Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by trackaddict)
    what area of IB are you looking to go into exactly? trade support then onto trading, finance, fund accounting, credit analyst, risk, performance, prime brokerage etc??
    You're asking an A level kid. Almost certainly, he doesn't know.

ReputationRep:
    What books would you recommend for a first read? Don't want too many, just 2 or 3. I was thinking of Liar's Poker, Traders Guns and Money and Monkey Business??

ReputationRep:
    I found second half of Lair's Poker is simply my own opinion. This is because I didn't really like the way he went on and on describing what a god Ranieri is. (If I remember this name correctly....

(Original post by wicked88)
    okay, so why dont you run the whole of this forum, answer all the questions, and pick those who are allowed to answer question.......oops, you are already doing that.

I am actually very aware of your status here on the forum, and how helpful you are. But what you are saying is that, from time to time, you have the right to behave as you like towards others in the name of protecting the IB info being passed down. Well, I guess so. I suggest doing that all the time.

Hmmn, every society at UCl claims to be the biggest, largest, most active..........
    And since you are still running it, I was just wondering why i was never contacted in my first year after signing up at freshers week...tsk tsk.

Like I said before.........

I'll mind my own business
    Pride comes before a fall....
    He's not anymore. He was the president 2/3 years ago.

okay, so why dont you run the whole of this forum, answer all the questions, and pick those who are allowed to answer question.......oops, you are already doing that.
    Or, how about I get people to work within their bounds of their knowledge. I'm in a good place to judge.

Hmmn, every society at UCl claims to be the biggest, largest, most active..........
    EFS is. Fact. You can trot on down to the Union and see the membership count. Or check the online calendar we have that details the hundreds of events we do or inform about.

And since you are still running it, I was just wondering why i was never contacted in my first year after signing up at freshers week...tsk tsk.
    That would be because your handwriting was illegible. Roughly 2000 email addresses are on the EFS list. And while I'm no longer running it, I did in the past, I certainly do have an influence and impact on it. I still provide my input and guidance. I still go back to UCL to do events.

Like I said before.........

I'll mind my own business
    Pride comes before a fall....
    Lately, you've been showing yourself up here to be quite an idiot. Read your own words. If you're so wise and mighty, I'll tell you that I've had years and thousands of opportunities to 'fall', yet here I am, still oh so 'high and mighty'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trickz)
    What books would you recommend for a first read? Don't want too many, just 2 or 3. I was thinking of Liar's Poker, Traders Guns and Money and Monkey Business??
    They're all decent. "The Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" are two more recommended reads.

ReputationRep:
    Did you not read the part where he said he still kind of runs it?

(Original post by trickz)
    Are fine.

(Original post by DeuceSevenOff)
    They're all decent. "The Bonfire of the Vanities" and "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" are two more recommended reads.
    Indeed. I'd read them later though.

Did you not read the part where he said he still kind of runs it?
    I didn't read that. Nor write it.

I've been helping... but not running. I'll admit the English wasn't perfectly clear but the inference was hard to miss. Unless you're blinkered, perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    I didn't read that. Nor write it.

I've been helping... but not running. I'll admit the English wasn't perfectly clear but the inference was hard to miss. Unless you're blinkered, perhaps.

Dear President Ben.....

I must admit, some of the things Ive said here, I wish I never did, but then, they are just random opinions.

I am not wise (strong word) and mighty( stronger word). You may be wise and mighty, but youre definately not an exception to what life is about.

*Pride comes before a fall*

Ps, Economics society got back to me, so I stuck with them. Im too busy to be trotting down to bloomsbury randomly.

ReputationRep:
    I am not wise (strong word) and mighty( stronger word). You may be wise and mighty, but youre definately not an exception to what life is about.

Lol, what the hell are you talking about?

You can repeat any matra you like, for as long as you like. Thankfully, I'm a little impressionable, more rational and desiring of evidence, before I change something that 'ain't broke and don't need no fixing'.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to you president Ben. Keep up the good work. Good for you.

(no sarcasm at all, )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Actually, it's probably thousands.
    You have great work President BEn, but quoting yourself is mighty arrogant.

Just because you have been around on here for an extremely long time, doesnt make you in any way a better position to answer EVERY single question on here. Clinton has been in the public eye far longer than Obama and has more experience, it doesn't mean that she's in a better position to run America.

You see, if you were the authoritative voice on IB&C-TSR, you wouldn't have to state it at every opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    P_B,

You clearly know quite a bit about about this industry[1] and your posts contain some valuable insights. Your posting style, however, does you no favours whatsoever.

I know, if I don't like your posts I can stop reading them. I often do. But I find it odd that someone who's clearly so proud of the fact that he's helped "thousands" should want to post in such a nausiating manner.

Please don't take this (and other similar comments in this thread) as a reason to stop using these forums. That's not my intention at all. As I've said, your input is frequently valuable and your insights unique; they would be missed.

I'll say no more.

p.

[1] I remain skeptical that you are to finance what Tiger Woods is to Golf.

ReputationRep:
    In fairness, I think we should all stop ****ging off President Ben. He is an authority on the subject of IB and as a result would be missed if he left. Lets not give him any reasons to do so.

(Original post by pukey)
    Your posting style, however, does you no favours whatsoever.
    Win some. Lose some. I've quite certainly learned to realise that the only opinions that ultimately bother me, are those of people I really really give a toss about.

On the other hand, I do think a lot of people need a firm and blunt talking to. I'm deliberate in my posting style. People who really know me, know that I'm very different to them.

But I am blunt because it works. It's worked for very many, it continues to do so. It gets noticed. I want to do what I think is the right thing, help the people who really want it and can get the message. And some of them are bright enough and care enough to actually get deeper involved, they get to know me, see I'm far more than an effective medium of communicating a point.

Frankly, if you didn't see it, you were dumber than those who did. Dumber than people who realise that sometimes, you can't just be the one part of your own person because it isn't so effective. Or if that's all you've got, you're dead in the water anyway.

For everyone hundred plus people who think my posting style does no favours, there are bright people who push harder, think deeper, learn more. I'm one of the few people left, it seems, who actually have some passion for this industry. Who spend their hours each and every day, working in it and thinking about it - and don't just want the days to end by counting out the minutes or the hours, taking quick cigarette breaks or whatever it is that kills another moment.

They don't complain about the hours because they want 'free time' to do nothing. Now I'll admit, I wish my job afforded me more time to spend with those I want to spend with it, hell yes. And I don't know anyone, even among those that have the passion, that doesn't consider the value of a day of holiday, as being greater than that of one of work. No matter how good they are, how long or short they've been in - but that's because these are people who have rich lives in and out of their job.

But to the point, my posting style will piss off, agitate and bother many people who at the end of the day, I don't really care about too much. At the same time, it's brought many very great and good people, who were that little bit wiser, that much closer and made a huge difference.

So, in my good old fashioned style, a big middle finger to all you pissers and moaners. I know what I'm doing and I'm quite glad for it. I'll be so bold as to say that I think you'd do well to pay attention.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is jokes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomoli)
    In fairness, I think we should all stop ****ging off President Ben. He is an authority on the subject of IB and as a result would be missed if he left. Lets not give him any reasons to do so.
    someone loves bumin'....

(Original post by Jibzy)
    someone loves bumin'....
    That'd be you. Maybe you're just extremely bright, but I don't understand how being so annoying is getting you very far in terms of building up rapport with very many people.

You need to wipe your nose and be a real person. Or if that's the real you, you're young enough to change. That's free advice which for you, I'll say is worth a whole lot more.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.