Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Bakunin)
    You strike me as Nietzschean who believes in the master race and who doesn't trust blacks to run their own countries.

It was so much better under imperialism.

OH and by the way Mr B Johnson; Zimbanwe and countless other countries are seeing forms of imperialism, for example the IMF and the World Bank.
    Totally agree. Although some may argue that Smith's Rhodesia was far better run than modern day Zimbabwe, it is quite arrogant to suggest that native people cannot run their own country and therefore require colonial intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    Frankly, I didn't reply because the links and comments you posted did nothing to debunk what I said, whatsoever
    I give up - this is less productive than trying to argue with a fundamentalist!
    It doesn't seem to matter how many reports of ACTUAL facts I post, you just seem to know better than the people on the ground.

Burma's military regime is amongst one of the most vile and violent, oppressive murderous ethnic cleansing regimes in the world. They have utter contempt for their own people - which do you think is more likely: that the reports from the aid agencies on the ground are correct, or your own thoughts on the matter?

Anyway, onto more current matters now, I see that bag of crap Mugabe is now adding systematic rape to his armoury of lies, fear, violence and murder. And still we sit back and do nothing...not even removing his honorary knighthood. We should be ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    I give up - this is less productive than trying to argue with a fundamentalist!
    It doesn't seem to matter how many reports of ACTUAL facts I post, you just seem to know better than the people on the ground.
    The reports you posted did not contain "ACTUAL facts" that contradict my position or back-up your original position, though they may justify your re-written position, which simply seems to be that the regime is bad.

Burma's military regime is amongst one of the most vile and violent, oppressive murderous ethnic cleansing regimes in the world. They have utter contempt for their own people - which do you think is more likely: that the reports from the aid agencies on the ground are correct, or your own thoughts on the matter?
    I don't disagree that its one of the most vile regimes in the world. I completely agree with that. But thats not what you said; perhaps you should try re-reading your first post. What you actually said was:

And what of Burma? I'm sorry, but to hear limp-wristed hand-wringing do-gooders talking about, quote, "not wanting to punish Burma's leaders at this hard time". Do they even watch the news? Do they not see that almost all the aid is siphoned off to keep the military in luxury, and what little is drip-fed out is used as propaganda?
    This is simply not borne out by any of the reports you posted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.