Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know chavs exercised.

Meh don't bother TBH I'd be more upset if chav guys did that to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    No. Remember: Never argue with idiots - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience. You can't really "win" against this kind of people, they will immediately find some other reason to make fun of you and celebrate themselves.
    I agree, the best thing to do is pretend they are not there and ignore them. Playing their game is letting them win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    shouldve gave them the flirt divert number
    the gym i go to has its fair share of meat heads and general lowlifers.

I've had this kind of thing a couple of times... thirteen year olds walking up to me in the street and asking if I'll go out with their mate. Never at the gym though.

The thing that annoys me at the gym is when you are having a proper run on the treaders and next to you are two obese women walking on a treadmill at 2km/h and talking to each other! Why not save your money and just walk to pick your future-NHS-draining children up from school, you fat ****.

ReputationRep:
    im told a good old fashioned knee in the stomach solves this classic problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    There's probably no reason why they chose you apart from 1) they thought you might be annoyed (and they were right) and 2) they thought that you wouldn't do anything to them... that's the curse of the peaceful and friendly people, they are pretty good victims for scum like these girls.
    I agree with this, people like that always try and make people uncomfortable with minimal risk to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    do chavs any brain cells?

and them at the gym, were they dressed like vicki pollard?

ReputationRep:
    Chavs only go to the gym to give the impression they're exercising and 'getting fit' when really they're merely going there to chat and hang about.

Just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your profile picture, and considering that they're chavs, it could well have been a case of racism. Was there no gym supervisor/instructor/trainer/politically-correct-name-for-gym-people to kick them out?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not it definitely wasn't racism. For a start 80% of the women there were asian.

ReputationRep:
    Take an MP3 player so you don't have to listen to them should they come in again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    So I went to the gym a couple of hours ago and was using a treadmill and minding my own business, when a small group of chavvy girls crowded round me and started watching me. Already, it was a bit awkward but I kind of ignored it. They seemed to be smirking a little and I think they were daring each other to say something to me. A few minutes later, one of them tapped me on the shoulder and asked something ridiculous like will I go out with them (I didn't really hear properly). They all started giggling and another asked if they could have my number. Obviously they weren't being serious and were trying to make fun of me in some way. They then left, which is probably a good thing for them, otherwise I would have complained.

At the time I let it go, thinking that they'd do this to anyone and just happened to choose me. I mean, there's nothing distinctive about me - I'm not overly fat or anything, and there were lots of women there on their own. But now I'm not too sure and have started to feel a little insecure about why they possibly decided to talk to me.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think this is just what silly girls do or was it particularly cos of the way I looked? Btw they were not children, they were at least over 16 imo.
    it sounds pretty simple to me: they wanted you off the treadmill so that they could use it to burn their 80kg of fish 'n' chips. dunno if people have already said this...

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not it definitely wasn't racism. For a start 80% of the women there were asian.
    Fair play! :p:

What about the fact they weren't kicked out? Wasn't the gym person around? I guess maybe they assumed that they were your friends going over for a chat, nothing suspicious.

You see, this is why you should carry a fire-axe to the gym with you. Nobody approaches someone treadmill jogging with a fire-axe. Or chainsaw, or hedgetrimmer. Or human skull. Lots of deterrents are available.

ReputationRep:
    God I hate it when stuff like that happens. Some silly little chav girls came into my gym a few weeks ago, basically wearing school uniforms, no proper running shoes, eating crisps and sweets and using all the equipment anyway!! Ugh! Silly, silly little children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    You see, this is why you should carry a fire-axe to the gym with you. Nobody approaches someone treadmill jogging with a fire-axe. Or chainsaw, or hedgetrimmer. Or human skull. Lots of deterrents are available.
    Hahaha or maybe some gazpacho soup? :ninja: :p:

ReputationRep:
    They're just being stupid kids. Ignore it.

You should have actually said "Yeah... well, no, I'd prefer your mate instead, because you're a bit minging. You want a go on this treadmill? Your need is greater than mine..."

Seriously, that would have been perfect

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha or maybe some gazpacho soup? :ninja: :p:
    I suppose now I'm doomed, I can tell you. Gazpacho soup. It was the greatest night of my life. I'd been invited to the Captain's Table. I'd only been with the company fourteen years. Six officers and me! They called me "Arnold." We had gazpacho soup for starters. I didn't know gazpacho soup was meant to be served cold. I called over the chef and I told him to take it away and bring it back hot. He did! The looks on their faces still haunt me today! (Crying) I thought they were laughing at the chef, when all the time, they were laughing at me as I ate my piping hot gazpacho soup! I never ate at the Captain's Table again. That was the end of my career.

If only they'd've mentioned it in Basic Training! Instead of climbing up and down ropes and crawling on your elbows through tunnels. If only, just once, they'd said, "Gazpacho soup is served cold!" I could've been an admiral by now! Instead of a nothing which is what I am, let's face it.

ReputationRep:
    So I went to the gym a couple of hours ago and was using a treadmill and minding my own business, when a small group of chavvy girls crowded round me and started watching me. Already, it was a bit awkward but I kind of ignored it. They seemed to be smirking a little and I think they were daring each other to say something to me. A few minutes later, one of them tapped me on the shoulder and asked something ridiculous like will I go out with them (I didn't really hear properly). They all started giggling and another asked if they could have my number. Obviously they weren't being serious and were trying to make fun of me in some way. They then left, which is probably a good thing for them, otherwise I would have complained.

At the time I let it go, thinking that they'd do this to anyone and just happened to choose me. I mean, there's nothing distinctive about me - I'm not overly fat or anything, and there were lots of women there on their own. But now I'm not too sure and have started to feel a little insecure about why they possibly decided to talk to me.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think this is just what silly girls do or was it particularly cos of the way I looked? Btw they were not children, they were at least over 16 imo.
    ^ Because they wanted a reaction like that... ^

Ignore them = you're at Cambridge, they're at the dole office.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt it was anything personal. Groups of young girls can get a bit silly and dare eachother to do things which seem funny at the time but just look a bit stupid to other people. I used to think it was funny to go into a newsagents, point at a can of lighter fuel and ask how much 'that deodorant' was, for example. Actually I still think that was pretty funny. They probably picked you at random, or for a simple reason like being closer in age to them than others there?

ReputationRep:
    i love gymChavs. they are hillarious, ive not seen one yet that can use the machines or freeweights properly. and because they havent trained properly they are too scared to start anything.

the only downside is that they always leave the weights all over the place.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.