Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'll probably do like 1-2 hours a day..

ReputationRep:
    Well once ive done my coursework its going to be flat out revision.
    I will start near the end of this week, its no too late mate.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think it is at all. I've only finished revising one of my (larger) units in one of my subjects. I find starting too early means you don't retain what you have learnt.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing AS maths [C1,C2,S1], AS Chem [Unit 1,2,3a,3b] and AS bio [Unit 1,2,3+coursework]

theres 24 hours in a day, and I really can't afford to waste any more time, so 12 hours with 30mins break every 2 hours sounds good to me

From the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep

ReputationRep:
    Well you're better doing something than nothing, right?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's not too late. Just get organised and start ASAP. And don't kid yourself that you're going to do 27 hours per day, just aim for a good 4 hours/day and plough through the syllabus. It's only mid-April, which is not even cramming time yet, so the less panicking you do, the more actual work you'll get done.

ReputationRep:
    aren't you at school?

ReputationRep:
    It was never too late for me, since I didn't revise for any of my exams =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    aren't you at school?
    Got easter holidays atm, on the 2nd week of it

ReputationRep:
    our was ages ago.. I'll have had 2 exams by then time study leave even starts. Everyone els will be enjoying the last official day or college ever. where will I be? AS philosophy resit not fun

ReputationRep:
    Not too late at all- I still have another module to be taught in soc. They moved the exams though, earlier this year than last. *******s.

Anyway. I'm such a procrastinator. I really don't know how to got the grades last year [or any year actually, I've always crammed and hoped for the best]

So yeah. If you haven't already, work out the best way for YOU to revise, be that writing or reading or listening, mind maps, flashcards, etc...and just knuckle down I guess.

I should take my own advice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    come join us in The "I really should be revising..." thread

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I get distracted so easily and end up doing nothing all day

ReputationRep:
    go somewhere else then. I do more work at college than at home. So I'll probably go into college on study leave.

ReputationRep:
    ive been making notes for the last few weeks. I havent started my revision "properly" but because i have been writing very detailed notes from about 6 textbooks i kinda have an idea of what to know for each exam

i have 14 exams in June and im not getting too nervous. From when i start revision on Monday the 21st of April it will be 3 weeks and 3 days till my C1 & C2 exam. Notes are very helpful but you have to do them early and make them very concise. Then start revising a topic a week if you have like 3-4 topics a module. Make a revision plan and stick to it. Do past papers at the end of each revision session for a topic to budge ur memory. Im giving up alot of things from next week and one of them is TSR. Very sad

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late for revision, really. Every little helps? (gotta love tesco)

I can't really give advice for not getting distracted easily, but I find going to the library helps alot. Even though I get distracted a bit there, carrying my books and stuff there is long, I still get more done then at home.

ReputationRep:
    Get Off Tsr And Start Revising You Fool!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've not started revision yet...both today and yesterday I have sat around thinking about starting and not bothered...not good...

I've got to do Core 4, Stats 1 and decision 1 for maths and 3 modules for As psychology...I've missed ****loads of stats and decision as well as psychology...so not sure if it's too late or not...should be cool though.

But I'm going to give it ago anyway...Maths is the most important...psychology I just took up for something to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupidsArrow)
    Im doing AS maths [C1,C2,S1], AS Chem [Unit 1,2,3a,3b] and AS bio [Unit 1,2,3+coursework]

theres 24 hours in a day, and I really can't afford to waste any more time, so 12 hours with 30mins break every 2 hours sounds good to me

From the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep

The important thing is that you start right now(!!!) instead of planning a ridiculous schedule (12 hrs/day won't do any good, you will probably hit the limits of your daily capacity way before...) .

ReputationRep:
    am taking same As' as OP but with German AS as well (speaking exam on 28th April ahhh!!!) n I only started any kind of revision yesterday (nope I'm not proud )... but it feels much better to have actually started
    and to the 12 hrs a day thing.. not a chance I barely manage to fit in 6/7, but well good luck

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.