Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aristademis)
    Yeah, yeah. We get it. You like industrial. Some people just choose to groove with music that isn't 15 to 20 years old.
    What a stinging insult, I don't think the gripe is with people wanting to "grove" to modern music it is that there is so little variety. I reckon it would be good if we could see a wider variety of smaller scale evenings which people could pick and chose depending on taste and/or mood.

What music he may or may not like seems completely irrelevant? he is just not a huge fan of commercial R'n'B and therefore is not likely to go to an R'nB club night(a sentiment that i have much sympathy with)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy87)
    What a stinging insult, I don't think the gripe is with people wanting to "grove" to modern music it is that there is so little variety. I reckon it would be good if we could see a wider variety of smaller scale evenings which people could pick and chose depending on taste and/or mood.

What music he may or may not like seems completely irrelevant? he is just not a huge fan of commercial R'n'B and therefore is not likely to go to an R'nB club night(a sentiment that i have much sympathy with)
    Stinging insult? What happenned to you guys having a "stiff upper lip"? Are you all going to be so thin-skinned? I know the gingers can take it.

There's tons of clubs playing many different kinds of music. Granted, the QMSU are going to cater to the masses, because they don't have the resources to meet the desires of fringe or decades old genres. Hell, I like industrial (Skinny Puppy, Ministry, NIN, etc.), but I also like many other styles of music. If you pigeon-hole yourself into a clique or style, you're not going to go very far in life. Freshers Week isn't about people getting together to dance to Top 40, it's to meet fellow students at the school.

SkinnyPuppyBones, i apologize. To make it up to you, i'll take you to the Electric Ballroom and we can hit on all the industrial/goth kids. Don't expect me to stick around once they start playing Sisters of Mercy, though.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be going to all the events, but mainly just because if I do i'll be knackered and skint and not able to enjoy them. After being trawled around 'indie' night clubs with my friends for the last 3 years I'm kind of looking forward to a bit of good ol cheese. I'll probs be going to Campus Survival, Ice Breaker, The school disco, International Night, Comedy Night, The finale at Fabric, and a couple more. I don't fancy hail mary too much. Can anyone also tell me whether I can take a guest. Its due to crazy circumstances actually, my friends aunty aint too good, could be the last time she sees her, so shes down in london for a few days in freshers week. shes staying with me for a night or two (if thats ok) but ovbs if she can't come out I'll have to stay in too. Anyone shed light?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy87)
    Indeed, still theres nothing like a good moan along with a liberal dose of superiority

No, its just i was a bit miffed at the line up thats all...dunno really what i was expecting. The comedy night sounds ok though, i guess i'l just loiter around the various pubs in the area and see if i can scout out any decent indie nights.
    let me know if you find any. i concur entirely

ReputationRep:
    I Never Got A Freshers Pack =[

Somone PM It LOl.

ReputationRep:
    Guests can come to some events. It's on the bottom of each of the "posters".

ReputationRep:
    stfu jimmy

ReputationRep:
    lol. There's no need to be rude drhouse

ReputationRep:
    yeah i haven't received this freshers pack either..

anyone else still waiting for it? is the information available anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not recieved any pack. It's on the QMSU website though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aristademis)
    Christ. I'm teasing you. Get over yourself and stop being such a baby. How do you expect to make it through life without the occasional rib?
    Meh dont worry aristademis I just tend to get vicous quickly if i think ive been offended and after 9hours shifting boxes and 6 hours sleep I tend to become a little distanced from my usually cheerful self.

Looking back i probably just read your post and jumped to the worst possible conclusions, so maybe we could compromise: If your a little more delicate with your posts Ill agree not to post when im in a bad mood

Additionally I think RnB is possibly the only type of music I cant get into, but if I listened to Industrial all day Id probably be very depressed lol.

Now im back to normal, im sure you probably wernt trying to annoy me deliberately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinnyPuppyBones)
    Meh dont worry aristademis...
    Good, now that we have that settled, let's make plans to go to the Electric Ballroom or the Slimelight...assuming they still exist...it's been 11 years.

ReputationRep:
    hmm... I heard you guys get two free ministry of sound entrance tickets... you know it costs £20 to get in!? if anyone doesn't want them, I'll have them!

ReputationRep:
    The Ministry of Sound in London is big! Even if you don't like that kinda music or atmosphere you could still go for the sake of going and just get off your face. Anywhere can be a laugh when you're drunk. It's what you make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eskimo Melon)
    The Ministry of Sound in London is big! Even if you don't like that kinda music or atmosphere you could still go for the sake of going and just get off your face. Anywhere can be a laugh when you're drunk. It's what you make it!
    no no no! don't tell them that!! I want those tickets! :p:

it's rubbish. you'd hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph!)
    no no no! don't tell them that!! I want those tickets! :p:

it's rubbish. you'd hate it.
    lol you remind me of me lol, i'm sure you'll be able to get hold of some tickets. you not going queen mary then?

ReputationRep:
    What's going to be at the MOS? I'm not into the electronic/techno/dance music scene, so if that's all it's going to be, the tix will be yours.

ReputationRep:
    Free tickets? Nice one, shotgun!
    It's RnB, chart house and DnB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eskimo Melon)
    lol you remind me of me lol, i'm sure you'll be able to get hold of some tickets. you not going queen mary then?
    nope, UEA, I know ppl who are going to QM though and they were making me jealous when we were out last night! But I'VE got Zane Lowe! get in! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Free tickets? Nice one, shotgun!
    It's RnB, chart house and DnB
    If I have any tix, I'll give them to you. I'm more of a pub/lounge kind of guy. I'm too old for the disco stuff. I may break a hip.:eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.