The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kidintheriot
Well an obvious difference would be all the smoke. :wink:

What does that have to do with amsterdam being a hole?
Reply 21
Good old frome. is that the cheese and grain in the background?
To the plebs that think Amsterdam cafes are the same as English one, to quote kidintheriot, "all the smoke" might just be a tiny part of its appeal to me :p:

And I've heard from many of my lucky friends that the 'Dam has many beautiful areas and is not a 'hole', but it depends on how you judge a place I guess.

h-rach, yeah that is the Cheese and Grain lol!
Reply 23
my dream is to get into government and criminalise everything I don't like.
mermania
my dream is to get into government and criminalise everything I don't like.

Please add chavs to your list :p:
tetrahydrocannabinol.
To the plebs that think Amsterdam cafes are the same as English one, to quote kidintheriot, "all the smoke" might just be a tiny part of its appeal to me :p:

And I've heard from many of my lucky friends that the 'Dam has many beautiful areas and is not a 'hole', but it depends on how you judge a place I guess.

h-rach, yeah that is the Cheese and Grain lol!

Wow, I bet their 10 minutes in the tourist region of Amsterdam really gave them a feel for the place and an idea about what it's like to live and work there! I know a lot of tourists come to London and probably love it but not many of them end up working in some wanky cafe off the beaten track that only builders come into and end up commuting back to newham where they get mugged at knifepoint every day. If your dream is to live and work in a busy, popular canalside cafe, live above it and cycle along cobbled streets you'll be disappointed.

I never said the cafes of Amsterdam and London are similar, that's your misunderstanding.
SixMinuteMile
Wow, I bet their 10 minutes in the tourist region of Amsterdam really gave them a feel for the place and an idea about what it's like to live and work there! I know a lot of tourists come to London and probably love it but not many of them end up working in some wanky cafe off the beaten track that only builders come into and end up commuting back to newham where they get mugged at knifepoint every day. If your dream is to live and work in a busy, popular canalside cafe, live above it and cycle along cobbled streets you'll be disappointed.

I never said the cafes of Amsterdam and London are similar, that's your misunderstanding.

Yes, my friend who spent his gap year there only spent 10 minutes there :rolleyes:

I'm not deluded, I work in a cafe at the moment anyway and would rather do that job in a nicer place. This isn't some debate where people can say what their aspirations are and have them picked apart by people, it's simply one of my goals in life. If you had nothing useful to post on the thread then why did you bother?
tetrahydrocannabinol.
Yes, my friend who spent his gap year there only spent 10 minutes there :rolleyes:

I'm not deluded, I work in a cafe at the moment anyway and would rather do that job in a nicer place. This isn't some debate where people can say what their aspirations are and have them picked apart by people, it's simply one of my goals in life. If you had nothing useful to post on the thread then why did you bother?

I was questioning your defence of a place you have no experience of, which is useful in terms of pointing out the stupidity in that for the readers of this thread and defending the person you used a :rolleyes: smiley, which is particularly patronising in view of the term you used it it. Now i've succesfully done that, i'm finished with this thread. Bye!
did u wanted to work there so u have plently of money for hoes?
i would say thats a brillient experience hahahaham, my brother went there on a stag do but he said most of the ladies look yucky!

im only joking, enjoy ur expirence dude.

joinning the police would be my dream come true, to get a job that i enjoy with good pay is what i want in life, ur turn to moc me hehe
SixMinuteMile
I was questioning your defence of a place you have no experience of, which is useful in terms of pointing out the stupidity in that for the readers of this thread and defending the person you used a :rolleyes: smiley, which is particularly patronising in view of the term you used it it. Now i've succesfully done that, i'm finished with this thread. Bye!

:hmmmm2: That didn't make much sense. Meh, bye! :wavey:

Lol, jimbo, I'm a girl so won't be trying out that aspect of Amsterdam :p:
And the Police thing is quite admirable really, I have a lot of respect for the Police (probably because my parents were both in the Police :redface: ) but yeah, it's a good job to do so go for it!
Reply 30
blackswan
To screw an English bloke in England preferably.:p:

Someone that shares your interest in 'pain', I'd presume.

(You aren't English/domiciled in England?)
Reply 31
SixMinuteMile

Well done; though I do hope that you remembered to wipe, afterwards.
tetrahydrocannabinol.

I've been dreaming of going to Amsterdam and getting a job in a small cafe

That’s mine too, but perhaps not a dream... but more of a plan. If I can next summer I want to move abroad between uni terms, get a job and an apartment or something. My dad just moved to the Isle of Man, which is so so boring and I do not intend on spending next summer here.

I'm maybe thinking of Utrecht instead though, I went to Amsterdam this summer and I had an awesome time but it might be a bit too touristy to live there. But maybe that’s just because I didn't have enough time to explore the outskirts much.
Adapt a book called ******* into a screenplay and direct it. This is actually a childhood dream, and one I'll make happen - it's just a matter of time :smile:
Reply 34
To travel down the amazon river :smile:
Reply 35
To travel through America, landing in New York, and making my way through to Seattle on the other side in Washington, then to Los Angeles in California, across again to Miami in Florida, then back up to New York and going home.

Would take a lot of money and a lot of time so it'll probably never happen.
2 things ive dreamed of ever since I was little, was getting a dog of my own and obtaining my driving licence.
Had either of those never happened in my lifetime, Id have been gutted.
Thankfully after years of nagging my parents I was allowed to get a dog and I got my driving licence almost 2 years ago :biggrin:

The only real things I dream of now are owning my own home being financially comfortable and having a job that I love.
I expect as I get older my priorities and dreams will change but for now thats all id like really.
Many dreams but will never achieve them because something is always holding me back.
Reply 38
One do-able dream I have is to travel to New Zealand at some point. :smile:

One not-do-able dream I have is to knee Jeremy Paxman in the crotch and spit on him.

Oh well, swings and roundabouts! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Own a jaguar XJS in british racing green
shoot under 70 in a round of golf
write and record a whole album
see Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell, Jon Fishman or Mike Gorden live at a gig

Latest

Trending

Trending