Grift
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Doesn't Imperial have an arts club or something though? I remembered seeing it in the list...unless it's inactive.:p:
HCD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Arts club is for getting cheaply into theatres and stuff, there are no academic arts subjects at Imperial!
xaxa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Many courses allow you to do one humanity a year, e.g. creative writing, or a language. There are some art societies, depending on what you think art is, like music societies, the political ones.

A graduate (30-ish) of MIT said Imperial felt a lot like MIT. I like the atmosphere anyway. I expect I'd like UCL's atmosphere, but most of the times I've been there I've met mostly scientists!
Grift
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was thinking of arts as involving drawing...but I guess if there's no club for it, I could always work on it on my own. Still, it'd be nice to have one.:p:
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Another coward neg repped me. Please state your id on any neg rep and i will happily accept any comments. I shall not be offended unlike some
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by silent ninja)
Another coward neg repped me. Please state your id on any neg rep and i will happily accept any comments. I shall not be offended unlike some
Maybe it's because you said UCL was better than Imperial in a thread on the Imperial forum without giving a good reason -- some people take that badly. "It seemed dull" -- well, Cambridge seemed dull to me when I saw it: there were hardly any students around the College, the buildings felt cold, the student who was showing me round wouldn't talk to me, the office I had an interview in had furniture from the seventies which was broken, the atmosphere didn't seem to be there (and there were a few other things). Imperial was much, much nicer in comparison -- lots of happy students around, decent buildings (on the inside anyway!). I didn't look at UCL so I can't compare them fairly on "feel" except to say that I know about 15 UCL people and most would fit in at Imperial, and the reverse.
Alexthepenguin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you like or play any music, then come to imperial. coz ucl has no music facility whatsoever
Lizzielizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by euanovsky)
if you like or play any music, then come to imperial. coz ucl has no music facility whatsoever

oooh can you tell me a bit more about the music facilities at Imperial? What about orchestras and bands etc? I play four instruments and it'd be great if I could continue playing at Imperial.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xaxa)
Maybe it's because you said UCL was better than Imperial in a thread on the Imperial forum without giving a good reason -- some people take that badly. "It seemed dull"
Well, the op had already listed several factors that they had weighed up and said they weren't bothered about any of those. I said I liked UCL better not UCL IS better. I didnt give a reason because I have posted reasons before-- suppose I should have again. Bit of a boring atmosphere, several students were incredibly ignorant and unhelpful (i'm sure this can happen anywhere but still didnt give the best impression hence it was unfriendly), SU was a bit crap etc It didn't feel like a very relaxed place.

I dont see why someone was offended; they could have just come and told us all the wonderful things about Imperial instead. Certainly that would be better? Neg rep doesn't bother me it's the fact they didnt sign their name or give a reason.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great time at Imperial if you go there-- it is a great uni, just that I would not go there.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate blank neg reps.
Master Polhem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by silent ninja)
Well, the op had already listed several factors that they had weighed up and said they weren't bothered about any of those. I said I liked UCL better not UCL IS better. I didnt give a reason because I have posted reasons before-- suppose I should have again. Bit of a boring atmosphere, several students were incredibly ignorant and unhelpful (i'm sure this can happen anywhere but still didnt give the best impression hence it was unfriendly), SU was a bit crap etc It didn't feel like a very relaxed place.

I dont see why someone was offended; they could have just come and told us all the wonderful things about Imperial instead. Certainly that would be better? Neg rep doesn't bother me it's the fact they didnt sign their name or give a reason.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great time at Imperial if you go there-- it is a great uni, just that I would not go there.
Well I thought UCL sucked bushes and I liked Imperial very much.
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I liked both, I just liked Imperial a lot more. UCL was to be my insurance, in fact, were the accommodation issue not so prohibiting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads