The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well how about

Dear Professor Gardner

We all miss you greatly and would be very pleased to see you return to The Student Room.

Regards [...]
Sounds good, to the point and easily read.

Send that
OK, well if anyone who wants to can sign that ...
Reply 23
FinallyWoken
A cyberspace death methinks whilst the guy behind the smokescreen of the www. lives on.

A smiling ginger guy if google images are accurate.

I'd call that frowning. Perhaps embarrassment. Shock. Immense fear, even.

Certainly not smiling. :p:
Reply 24
Solemn Wanderer
Right - if someone drafts a letter from the denizens of the Law forum asking him to come back, I'll happily print it and post it to his college address.

That would be hilarious but you would have to act fast:wink:

Oxford uni website
John Gardner - will be on current leave from February 2008 to October 2008.
Reply 25
kirstinx
That would be hilarious but you would have to act fast:wink:

he will email him now instead provided that some TSRers sign his draft electronically.
Reply 26
Solemn Wanderer
Precisely. I'm going to need a minimum of 5 ...

including yourself? :p:
Reply 27
You can include me... I don't understand how I electronically sign something, so just stick my name down:tongue:
Reply 28
Have me, FinallyWoken

Keep us posted
Reply 29
Include me- bryan.
Reply 30
I think you should get Laura to send it. More chance of success that way. She doesn't have to be a signatory if she doesn't want to be; but it will mean more coming from her, I imagine.
Reply 31
OK - consider it done.
Looks like you need some more signatories anyway you lot :smile: Got the message Tory Boy!
I probably would have signed, yet i don't remember the 'famous professor'...Or perhaps he simply was before my time .... Either way I'd personally be a sycophantic hypocrite if I did do so...Hence my pious abstinence

Good Luck
Stealth-Mode
.... Either way I'd personally be a sycophantic hypocrite if I did do so...Hence my pious abstinence

Good Luck

A man of principles, hey? :wink:
Well I am afraid that I am more of a Cambridge girl these days anyway not that I am presently at the University.
Hull_Fan_Sid
A man of principles, hey? :wink:

every now and then.....
Solemn Wanderer
Based on past experience, I assure you I am certainly not a Gardner sycophant.

i don't doubt:smile: ...you definately have sharp claws when you need them
Hull_Fan_Sid
Well I am afraid that I am more of a Cambridge girl these days anyway not that I am presently at the University.

have you done some PG study there as well?!...blinkin' nora love- you sure get around ;p...

so your a full time academic now then? no longer interested in practice?
Reply 39
I've only been back 2 minutes... When did he leave?

Your petition amuses me enormously :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending