?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Declan 06)
German
History
Geography
Triple Science

What do you think?

But im now unsure about triple science because its the first year my school is doing it and they usually mess things up on the first year lol
good choices, isnt science compulsory?

but yeh well done
billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
German
History
Geography
Triple Science

What do you think?

But im now unsure about triple science because its the first year my school is doing it and they usually mess things up on the first year lol
I think that's a good range of subjects there
Tbh, i do think you should go for triple science! It gives a good base for A Level and is very useful anyway! I do triple science, and it seems i have less work than my mates who do dual science and an extra subject!
x
Declan 06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by chbutterfly)
good choices, isnt science compulsory?

but yeh well done

science is but triple science isnt
chbutterfly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh ok, is that normal for schools, cos at my school they just out the top set in 4 triple science?

that must be annoying

what other subjects are compulsory?

good choices xx
Declan 06
Rep:
?
(Original post by chbutterfly)
oh ok, is that normal for schools, cos at my school they just out the top set in 4 triple science?

that must be annoying

what other subjects are compulsory?

good choices xx
we are able to do it if we always get over a level 6.

The other compulsory subjects are:
Maths
English
Science
ICT
RE
PE
Citizenship
Declan 06
Rep:
?
just had my options evening and now i want to do:

Geography
French
Business Studies
Triple Science

please let me know what you think
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, they're good choices! I'm liking the Triple Science & French!
Declan 06
Rep:
?
lol me 2 .

I changed my mind from German because I have done French longer and have a better understanding of it ill also get loads of help on my French because my uncles French Canadian he'll be able to help me practice me with my speaking etc.

Changed history because I want one subject which I know I will really like and at times history is extremely boring lol.
Declan 06
Rep:
?
cool i would love my mam to be something else that english. i wanted to learn spanish but dont have time because i want to start doing some revision for my science sats because i want that bloody level 7 .

sometimes its boring and sometimes its not but id rather do business studies i will love it
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Aha well if you'll love it then it's the right choice for you

& SATS aren't that bad, don't overtire yourself revising for them!
Declan 06
Rep:
?
Yeah

I just get stressed about any dam test even if i have a spelling test or something in french. i need help lmao.

i just want to do really well in everything :P
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Lol, you really sound like a male version of me :P
We're just perfectionists! There's nothing wrong with it! Apart from the fact that we slowly drive ourselves insane! Haha x
Declan 06
Rep:
?

My friends hate me whenever i have a test because im always in very bad moods lmao. ill have no friends while im doing the sats .

This is why im starting a bit earlier to go over science topics what i did in year 7 what i've forgotten :P.

Im useless at english even though im in set 1 :P do you know how i could get better?
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, english is a difficult subject. Maybe ask teachers for past SAT papers, so you can work through them. Or buy a revision guide about the Shakespeare play you're studying? I don't think you can do a lot of revision for english! Good luck anywayyy!

When do they start?
Declan 06
Rep:
?
Thanks, I have got all the past tests for every subject I’m so organised

I do need to buy a Shakespeare textbook but i haven’t been to town for ages and our smiths has a crap selection.

My teacher said for me and the person who i sit next to she is going to do some extra classes for us hopefully ill get better at that

The SAT's start in May around the 6th i think.

I know i have plenty of time but i just want to do some science revision then when I’m nearer to the tests the revision will be pretty easy and less stressful .
chbutterfly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

My friends hate me whenever i have a test because im always in very bad moods lmao. ill have no friends while im doing the sats .

This is why im starting a bit earlier to go over science topics what i did in year 7 what i've forgotten :P.

Im useless at english even though im in set 1 :P do you know how i could get better?

for english in my sats, it really helped me buting CGP test papers

even though it may seem pointless marking your own eng papers, i found them really useful practice, and the CGP ones are very similar to the actual questions

like you, i always want to do the best i can, and got really stressed out in my sats ( and still in gcse)

every1 told me sats werent important, but to me at that point tey were, so ur right to try ur best

good luck for them xx
Declan 06
Rep:
?
Thanks

I think ill buy some this might sound strage but CPG books stink lmao.

I hate it when people say that.

A) They are important because they decide which sets you are in for GCSE and if your in a crap set you usually stay there
B) They decide your targets and i never used to care about school so from my KS2 sats my levels were low so now my targets are really low and its embarrasing because im in set 1 for everything and i have the lowest target. I know they mean nothing really but i still dont like it :P
chbutterfly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh i couldnt agree more, when i was doing them and people said they werent important it just sounded like they were belittling me

obviously yeh now my gcses are the most important, but goos SATs results are needed for them, so yeh like u said, tell them 2 get lost lol!

do know what level maths paper u r sitting

for science revise how science works questions as well, cos i did more info revision, and was surprised when loads of HSW stuff came up!

i do know what u mean about CGP, but there are the same sort of things by better people if that makes sense

hope this helped

xx
Declan 06
Rep:
?
Most of my friends are thick to they dont give a ****

Im sitting the 6-8 probably hopefully ill get a 8

i get really annoyed with my teachers because they dont tell us the topic we are doing. in my mock i got a 6b and was totaly gutted i dont know how the hell i got it

I like letts better but school gave us a science text book and its really good it is linked to the ones we use in school and thats better than the letts ones or CPG .

this did help thankyou
Phillip.
Report 11 years ago
i just bought an add. science CPG at GCSE level (i'm doing double science, baseline A, want an A*), and while i can't say i've read it yet, it looks quite good. i know my experiences with Letts have always been disappointing, i just find them somewhat boring and linear, whereas the CPG ones put the information across, but in a way which entices you to read further.

you're year nine, yeah? i wouldn't worry about your sats score, they're only to rate the school.

They are important because they decide which sets you are in for GCSE and if your in a crap set you usually stay there
if you're in a crap set, but are excelling, you will get moved up. simple as that. sats are absolutely useless to us, they decide the starting set. it's very easy to move your way around the sets at GCSE, you really just need to ask (backed up with sufficient evidence obviously). if you stay in a crap set, then you probably deserve to be there. if you had any outstanding talent, they'd move you up - good GCSE grades = good ofsted ratings

also, sats don't decide targets, class performance and mocks decide those.

on the subject of, er, subjects, do history. i chose it, it's really, really interesting, and teaches you how to write a good essay. i would love to take it at a level, but it's not happening, it seems.

good luck, i'm sure you'll do fine. the GCSE course lasts two years, but after the first month or so you forget you're doing them. it's only in the last half year you really begin to dread the finals in summer.

if you think sats are hard now, you're gonna have the time of your life come summer '10.

brilliant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads