?
Report 11 years ago
Sorry no =(
Shout Box
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
nooooooooo thanks for trying though . Its madd because i get payed on the 25th and the direct debit come out either 22nd or 24th !

i made a school boy error
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Shabby =(

It's so annoying having to pay out needless money when it could have been avoided. I think it happens to everyone at least once if that's any consolation.
Shout Box
Rep:
?
tell me about it

well i may have to do plan B which is jacksons idea of cancelling the direct debit and making an excuse or something :ninja::ninja:lol oh well im going to sleep on it. nite x
munkie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol! Everyone's advice is rubbish so far.

If you go in to NatWest and pay cash in person it reaches your account instantly.

Re: the overdraft... they can do it over the phone. Might take a day or so to reflect on your account tho.
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol that's exactly the point. By that time it will be too late and he will be made to pay a £30 fee.
Pheonixx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
is it a student account?

when i needed to increase my overdraft, they just asked me how much i wanted and said, fine it will be available tuesday morning (takes 1 working night to set up, i asked on saturday)
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just to clarify here...
If you put cold hard currency into your account at a teller, your account is credited same day. You can do this at any NatWest branch.
If you do a wire transfer from somewhere other than NatWest, it will take about 3 days to hit your account.
It is probably too late to stop the DD now - usually with 2 working days to go, the money will be allocated in your account to be sent to the other bank. If your DD fails with the payee, you could end up getting charged fines, and you will no doubt have to set up the DD again.
Overdrafts generally take 2-3 working days to turn around, so it's unlikely that it will be in place in time.
My suggestion is to get some notes and bung it in your account tomorrow morning. Also, contact the company you have the DD with and tell them that you have realised there is not enough money in the account and the DD might fail if the money you've put in the account doesn't clear in time. You may be able to swing it if they charge a late payment fee because you've taken the initiative to call in advance and warn them it might fail but that you're taking remedial action.
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah, as mad vlad says, if you pay in AT the bank then the money will go in the same day
Shout Box
Rep:
?
ok thanks for the help peeps. Found out the DD comes out on tuesday..so im going to have to get to bank tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads