Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frio3535)
    i get dis burnin sensation so i gotta be doin sumthin bad tho
    Hi,

You're overtraining. This means you're breaking down the muscle faster than it can grow, so you will probably get injured soon. To avoid overtraining, work out once per month and if you ever struggle while lifting, the weight is too heavy for you. For example, once I was curling 10 kg and I only did it for 11 reps. I lowered the weight to 5 kg and got a solid 12 reps, resulting in a much better workout.

ReputationRep:
    running, 40 mins a day
    nothing happened :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Hi,

You're overtraining. This means you're breaking down the muscle faster than it can grow, so you will probably get injured soon. To avoid overtraining, work out once per month and if you ever struggle while lifting, the weight is too heavy for you. For example, once I was curling 10 kg and I only did it for 11 reps. I lowered the weight to 5 kg and got a solid 12 reps, resulting in a much better workout.
    Oh fanx sugalipz. Wow ur buff in ur foto Wats ur addy? Wanna chat?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a computer. Can't you see I had to make my squat stands out of wood? I'm on that much of a budget.

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly more serious note i can post up the program i started yesterday

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/bulki...t%20levlel.php

ReputationRep:
    I work out 5 times a week with weights in the gym. Mondays: Chest and triceps, Tuesdays: Shoulders and Biceps, Wednesdays: Back, Thursdays: Legs, Fridays: Whatever muscle I felt I needed doing, perhaps some supersets and maybe double cardio day.

Cardio: Alternating weeks for variety, i.e. Run 30 minutes in the morning, (sometimes steady state but mostly HIIT). Then I do my weights in the evening. Or I do weights and then cardio in one session. I do cardio 30 minutes everyday with varied intensity if I do it in the morning. Otherwise 5 times a week after weights.

NB: I vary my weights routine dramatically. Every session is different, different exercises. If you do the same thing, your body adapts and you'll see less results. It also depends whether I'm aiming for a little more muscle or a little less fat. Some weeks I do various supersets on different muscle groups, i.e. legs with shoulders...and so on.

Diet: Probably the most important thing. I eat 5/6 small meals a day, 70% of my calorie intake is protein, I don't carbs after 6pm, I keep hydrated all day, I have a lot of fibre, I eat the right foods, (e.g chicken, spinach, cottage cheese, quinoa, egg whites), I cook myself, I don't touch refined sugars or grains, I don't drink...that's all I think of right now that I do.

I don't take supplements because they're mostly a waste of money, (except protein shakes...and sometimes I have creatine). I'm working as a Personal Trainer in my gap year right now. When I started I was about 192lbs, 6'1/6'2 tall - basically muscular but without much definition. My weight dropped to about 178 at its lowest when I got my sixpack. I built up to 190lbs as a result of my nutrition and weight program and still have a sixpack.

Hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I don't have a computer. Can't you see I had to make my squat stands out of wood? I'm on that much of a budget.
    I just LOL'd in the computer room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    sex with bubbles :p:

i normal row 10000-20000 meters, then jump on the bike for 15- 20 mins, run 20 mins
    wights for 30 mins
    row 5000, run 15 mins

then bike for 10 mins
    and can't be asked to post it all
    Thats got to be a typo. 20k is nearly a half marathon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I just LOL'd in the computer room
    You're also at the same college as my brother. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    Burningnun, your bro goes to Oxford? He the brains and you're the bawns?

ReputationRep:
    That's about the size of it, although I do have a little bit of brains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan*TANK)
    meh i'd rather get bigger whilst into strength, just going for the big athletic look, ill end up powerlifting when i'm alot older and the babes dont come as easy :P

i dont like powerlifting as a sport because of all the equipment they use....like a bench press is no longer a bp if you know what i mean when they have shirts that can add over 180kg to their bench press or squat...pretty ludicrous tbh

i want to try my shot at rugby in september and try to get good at it hence why i've got conditioning/sprints/pylometrics in there will be cycling in some olympic lifts at some point also
    1- you don't have to be fat to be a powelifter, your just thinking of the heavy weights

2- Im begging you to find me this gear that can add 180k to ym bench and squat! World record domination here i come! :rolleyes: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchy123)
    2- Im begging you to find me this gear that can add 180k to ym bench and squat! World record domination here i come! :rolleyes: lol
    Well it can ALMOST for elite SHWs. I mean, the WR shirted bench is 150 kg over the WR raw bench. I'm not sure about squats because Google isn't playing ball, and keeps telling me that Mike Miller's high squat is the WR.

ReputationRep:
    dont think it wud be quite as much as that still.

love all the gear hating though, i was the same as you lot year ago, soon as u get lifting in gear and competing you certainly change your mind and laugh when people say lifting in gear is 'easy' lol

ReputationRep:

love all the gear hating though, i was the same as you lot year ago, soon as u get lifting in gear and competing you certainly change your mind and laugh when people say lifting in gear is 'easy' lol
    Too bad for me gear costs money.

ReputationRep:

no one said it about being easy

but its quite hilarious how a shirt can add 180kg + onto a bench press

the world record bench press is higher than the deadlift, now that says how stupid the sport has become

world record bench press raw = 715lbs
    world record bench press equipped = 1120lbs
    world record deadlift = 1005lbs?

1120lbs - 715lbs
    =405lbs
    405lbs = 180kg

ReputationRep:
    Who benched 1120?

ReputationRep:
    ryan kennelly

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh, your criticism is POLYply suits, you wouldnt have that in a single ply comp though.

so you gonna compete sometime? three are some raw comps in bwla etc.

Plus nticed you study at bournemouth, the BPC british will be held at the BIC again this year, you could come along if you fancied getting an idea of what competing is like and to see some awesome lifts etc..

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure that was a gym lift off a board, not a competition lift.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.