18 Unis, Which have the best REPUTATION? Watch

paddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ragman_wonder)
Paddy - thank you for the info RE: city, UCL and Imperial. I hadnt realised the undergrad degree was unrelated to CASS! Or that UCL wouldnt be as management based as I thought.
No problem. So many people apply to City thinking they'll be studying at Cass without even bothering to find out that Cass degrees are purely postgraduate.
lyrical17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by paddy)
No problem. So many people apply to City thinking they'll be studying at Cass without even bothering to find out that Cass degrees are purely postgraduate.
this cant be true, because on the offical Cass Business School site, it clearly states "undergraduate courses"

link below
http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/undergrad/index.html
ILIGAN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Let me arrange the unis in your list according to ACADEMIC PRESTIGE, not exactly academic quality although they're quite synonymous.

Warwick - on a league of its own

Group I
Imperial College
City

Group II
Nottingham
Kings College London
Lancaster
Durham
Queens, Belfast
Strathclyde

Group 4
Aston
Loughborough
UCL
York

Group 5
Queen Mary
Stirling
Bangor
Napier
paddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lyrical17)
this cant be true, because on the offical Cass Business School site, it clearly states "undergraduate courses"

link below
http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/undergrad/index.html
Yes because clearly that means you'll get the same teaching staff as the postgrads do:rolleyes:
splee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It seems Warwick has the highest reputation.
Krush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For business/management, I believe Warwick has the best reputation out of the unis listed.
jkyng1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Warwick and Bath are the best.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys, do you realise how old the thread is? It's pointless going on about the reputation of the unis now.

Also, if the OP catches this and doesn't mind me asking, why don't you want to live in cities such as Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds etc. but Stockton is OK?

I know large cities aren't for everyone and I, for one, wouldn't chose to study in them. Newcastle being the exception, as it's quite compact, but you don't want to live in those major, student-orientated and exciting cities, but would consider Stockton?

I mean no disprespect to Stockton here, I'm of the belief that both Stockton and QC get undeserved criticisim. Just seemed a bit strange...
jbyrne1989
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm gonna have to go with Notts, not bias whatsoever. Largest freshers week in the country and the birth place of Robin hood. Brand spanking new business school too only 10 years old. What more could you want?
melodic-verse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
out of that list i'm picking Aston, Loughborough, Lancaster, and Strathclyde [and Keele] (As im looking into marketing this year)
Although the first two is the only ones i'm really looking at as you have to narrow it down to 2 universities after

Aston is very good- it'll be a fantastic place to get work experience and you get an industrial year. Very small one-sited campus
Loughborough- very good uni generally, my brother goes there and i really like the place and only about 20minutes away from nottingham. Quite a small place but that suits me.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jbyrne1989)
I'm gonna have to go with Notts, not bias whatsoever. Largest freshers week in the country and the birth place of Robin hood.
:nope: South Yorkshire. Possibly Loxley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stannington#Loxley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads