Don't we all hun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabso1)
    Don't we all hun?
    Possibly. Woah it's pouring outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g-oo-ey)
    Possibly. Woah it's pouring outside.
    Hardly! It's sunny as anything here. Although it is a bit overcast.

Edit: @4:30pm it starts raining in Novena

ReputationRep:
    It always rains in England! Last summer there were floods

As for the Mocks dont worry just finish your IAs i had mine 2 weeks ago and i didnt finish half of them but my teachers didnt mind, do your best. its just a chance to see your week points and what the exams are like and brush up on exam technique after the mocks you just got to make sure to work your butt off with revision and practise papers/exam questions.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been thinking, maybe I should fail on purpose, otherwise I'll become satisfied and lazy...

ReputationRep:
    ^ no because then you may be like im failing, i dont care anymore im going to fail any way and become unmotivated (many of us were close to that).

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it though, I just saw my uni about a week ago and I LOVED IT so I'm quite motivated to actually study after mocks. I was thinking a past paper a day. Question for you guys: is that even realistic? :p:

ReputationRep:
    At my college no.... im aiming for 4 hrs teaching and 4 hrs revision for each subject a week.. with exception of drama (since theres no exam). i think thats do able. I think a past paper a day is fine, take a day off though and have fun, we need to keep some sanity otherwise we have nothing to use when we go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    At my college no.... im aiming for 4 hrs teaching and 4 hrs revision for each subject a week.. with exception of drama (since theres no exam). i think thats do able. I think a past paper a day is fine, take a day off though and have fun, we need to keep some sanity otherwise we have nothing to use when we go to uni.
    True. I'm considering a gap year though, to get all my fun-ness back after IB. But 4 hours per subject would be like 20 hours (since you've got 5, right?). That's a lot too :p: I guess a past paper a day should be okay then. I just need to start finding them I guess. The ftp was killed

ReputationRep:
    That sucks... i may be able to access some maths ones if you PM me, but does depend what maths you doing. Yeah its either 4 hours a night and weekends off and 10 hours during week, 10 hours weekend but i do bio HL and i need to revise everythin for that and theres a hell of a lot to learn and i didnt even get half marks in my mutliple choice :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabso1)
    If you need the Maths HL ones, I pride myself on having all of them since 2000 :p:
    Any way I could get some of them potentially

ReputationRep:
    Also if you need any physics ones i may be able to get some too, actually i have most papers... Yay for my college (for once)

ReputationRep:
    If you need any physics HL papers, my teacher just gave us /quite/ a lot of them xD on our USB drives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youresocutewhenyouscream)
    If you need any physics HL papers, my teacher just gave us /quite/ a lot of them xD on our USB drives.
    Hey could I please please pleaseeee have them ?? Would be really grateful if I could .......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harshini317)
    Hey could I please please pleaseeee have them ?? Would be really grateful if I could .......
    Yeah, sure. PM me your email, and I'll try to get them sent soon.

EDIT;
    I see you're doing ITGS HL too. Isn't it horrendous...? x.x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone take Theater arts!
    If no, count yourself seriously lucky

Everyone I know is done with internal assessments apart from the poor theater souls who sill have 6 thousand words to conjure up, a Practical Play Analysis and a whole friggin play I have to write

all for the next 2 weeks

lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost*in*Translation)
    Does anyone take Theater arts!
    If no, count yourself seriously lucky

Everyone I know is done with internal assessments apart from the poor theater souls who sill have 6 thousand words to conjure up, a Practical Play Analysis and a whole friggin play I have to write

all for the next 2 weeks

lovely
    Oh i know that feeling so much!!!!! I have to do ym research commission in 3 weeks, and my PPA and cut down the words on my portfolio! I wish i had the new syllabus... they dont have to do nearly as much written work its not fair!! And i love drama but the Ib has killed my love over last few months due to the written work! But then we do get one less exam.... so i only have 17 instead of 23... must look on bright side or i will scream/have a breakdown/cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Oh i know that feeling so much!!!!! I have to do ym research commission in 3 weeks, and my PPA and cut down the words on my portfolio! I wish i had the new syllabus... they dont have to do nearly as much written work its not fair!! And i love drama but the Ib has killed my love over last few months due to the written work! But then we do get one less exam.... so i only have 17 instead of 23... must look on bright side or i will scream/have a breakdown/cry.
    Seriously Theater Arts is the primal cause of my nervous breakdown

Our teacher also has no idea what the hell shes doing and always scuttles off to the computer to ask the "forum"
    This IB Theater Arts teacher website
    She actually recommended writing the portfolio on a large wall and taking photos of it

Im so jealous of all the next years

I'm doing higher which means I also have my Independent Project to complete
    I've written a play but am realizing it does not fit at all with the criteria, I'm not performing it (its an In-Yer-Face inspired play about drugs) so I think I'll get a nil-hil for 'presentation'

Ah well my life is over!

Whats your RC on?
    Mine was Sanskrit Drama
    The original style is so old there was practically no information :s

ReputationRep:
    Yep its the cause of mine too, if it wasnt for drama being the reason i met my bf and made some really good friends i would hate it. Im doing higher too, there isnt much difference to be honest the word count is bigger woop! (i cant keep to word counts).

for my independant project i did costume for a play my mate wrote (it was an adaptation of vasilisa, a russian fairytale) however due to devising work (i was in another play) i left it till last week to start making the costumes and eventually only made one cape (which was shabby) luckily i managed to do a really good write up with loads of design etc so hopefully salvaged my grade.

ad for my RC im doing as if im writing to a travelling theatre company hoping to adapt christopher marlowe's dr faustus for africa. so going to research african masks/costumes/travelling sets. need to find a primary source though it should be a good project but then ive left it last min (only started yesterday).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.