Oh how I wish I was at Imperial right now... Watch

Pulkpull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, I've seen. I don't think our tastes could be much more different to be honest

I'm not good at classifying music, but here's my charts on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/thegraphiteboy/
Edit: bad link
HCD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ah well, never mind. :p:
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pulkpull)
I'm not good at classifying music, but here's my charts on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/thegraphiteboy/
Indie, experimental rock, electro house and alt rock? I recognise about ¼ of the band names (in the top artists bit) but I don't know many of them (<10%) very well. Try Alternative Music Society, I think you should get along ;-)

"Your musical compatibility rating with thegraphiteboy is: Low. You share a few artists in common, including of Montreal, Muse, Radiohead, The White Stripes, and Franz Ferdinand."
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xaxa)
Indie, experimental rock, electro house and alt rock? I recognise about ¼ of the band names (in the top artists bit) but I don't know many of them (<10%) very well. Try Alternative Music Society, I think you should get along ;-)

"Your musical compatibility rating with thegraphiteboy is: Low. You share a few artists in common, including of Montreal, Muse, Radiohead, The White Stripes, and Franz Ferdinand."
Electro House? Who do I like that you'd class as electro house!? Well if we share a few artists of Montreal is a good one to share. I love of Montreal
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Electro House? Who do I like that you'd class as electro house!? Well if we share a few artists of Montreal is a good one to share. I love of Montreal
I might be wrong!

Looking again, LCD Soundsystem is the only possibility. I didn't know any of their music, and having just listened to what's available on Last.fm they seem to have stuff in several genres.

I saw of Montreal live last spring :-)
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xaxa)
I might be wrong!

Looking again, LCD Soundsystem is the only possibility. I didn't know any of their music, and having just listened to what's available on Last.fm they seem to have stuff in several genres.

I saw of Montreal live last spring :-)
Yeah, dance punk is what's officially known as, but I get what you mean!

Yeah, I saw them a couple of times in the autumn/winter last year, at nottingham social and the scala. Where'd you see them? Their stage show is fantastic if a little disturbing.
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, dance punk is what's officially known as, but I get what you mean!

Yeah, I saw them a couple of times in the autumn/winter last year, at nottingham social and the scala. Where'd you see them? Their stage show is fantastic if a little disturbing.
I saw them at the Scala on 2007-06-02. The costumes were fantastic :-)
HCD
Rep:
?
I'll just note that I'm open-minded about music, and like a fair bit of "alternative" music for its sheer weirdness; I'm just too lazy to go out looking specifically for it. I'd join the Alt Music society though, because then it would come to me, rather than me having to bother actively seeking it!
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd say joining the Alt Music society would do pretty much exactly the same job as adding Pitchfork as your homepage... Great if you like people telling you what's cool!
HCD
Rep:
?
Nah, I don't think it'd be like that. I think it'd be people sharing what they think is cool, but not expecting or pressuring you to agree. Maybe it's wishful thinking, though! :p:
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, that would be quite nice. I don't understand why people have in the past referred to me as a music nazi... I just get a bit too passionate I think.
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well - have you in the past suggested that you wont listen to any music by jewish musicians and that they should be exterminated... cos that should be a clue.
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gosh we're a witty bunch :p:
Master Polhem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Now see if I said anything along the lines of what Cat said I would be banned - yet again. Double standards on this damned forum.
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think everyone just hates you.
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Master Polhem)
Now see if I said anything along the lines of what Cat said I would be banned - yet again. Double standards on this damned forum.
So true.

Even truer.

:p:
Master Polhem
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Unlucky for them then that I will graduate with a first class degree in engineering and then take over this ****ing site. Albeit thats 4 years away.
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Nah, I don't think it'd be like that. I think it'd be people sharing what they think is cool, but not expecting or pressuring you to agree. Maybe it's wishful thinking, though! :p:
That's more like it. They laugh when people say "Radiohead and Muse are my favourite bands, can I join?" but the answer is still yes. (Of course, there are a couple of people who think only their favourite music is worth listening to, but there's always people like that.)
Pulkpull
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xaxa)
That's more like it. They laugh when people say "Radiohead and Muse are my favourite bands, can I join?" but the answer is still yes. (Of course, there are a couple of people who think only their favourite music is worth listening to, but there's always people like that.)
Sounds good then! I need to find people I can drag to gigs. I really don't like going alone..
Master Polhem
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sounds good then! I need to find people I can drag to gigs. I really don't like going alone..
You are sad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads