Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nope

How long does a migrain last its still quite bad!

ReputationRep:
    Don't painkillers work atall ?

Ive got the ones with 500mg paracetomol and 30mg codiene and i take 2 and they are hardley making a dent in it. Ive only just been able to get up - i had to do something today as looking normally hurts i figured a computer screen wouldnt hurt much more.

ReputationRep:
    How many days have u had this pain ?

only about 2 days well as from mid last night so about a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    i think a headache may be caused by drinking too much
    I don't think he meant that kind of drinking.

ReputationRep:
    No painkillers have made any difference?

No and im in agony ther the stryongest palainkiller i can get.

ReputationRep:
    Do you wear Glasses / Contacts ?

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS Direct; they might be able to recommend something. Normally I'd never advise listening to people on the internet but since you seem a little bit concerned I'd just give NHS Direct a bell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    i think a headache may be caused by drinking too much
    The main cause for headaches is dehydration.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, the nastiest causes for headaches cause headaches worst in the morning, on leaning forward and coughing/sneezing. Call NHS direct as people have said. It's what it's there for.

(Original post by imtired)
    Have you taken any painkillers at all, ones that are available without prescription?
    Ive been taking my prescription painkillers that ive got for something else. I think ive found a way of not having a headache if i hold my head in a certain way. Its worse at night and in the morning but i dont know if thats because i havent slept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive been taking my prescription painkillers that ive got for something else. I think ive found a way of not having a headache if i hold my head in a certain way. Its worse at night and in the morning but i dont know if thats because i havent slept.
    I heard that if you sleep with your right side again the pillow you won't get a headache, if it's due to you the way you sleep. Something to do with the brain.
    But i'm really not sure.

(Original post by imtired)
    I heard that if you sleep with your right side again the pillow you won't get a headache, if it's due to you the way you sleep. Something to do with the brain.
    But i'm really not sure.
    Well if i tilt my head kinda backwards it gets better. It still feels like someone has whacked me on the top of my head. I've only had it a day or so. I think maybe im gonna try NHS direct but ive heard they'll either tell you to go see your doctor or go to hospital.

ReputationRep:
    Any othe symptoms, particularly anything to do with the muscles on your face feeling odd? If yes than A&E NOW! If not then see a GP or pop into hospital in the morning.

Well my arm keeps feeling weak but thats been happening for ages and only for a little while.
    I phoned NHS direct and she said she'd get a nurse to call me back - erm whats that meant to mean??

I guess i survived last nite so i should be okay.
    jew unit have you had something similar? I just wondered if anyone had.

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel nauseas ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.