Tom Hanks owned the 90s but has been awful since Watch

Overground
Badges: 17
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
He got too big for his boots.

And too boring.

Also, i think he has gone insane, supporting Aston Villa and starring in crap films... Insanity.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sh...sh/2028079.jpg

Tom Hanks is a Villa fan! We have the coolest celebrity fans.

We also have Amy Winehouse, Ozzy Osbourne, Nigel Kennedy (seen him at games), Ocean Colour Scene.

Oh and Prince William and David Cameron. Future King and PM both Villa fans? And governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King is. Villa fans running the country. I hope we don't have a Villa supporting PM for a long time (detest Cameron), but hey-ho, we've got better celeb fans than yoooo!

^ apologies if all that sounds a wee bit noobish.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Laterz naivesincerity. And yes, it haunts me everyday.

(Original post by Student2806)
Is this a joke or something?
If you don't think Tom Hanks is powerful or a good actor then you're clearly not in the real world.
Touché old chap.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Overground)

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sh...sh/2028079.jpg

Tom Hanks is a Villa fan! We have the coolest celebrity fans.

We also have Amy Winehouse, Ozzy Osbourne, Nigel Kennedy (seen him at games), Ocean Colour Scene.

Oh and Prince William and David Cameron. Future King and PM both Villa fans? And governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King is. Villa fans running the country. I hope we don't have a Villa supporting PM for a long time (detest Cameron), but hey-ho, we've got better celeb fans than yoooo!

^ apologies if all that sounds a wee bit noobish.
We have Louise Nerding (or Redknapp), which beats all of them put together.

:p:

Well, for the eyes anyway.

Good for Villa supporters :party:

Can't beat Norwich though, they have that witch Delia Smith, as supporter & owner or whatever, she wins.
Allthewayhome
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tom Hanks? I would.
Overground
Report 11 years ago
Yeah back on topic Tom Hanks is a legend and I love him. Before he was a Villa fan I still did, he's done so many different types of films and is one of the best actors of the modern age.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sleepless in Seattle & You've Got Mail were both good.

Toy Story was pretty good as well.

I never knew until today that his first wife died of bone cancer.. :eek:
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does toy story count? was just his voice...
Welsh_insomniac
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought he was amazing in films such as Road to Perdition, The Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump and Philadelphia. I don't really remember how his acting was in Apollo 13, I guess I need to watch that film again.

Though I do agree that he has turned to crap lately. The Da Vinchi Code was an awful movie, The Lady Killers had terrible reviews (though I haven't seen it), and I can't really say being a part of the Polar Express is very reputable.

I think he has been in some really good films, but lately I just don't really like him. His voice and face just irritates me now :p:
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think he was awesome in The Green Mile, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia and Road to Perdition. They are all ace movies.

Maybe his acting skills are deteriorating with age? :p:
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Burbs FTW
Student2806
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Say what you want about him now, but I've just watched Forrest Gump, and I don't think I've seen anyone give a performance quite like he did.
There was a tear in my eye at the end.
......?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Apparently there's a Forrst Gump 2 coming out in 2010, so he might have another good decade starting with that.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I think Hanks began to believe his own hype and has just lost interest. Tom Hanks is a franchise, although as I said in my OP, he is not having success anymore.

The Da Vinci Code is a good vehicle for him, as it will spurn sequels, but other than that, the 2000s have been very quiet. Maybe he thinks he has nothing else to prove?

However, no-one has ever won 3 Oscars for Best Actor, so if he any ambition in him he should think about that.
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ......?)
Apparently there's a Forrst Gump 2 coming out in 2010, so he might have another good decade starting with that.
Noooooooo! :mad: How dare they sully the memory of that amazing film with something as dirty as a sequel!! Soooooo few films can get away with it, and I suspect that this will not be one of them.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Isn't there also a Mrs Doubtfire sequel coming out soon?

(not Hanks related)
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Also, Titanic 2 is out in March.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Just watched Forrest Gump, I forgot how much of a great film it is. Hanks is brilliant, and I usually hate most actors.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Same here, i quite like Forrest Gump.
Rei
Report 11 years ago
Same here, i quite like Forrest Gump.
Yeah, Titanic 2.. looking forward to that! JACKS BACK <--- lmao.

Just watched the entire Forest Gump for the first time!

Every other time i've started watching it has been in R.E where my teacher keeps stopping it after an hour, and just starting from the beginning at the next lesson :p:

Great movie. Tom Hanks is a great actor...
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Also, Titanic 2 is out in March.
WOT!!! WHY!?!?!?! *screams in agony*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads