you know - I had to do it due to my age, and it seemed daunting doing yet another year but it can pay off. And to be honest, I would want to prove to myself that I can if you get me? I wouldn't be happy going to a course which I think is below what I can achieve and I'd challenge myself to get into a top university.
padma
yeah true, anyway what you make of my previous post.

If you really want to do the course that you didn't get the grades for then surely re-sitting a year and getting in next year is no too big a price to pay. If you really don't want to do that then go to Bradford work your bits and bobs off to get 70% and get them to transfer you onto the course as they have said they will.

Latest

Trending

Trending