Can't believe Madeleine's been missing for 262 days Watch

qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
...it's happened with tens of thousands of other children throughout the years. Why do you find this particular one so upsetting and unbelievable?
EXACTLY. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I mean, it's definitely a sad story, and I can't imagine what the parents have gone through, but there are so many similar stories that have never been mentioned.

I'm so sick of this story now, can't they put on some real news?

By the way, anyone who reads the Telegraph, look at the front page of today's (Sunday's), and look at the picture of the supposed kidnapper. Bahaha.
*Lou*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Have you even thought this through? Hold on, I'll break it down for you:

1. DO blame the parents, they left their kids alone with no supervision. Thats called neglect.

2. Child goes missing, they inform the police (About the only right thing they did)

3. They then go on a massive publicity campaign which makes them look like they are running for president, signing autographs,having their photo taken, meeting celebs etc etc.

4. And heres the worst part, Think, what is the 'kidnapper' going to do when he/she sees all this publicity, sees the kid's photo on every shop window? Kill the kid and dump the body because its just not worth the effort.

Seriously, by taking this into their own hands and making this so public they have killed their own kid (Assuming they didnt in the frst place).
I 100% agree with you !!!

(wouldn't even be that surprising)
emerley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
to be honest, she is more than likely dead by now, and i agree with what was quoted above ^ about them making it worse. Although I do wonder if they might have done it themselves (accidentally or not...)
ikilledyoda
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the most upsetting part of the 262 days is that the time has gone by so quickly and that I am almost a year older so quickly. It seems like only yesterday I saw it on BBC.

On a more serious note, this is not a isolated incident. Many children are lost for several years or forever, she is at least lucky that people are trying to find her. It sickens me how some people get more than other people in the same situation just because of the media.
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She's no less important than any other child that goes missing just because of the coverage, but she's also not MORE important. As a few people have pointed out, the media coverage of this case would be better used to highlight the 27000 children who die of hunger every day.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
One of the problems is, you just can't argue with these people!

In English, we had a minute of silence for Maddie, and partway through it I asked my teacher if we could have a minute of silence for each of the other thousands of kids that've been abducted around the world.

And she told me off!

And it's an unfortunate that the vast majority people are so interested in "morality" and political correctness these days, they turn into evil, self-absorbed c-words who do the world much more harm than good.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have to deliver the Mirror. There's a new story on this ever ****ing day. I don't care anymore.
username138106
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the only way this story will ever end is if it transpires that they flew her to Darfur.
NickNack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
in 2007 AIDS killed between 2 and 2.5million people, as well as infecting an estimated 2.5 million more people (total number of people living with AIDS is ~33million).

Last year estimate 7.5million people died from Cancer (~20,000/day), and there were estimate 12million new cases (all numbers from WHO)

Oh, and for some bizzare reason the news is still complaining about bird flu, which since 2003 has killed a staggering 200 people (probably ignore this one)

Now unless madeline had some miracle cure tattooed onto her, or someone knows for certain she will grow up and cure AIDS, there are bigger things going on in the world than one missing child

(dont get me wrong, its a sad thing that happened as a result of the parents naivety, but time for people to move on)
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tragic? Yes. Newsworthy after all this time? No, well I don't think so. Use those column inches to raise awareness of something else, like the thousands of kids left orphaned by AIDS, because by now there is nothing to be gained by still publicising it, I doubt they'll ever find her, and certainly not alive.
mermania
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
every night i cry myself to sleep thinking about maddie and where she is or could be. it breaks my heart every single day.

not.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mermania)
every night i cry myself to sleep thinking about maddie and where she is or could be. it breaks my heart every single day.

not.
Hahahaha :laugh:
dancingshoes10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The parents probably killed her by accident. They released a drawing of the kidnappers figure the day after they were suspects.
Cowberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tommmmmmmmmm)
In English, we had a minute of silence for Maddie, and partway through it I asked my teacher if we could have a minute of silence for each of the other thousands of kids that've been abducted around the world.

And she told me off!
You Sir are my hero.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
I really couldn't give a ****.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
I really couldn't give a ****.
Well said! Voiced many people's opinions methinks :p:
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Have you even thought this through? Hold on, I'll break it down for you:

1. DO blame the parents, they left their kids alone with no supervision. Thats called neglect.

2. Child goes missing, they inform the police (About the only right thing they did)

3. They then go on a massive publicity campaign which makes them look like they are running for president, signing autographs,having their photo taken, meeting celebs etc etc.

4. And heres the worst part, Think, what is the 'kidnapper' going to do when he/she sees all this publicity, sees the kid's photo on every shop window? Kill the kid and dump the body because its just not worth the effort.

Seriously, by taking this into their own hands and making this so public they have killed their own kid (Assuming they didnt in the frst place).
I agree. It makes me sick when they are on the news visiting places, with crowds of people applauding them. Even if she was kidnapped, they provided the opportunity.
Spudder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just imagine what'll happen if/when she's found, dead or alive. Media frenzy bigger than if Queen Elizabeth got assassinated.
username138106
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Spudder)
Just imagine what'll happen if/when she's found, dead or alive. Media frenzy bigger than if Queen Elizabeth got assassinated.
She'll have her bleedin' autobiography out by age 6.
xDeleriusx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it is so horrible i can't bare to think what might have happened to her.

hmm..whats the latest on her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads