Turn on thread page Beta

Why are boys far more intelligent than girls? watch

ReputationRep:

made me smile

ReputationRep:
    There are different types of intelligence, women are more intelligent in understanding people. Women can understand guys, but what male can understand a women?

ReputationRep:
    Girls think with their big heads, boys think with their little heads.

ReputationRep:
    Its the year 2298 and a man and his family were sat outside the doctors surgery waiting for his diagnosis.

The doctor walked in and said to the man 'bad news im afraid, you have a severe brain disease;

'Is he going to die? Is there no hope at all' the mans wife asked

'well the only hope is a brain transplant, but at this stage there could be severe complications'

'How much would this cost?' asked the mans wife.

'well £6800 for a male brain or £5200 for a female brain if the first is too costly for you' said the doctor.

There was a quiet sound of sniggers and smirks among some of the men sat around the waiting room.

One of the male strangers randomly plucked up the courage to ask the doctor 'why are the male brains more expensive'

'well' said the doctor 'the male brains are like new however the female brains have been used'.

:/

ReputationRep:
    I think it also sort of depends on their ethnicity etc. I mean, lots of Asian girls can be really smart and all.

Also, depends on the subject. For example, engineering is a male dominated course, but the few girls who do do it are ridiculously intelligent and so on.

In my experience, most boys I know are not very intelligent, except maybe 1, so I can't really agree with your theory.
    I do agree that most girls (that I know) aren't very intelligent, but the few that are surpass the averagely intelligent boys. So it's a balance, I guess?

ReputationRep:
    I think the main reason men are generally higher up than women has nothing to do with intelligence but more to do with patriachy. The world isn't as sexist as it used to be but it is yet nowhere near being perfect when it comes to equality between men and women when it comes to careers. Another reason could be that if a woman decides to star a family she'd have to take maternity leave for a long amount of time and in this time a male can work his way up the ladder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMummy)
    Girls think with their big heads, boys think with their little heads.
    :rofl: assuming that was intentional. >____>

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think you should all be taking his question seriously....

The answer is obviously the inherent superiority of men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I don't think theres any difference between sexs

:eek: :eek: Im sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but theres a big difference- boys have willies and girls have vaginas :p:

ReputationRep:
    Because im a boy and thus the averages are massively skewed upwards

ReputationRep:
    I may be completely wrong, but I reckon the perceived difference in intelligence between men and women is actually due to social factors rather than biological. I think that women are just as capable as men, with just as much potential, but that men tend to have qualities like arrogance and self-assurance that women in general don't have as much of, and it is this that allows men to more fully reach their potential. I think that the difference in IQ is because men sit at a test and think 'I'll get at least 130' whereas women sit down and think 'I hope I do ok' (generalisation!). It is the confidence more prominent in men that makes them persevere more with the test. As for Nobel prizes and more male professors, again, men have more arrogance which makes them 'fight' more to achieve rather then trying tentatively, or giving up. A bigger factor though is women having children (not so much in the West, but in pretty much all other cultures).

However, I reckon that our generation may be the one where things even out (certainly in the West) when it comes to confident/ambitious females, and because of our nerve I think in the next 20 years or so the studies will be showing something different. I certainly will do my bit to make it so.

Notice how I (subconsciously!) wrote 'I could be completely wrong' at the beginning. Would a guy do that? Have I proven my first point?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think either sex are cleverier than the other, and this is a guy saying this.... mind u i'm really clever!

ReputationRep:
    "*****, make me a sandwich"

That's just wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by εїз chazkins εїз)
    I think that the difference in IQ is because men sit at a test and think 'I'll get at least 130' whereas women sit down and think 'I hope I do ok' (generalisation!).
    No, men simply have a greater range of IQ than women. Naturally, then, when we look at the leading minds we find that a lot more of them are men because men are more common at each end of the spectrum (about 5:1). The average IQ is about the same for men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    :eek: :eek: Im sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but theres a big difference- boys have willies and girls have vaginas :p:
    WHAT?!?! Im sorry that sounds discusting, I don't believe you.

You know I'm not sure there can ever be true equality despite what women are fighting for. I have to be very careful how I say this I guess... Women are different in that they have a womb and can have babies. Men will never have this. I know, cause I've talked to a lot of people in business and it can be a ***** when a women decides to have a baby & take months of time of, and maybe not even return. Why set a women up on a career path to reach higher levels when they might just turn around & say that their pregnant and have to leave. Granted a man could just quit a company also, but thats different. From the onset the company will know there is a good chance the female will leave at some point to have children, the same can't be said for someone quitting.

I just think we're different, and to just assume we should have equal rights in all aspects of life is a little absurd to be quite honest. Its difficult though, women should be allowed to be a career women if they want, but then you have the problem of whether or not they'l leave eventually. I don't know, I'm all for womens rights & all, and equality, to a certain extent. I just think governments go a little to far to try and make everything "fair" now a days, and "equal representation"

ReputationRep:
    It probably varies, but i do fit in that category of learning things for the exams, however i do have some really dumb guy friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Women are different in that they have a womb and can have babies. Men will never have this. I know, cause I've talked to a lot of people in business ...
    I would have thought that you could have worked that out without talking to a lot of people in business. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    No, men simply have a greater range of IQ than women. Naturally, then, when we look at the leading minds we find that a lot more of them are men because men are more common at each end of the spectrum (about 5:1). The average IQ is about the same for men and women.
    How can you possibly know whether the greater range is just 'natural' or if the greater range is due to the differing attitude the sexes have to the tests?

See how you are so self-assured with no evidence that it's not social factors

I actually have been told by an oxford don that in interviews when a debate is taking place boys stand by their argument without modifying it even when proved wrong, and girls modify their argument too quickly because they assume they are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)

You know I'm not sure there can ever be true equality despite what women are fighting for. I have to be very careful how I say this I guess... Women are different in that they have a womb and can have babies. Men will never have this. I know, cause I've talked to a lot of people in business and it can be a ***** when a women decides to have a baby & take months of time of, and maybe not even return. Why set a women up on a career path to reach higher levels when they might just turn around & say that their pregnant and have to leave. Granted a man could just quit a company also, but thats different. From the onset the company will know there is a good chance the female will leave at some point to have children, the same can't be said for someone quitting.

I just think we're different, and to just assume we should have equal rights in all aspects of life is a little absurd to be quite honest. Its difficult though, women should be allowed to be a career women if they want, but then you have the problem of whether or not they'l leave eventually. I don't know, I'm all for womens rights & all, and equality, to a certain extent. I just think governments go a little to far to try and make everything "fair" now a days, and "equal representation"
    and the fact that womens careers are affected by pregnancy is the same reason why men hold top positions in society...not an intelligance thing.

are you saying that if you owned a company you would not want to employ a woman in case she got pregnant??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Rofl That's the funniest thing I've read in a while...holy crap

*attempts to compose herself* LOL! :d:d

okay...I would so pos rep you for that, except I dunno how?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.