Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilliwoo)
    OK, dumb question, but why is George Bush always described as this enormous idiot? Blair is even more puzzling. Sure he's no intellectual giant, but I can't think of anything he's done that's startlingly more idiotic than the things a number of people have done past nd present.

He is described as the most powerful man in the universe, but when he talks your left thinking :wtf?:, every politician goes through ups and downs. He had to manage the country through a very difficult time and many people think he has gone about the wrong way...hence making him an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    OK, dumb question, but why is George Bush always described as this enormous idiot? Blair is even more puzzling. Sure he's no intellectual giant, but I can't think of anything he's done that's startlingly more idiotic than the things a number of people have done past nd present.
    Blair is no intellectual giant? I reckon anyone who can get themselves to his position, and handle it the way he did, must be pretty smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaW™)
    And idiotness is slang. :rolleyes:
    It's obscure (and moreover, crap) slang, if so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Blair is no intellectual giant? I reckon anyone who can get themselves to his position, and handle it the way he did, must be pretty smart.
    He is should nominated for an Oscar his acting skills are second to none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    It's obscure (and moreover, crap) slang, if so.
    I did not make it up, don't blame me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    He's smart - smarter than Bush (but not Cherie, I'd venture) - but that's, I think, the typical smartness of a middle class person who had a good education. What I read from his policies, biographers, colleagues, and rivals lead me to think he's no intellectual though. But he is very cever, and knows his way about. Gordon Brown actually seems more of a genuine intellectual than Blair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    dubya
    yawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    Bush
    yawn

ReputationRep:
    He's smart - smarter than Bush (but not Cherie, I'd venture) - but that's, I think, the typical smartness of a middle class person who had a good education. What I read from his policies, biographers, colleagues, and rivals lead me to think he's no intellectual though. But he is very cever, and knows his way about. Gordon Brown actually seems more of a genuine intellectual than Blair.
    Sure. But he must have a grasp of complex political strategy though right, to have reached the top?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    Bush
    yawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    Bush
    Thanks for your reasoning.

Cushti stop yawning. :p:

Bush clearly isn't the biggest idiot. He's just a bit thick.

I doubt we'll have heard of the biggest idiot. Probably some bloke from the Stone Ages, who killed himself on a fern.

ReputationRep:
    Neil lennon :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)

I'm not sure he is thick. I think he's just insouciant, and he's smarter than he makes out.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. But he must have a grasp of complex political strategy though right, to have reached the top?
    I don't believe that makes you an intellectual. If you've been in the system long enough, and done the right reading, you'd probably know the same stuff. I've met plenty of idiots who superficially know the degree subject matter better than I do, yet have very little creativity or depth in applying what they're learning, or indeed knowing anything beyond what they've rote-learned. I tend to measure intellect in terms of depth and creativity rather than volume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)

I doubt we'll have heard of the biggest idiot. Probably some bloke from the Stone Ages, who killed himself on a fern.
    rofl

ReputationRep:
    George Galloway!

That bloke is such a completely ********, it's unbelievable.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5tunBGmDQ

The first question was stupid, but his answers won the stupidity prize.

I'm not sure he is thick. I think he's just insouciant, and he's smarter than he makes out.
    Alright. Well, either way, I'm exempting him from this honour, in favour of Stone Age Steve.

rofl
    :girl:

ReputationRep:
    OK, dumb question, but why is George Bush always described as this enormous idiot? ...

He taught us the Law of the Jungle -just like the much fabled Balloo. Here

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.