miss_bojangles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by angie:nofrills)
I mean a B in say cookery/media/art would be easier to achieve than a B in maths/science/humanities(well most of them). But in general I think B is a good grade!
No! I beg to differ - art is by no means 'easy' at all.
tootsies
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok maybe art shouldn't have been in that category, it is really time consuming from what I've noticed. But you get my drift.
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by angie:nofrills)
I think it depends on the subject too, I mean a B in say cookery/media/art would be easier to achieve than a B in maths/science/humanities(well most of them).
ART??! Easy to get a B in?? You have to spend most of your free time doing Art if you want an E!

edit:// okay just read the rest of the thread. basically i agree!!
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
gosh.....i think getting A's in AS is okay, but i did work my socks off last year!
however, this year...it seems that working my socks off won't get anywhere...
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by matt54)
Im doing AQA. American history 1897-1989 is alright but its the British 1815-1890 that I find really tedious. That said, i got 105/105 in British against 97/105 for US. I don't know what's going on there.

Yeah, that periods a bit boring. Pity you're not doing the Russian revolution... lots of fun and very juicy
Tommy The Cat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Art is indeed very difficult from what I hear from others. Also ICT can be considered similar - by no means an academic course, yet everyone that takes it struggles! It is a question of subjectivity really - some people are better suited to certain subjects. Also, just because a subject is less respected, or less 'academic', it does not mean it is easier. There is no way anyone could fast-track ICT and get an A for example, but I bet there are people that could fast-track an A level in Maths and achieve an A, and judging by AQA's statistics, only 7% of candidates achieve a grade A in ICT, compared to 35% of candidates in Maths. Factual evidence > Opinion, yet all you Mathematicians will still tell me that Maths is a harder A level!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads