Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Her.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to go to Canada. You know all those films with a beautiful landscape...they always turned out to be Canada. I'd really like to experience that first hand. Like in Fly Away Home.
    There was just so much...nature.lol

ReputationRep:
    Him

ReputationRep:
    * To get into Cambridge/Oxford (leaning towards Cam at the moment) to study English Literature
    * Get heavily involved in the theatre scene there and maybe, just maybe, be able to act in theatre after I graduate, as well as write.
    * Health and happiness for my family!

ReputationRep:
    Pyshical Thing: I wanted a brand new PC and I got it
    Something Happening: Winning The Lottery
    Place To Go: Outer Space

Want I really want is for people to open their eyes to what really is going on in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Hm.. the three things I want most are...

For my other half and I to be able to get married in about three years' time, as we want to;

To own an old house, with a nice garden in the country and

To be satisfied (financially and in terms of plain enjoyment) with the job I end up doing.

So, not much then.. :rolleyes: The first one should be feasible in that time-frame; the latter two probably won't be achieved for some time. Ah well.

Just for kicks, seeing as the OP mentioned "something you want to happen" and "a place you really want to go" - the answers would be getting a book published and India, respectively.

ReputationRep:
    A physical thing you want to own?
    A massive television

something you want to happen?
    To die naturally in my old age (no illnesses) for me and my family

a place you really want to go. What do you want?
    Japan or Space

(Original post by ellabella)
    to be beautiful (yep i'm shallow)
    You already look beautiful We are our own worst critics

(Original post by elisabethbridge)
    1. I want a pair of yellow Converse, but they don't even make them in yellow.
    Ebay has loads of them!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CONVERSE-ALL-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    (An example). Just search "yellow converse".

(Original post by TearsOnDarkShadows)
    A physical thing you want to own
    A cat
    Man does not own cats, it is the cats that own man!!!

ReputationRep:
    To have unlimited resources to do what I want. It does sound selfish, but considering I'm a frugal person, I don't want a mansion with glorified trees and a trillion gardeners and cleaners. Just a safe, compact cottage, nice view is enough. I would want to use the resources to build new things - start up charities and organisations for researching diseases, assist people in various distressing life situations, and also R & D into making new advances technologically.

I'd want to create cool new buildings and devices for whatever purpose.

I want to be with someone who loves me and would value me in the same way I would her; and won't leave me for someone else.

And I want to feel fulfilled, so whenever I look back at life, I could go "oh yeah, I did that, I'm proud of that etc."

Doesn't sound like much, but in practical terms it's going to be really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Physical thing: a SMART Brabus coupe:

Things happening: to get the grades for uni and get a 1st in Spanish and German

Going somewhere: a round the world cruise with my family

ReputationRep:
    Physical thing: Easy, a country estate... I only need a small one though!
    Something to happen: Get a relatively interesting job
    Place to go: Rome.

ReputationRep:
    Wanna get the grades i need in A Levels - so i wanna go to uni

Want my parents to retire - something i'd like to happen

Something to own....hm.....nothing immediately springs to mind

ReputationRep:
    A physical thing you want to own, something you want to happen, a place you really want to go. What do you want?

Physical: Nothing.
    Something I want to happen: Get AAAA. (HAH)
    Place I want to go: Wales or Cornwall, just for a weekend. I'm not asking too much on these other two 'cos I really want the middle one.
    I wouldn't mind Barcelona (again) or the South Pacific or Barbados but beggars cannot be choosers and I want the AAAA more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    The dress worn in Pretty In Pink
    To meet "the one"
    Go twenty years into my future

ReputationRep:
    Her.

ReputationRep:
    1,Arsenal to win the league
    2, Man United to win nothing
    3,peace to be declared in the middle east

Physical thing: A bedroom with skylight windows

Something to happen: Turn 21 as soon as possible

Place to go: A certain uni

ReputationRep:
    1) I want to go home for easter. I miss my friends and family, it's been too long since christmas!
    2) I want to broaden my social horizans and meet lots of fun new people at uni. Ie stop being a hermit.
    3) A really pretty new dress that I can wear to death over spring and summer (and the money to spend on one)

ReputationRep:
    A sailing boat that is an old wooden gaff yawl, with zero maintenance, that tacks easily through 50 degrees, that doesn't roll or heel except when you want it to, that doesn't drift to lee, that is spacious and comfortable with all the mod cons, yet nice and small on the outside, with virtually no draught so as to go up into little creeks etc, that can easily be rowed/sculled, that needs no engine, that is capable of sailing in all conditions, yet will still be exciting to sail in a force 3. That, above all, is capable of 20 knots on a run, and 14 upwind in a moderate breeze.

A job that elates me when I get up in the morning, a job that challenges me, that grabs me, obsesses me, and makes me glad to be employed. After all that, pay is irrelevant.

To go to the lakes, shetland and norway.

Only the last I fear is acheivable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Physical thing: Easy, a country estate... I only need a small one though!
    That too :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.