How often does everyone go on holiday? Watch

Poll: How often do you go on holiday? (abroad or UK)
Twice a year or more (46)
44.66%
Every year (36)
34.95%
Every couple of years (8)
7.77%
Every few years (7)
6.8%
Never been abroad, only go in the UK (6)
5.83%
Echolife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Once a year, though didn't go last year.
~bubbles~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
very very rarely been about 5 times
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I was younger I used to go abroad once a year with my family to Cornwall/Devon. Then when I started working at 16 I first went abroad. Now I go at abroad at least twice a year and usually go away for the weekend in England at some point as well (last year it was Blackpool, Tenerife, Majorca and Butlins!). This year I'm going to Hawaii and Portugal and will probs have a long weekend somewhere as well. I earn good money, and I like to spend it lol
Starry Night
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i've nerver been abroad
hcblingbling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i go about 3 times a year, last year i went to Jamaica, Florida and France.
This year im going to France, Ireland, Italy and somewhere else hopefully New York again.
Have to make use of my dads free flights (practically) because he works for BA lol
SexyPeng
Report 10 years ago
Used to go once every year but now it's usually every two years. Usually go to the same place in Italy.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Generally i go skiing twice a year and then have a summer holiday too

e.g last year i went to Whistler skiing for new year, then i went skiing in the Alps in february, and in september i went to budapest and prague, then at christmas i went to the french alps skiing again.

I haven't been again this year yet though, but i plan to go to Croatia in june!
QT 3.14159265
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when there's exams; parents lock you in
lol
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
With my parents we rarely went abroad, Disney with Grandparent when I was 7 and then Cyprus when I was older but lots of holidays in Wales/Devon/Cornwall. My family does short breaks in the UK a lot. Always used to go to visit friends round the country in school holidays. We went on 3 holidays to Cyprus when I was at secondary school, last time I went abroad with my parents was to Cyprus in year 9, last proper holiday with parents was to Somerset in year 10. Since then its just been weekends away in various parts of the UK.

Now that I'm older I aim to go on holiday a couple of times a year. Been on one holiday this year and there should be two more to come.
Ginger_Rogers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to Spain (by COACH) and Greece with the family when I was young, but I've been abroad with friends every year since I turned 17. Tenerife, Tenerife, Magaluf (seriously, do not go there), Napa and then Napa again this year. Me and my friend are thinking of going Italy this year as well.
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by dita_parlo)
When I was younger I used to go abroad once a year with my family to Cornwall/Devon. Then when I started working at 16 I first went abroad. Now I go at abroad at least twice a year and usually go away for the weekend in England at some point as well (last year it was Blackpool, Tenerife, Majorca and Butlins!). This year I'm going to Hawaii and Portugal and will probs have a long weekend somewhere as well. I earn good money, and I like to spend it lol
That's the sortof position i want to be in once i graduate :p:.
danjones1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually once or twice a year, its once this year because were going away for 3 weeks.
Quinion
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On average I go abroad once a year. The first time I went abroad was Paris when I was 12; before that my family only ever went to see one set of grandparents in South Devon, the other set on a hill in Herefordshire or my aunt, uncle and cousins in Chester. These days we don't really organise holidays as a family (we wouldn't have gone to Orlando or Jersey if I hadn't bothered to arrange everything...), so I take / organise whatever is available with friends - hopefully Spain with uni friends and a very cheap trip to Ireland with people from home this summer.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive only ever been on a foreign holiday once and that was last year with my boyfriend.
So none of the options on the poll really fit for me.

Before that id not been on holiday for 8 years and that was only to wales anyway, and before then Id only had a week in great yarmouth. Neither of which id actually consider holidays.
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by louisedotcom)
Ive only ever been on a foreign holiday once and that was last year with my boyfriend.
So none of the options on the poll really fit for me.

Before that id not been on holiday for 8 years and that was only to wales anyway, and before then Id only had a week in great yarmouth. Neither of which id actually consider holidays.
Glad to know i'm not the only one. For the last two years i went to Northumberland for a few days, and that was it. My parents go away to the canaries every january. I'm going to Tenerife next year with uni and hopefully somewhere at the end of summer with my boyfriend if i can afford it. It's just so difficult getting away and saving up for one :rolleyes:.
Cherry Kisses
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually go away every summer with my family.
katie668
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Umm. Just usually long weekends with friends, or mum or dad. No were exciting.
First and only flight to New York with school last year, was scared but was good but too quick.
SO no options really count,.
justinliu
Report 10 years ago
it used to be like twice a year but now cos im really busy but i still try to go on holiday once a year. i love going on holiday...:cool:
Zebrastripes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Once a year since i started uni, but for like 6-8 weeks. I never got to go away with my family.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've only ever been abroad twice in my life and more often than not, I stay around home

I want to make at least one major trip and one minor trip this year, but it's so much money and I'm not sure I'll have enough :|
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (214)
43.85%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (150)
30.74%
I don't have an opinion (124)
25.41%

Watched Threads