Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You can get cushioned insoles which help, and party feet, you could wear nothe together ( i do in shoes which are 1/2 a size 2 big)

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 3/4 and heels normally only hurt after 4+ hours of dancing/walking etc. But I started wearing heels when I was 11. If you start with small chunky heels and slowly work your way to high stilettos, they shouldn't hurt. Also when trying them on, if they are too stiff, they WILL hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    apparently the smaller the fot the easier it is to wear high heels. i'm a size 2/3 and my feet only really start hurting after about 4 hours and even then theyre fine the next day
    I'm size 2-3 and heels kill me! I'm also very light, so I doubt my weight has anything to do with it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zedliv)
    I'm size 2-3 and heels kill me! I'm also very light, so I doubt my weight has anything to do with it
    ok maybe i just have heel-friendly feet:P

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: wooo 600th post! i am now "benevolent"
    congrates! lol

ReputationRep:
    apparently the smaller the fot the easier it is to wear high heels. i'm a size 2/3 and my feet only really start hurting after about 4 hours and even then theyre fine the next day
    I'm a size 3. My feet KILL after 15mins of high heels.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I'm dreading having to wear heels for my cousin's wedding next week. I've never worn them before but I'm going to have to survive for over 12 hours in them! Argh!

(Original post by Dill)
    Oh no, I'm dreading having to wear heels for my cousin's wedding next week. I've never worn them before but I'm going to have to survive for over 12 hours in them! Argh!
    12 hour weddings in heels are awful though at my cousins once it got to night time I just kept taking mine off...

When going on nights out I often take pumps in my handbag so I can walk home in comfort. Last time I changed shoes in the club so I could dance without pain.

ReputationRep:
    Stilettos hurt my hurt, but I prefer thick heels and find my feet feel grand by the end of the night. I've been wearing heels a lot of since I was about 15 haha, so my feet are used to it!

ReputationRep:
    I think really, you need to wear a pair of heels on a day out, where you know you'll be out for a length of time, and not bring a spare pair of flats. And even though your feet hurt, they'll hurt less the second time you do it! Wearing heels often really does bring about a resistance to them...unless you're out dancing.
    Also, for starter heels, get ones with a strap across them, like Mary Janes or T-bars...comfier to begin with than plain courts.

ReputationRep:
    ok maybe i just have heel-friendly feet:P
    Perhaps, I'm a size 7 and heels don't phase me :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I found that it's simply a case of building up the base of your foot. The first few tiomes I worse heels I was in agony, but because I wore them for entire days I have a really hard patch on the balls of me feet and now I have problem..but if I go for a while without wearing them, they're painful again because the hard patch has worn down.
    ...I had a foot massage once and it destroyed all my hard work - softened my foot up again.
    Yea.

Give it 2 years ago and i never went near the things. Nasty, rubbing, sole killing things. But now i can't go out without them.

I don't know what it is, but i've just got used to them over time. My calves have got used to them, and so have my soles.They always burn and hurt at the end of a night out, but don't they always? I can quite easily dance in them nowadays. I have about 12 pairs of heels, and about half of them rub me or slip off or whatever. But i have a few pairs that are great, don't hurt at all.
    My feet have adapted to either, so i can wear heels or flats. Heels at work or going out, flats during the day. Sorted!
    If you find they slip off, try getting ones with ankle straps or ones with the straps at the front. I have some patent black ones from Matalan with the straps and they are my favourite - a life saver! Also, i find not wearing tights or pop socks help as well, as i find if i wear pop socks they just rub or slip off! I used those Scholl things for a while but i can manage quite well without them nowadays tbh.

Kitten heels are a good way to start. I have heels ranging from kitten heels, high heels, wedges and strappy shoes. I tend to stick to 3/4 inches but i've always wanted some platforms, hmm. If you don't wear heels often, then it's obvious your feet will hurt, they aren't used to it! Start hanging round and going shopping in low heels and work your way up. But if you're gonna be spending alot of time stood up, go lower, as it's agony otherwise! On nights out dance for a bit, sit down and drink, then dance again and it should be fine.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.