Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have checked up with 'StanJames'

and there official odds are..

Liberal Reforms ~ 1-10
    Home Front ~ 9-1
    Women ~ 13-1

so, liberal reforms, has a clear gap at the moment, i might jut focus all my revision on that.

ReputationRep:
    yeah suffragettes wont come up if it does then OCR are deluded. although home front has more of a chance so defo go over it and know the basics. for liberals is every1 mainly just learnin the acts?

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know where to find examiners' reports on a liberals past paper?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so annoyed with my history teacher right now.

He told us in class when we went over Paper 2 that we didn't need any contextual knowledge of the three topics, and that we could go into the exam knowing nothing about them and still get full marks.

Obviously, looking on here and reading the examiners report that is completely untrue, as you need to supplement the source with your own knowledge. Bring on the revision :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just a word of warning, in 2003 votes for women came up which is out of the usual pattern that OCR use, so i would place my bets on liberal reforms but i wouldn't rule out the home front stuff. Very unlikely for suffragettes to come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitaaaa)
    does any1 know where to find examiners' reports on a liberals past paper?

i've been looking for this too but i can't find it anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    i've been looking for this too but i can't find it anywhere!

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._June_2006.pdf
    dats 2006
    and this is 2007 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._June_2006.pdf
    just look under the contents to find what page Paper 2 is on!!

i just realised you wanted the liberal reforms one , that paper was on 2005, but dont no were the examiners report is

ive found it http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._MS_Jun_05.pdf its from page 92 onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raminder1992)
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._June_2006.pdf
    dats 2006
    and this is 2007 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._June_2006.pdf
    just look under the contents to find what page Paper 2 is on!!

i just realised you wanted the liberal reforms one , that paper was on 2005, but dont no were the examiners report is

ive found it http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati..._MS_Jun_05.pdf its from page 92 onwards

wow thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    I wish it was likely to be votes for women, thats the easiest Liberal Reforms has too many dates.

Any ideas about grade boundaries for this paper anyone?

ReputationRep:
    well in our mock we went by:
    85%- A*
    75%- A
    65%- B, etc
    but that's probably not very accurate. The grade boundaries from previous years on the examiner's reports will give you a better idea.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel)
    well in our mock we went by:
    85%- A*
    75%- A
    65%- B, etc
    but that's probably not very accurate. The grade boundaries from previous years on the examiner's reports will give you a better idea.

xxx
    Thanks, i'll look at the examiners report thing then

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much of the overall history grade is made up of the source paper, and coursework?Because I'm sort of worrying now that I didn't do too well in Paper 1

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know where 2 get hold of any more of the liberal stuff? i can only seem to find one past paper on it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitaaaa)
    does any1 know where 2 get hold of any more of the liberal stuff? i can only seem to find one past paper on it...
    That's probably because I think it's only come up once... Try picking out the sources from your text book(s), as well as the Internet if you can (a few of the sites mentioned on this thread are really good, have a nose around...) and analyzing them by asking yourself questions like "What is the message of this cartoon?" "How far do you trust this cartoon?" "Which would you trust more, source X or source Y on the matter of *poverty/liberal reforms/etc*"

This will help you get some exam practice and also familiarize yourself with more of the cartoons/sources that could come up- after all, there is only a limited number of cartoons and sources out there, there are bound to be some you recognize on the paper- you can almost prepare an answer ready!

The recurring rule that seems to come up in examiner's reports is this point:

"Content- quote the source Comment- comment on it/what it shows etc Context- use some of your own knowledge"

I think this is the basic formula I will be following. Also on "how far..." questions, always remember to give 2 sided answers...

Thanks for the 2005 report, Raminder1992, it was really useful

Good luck everyone!!

Edit: Does anyone have a list of the years/what topics came up? It would be useful to look at.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to revise home front and liberal reforms equally, and just go over votes for women. Every ones saying, and i agree, that its most likely to be liberal reforms, but i dont see why the would do something so predictable. i wish it does come up though

ReputationRep:
    what is this homefront stuff?
    i havent been taught it i don't think?

what do i need to revise for it and whats it about?

ReputationRep:
    war propaganda basically..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileitcouldbeworse)
    Does anyone know how much of the overall history grade is made up of the source paper, and coursework?Because I'm sort of worrying now that I didn't do too well in Paper 1
    the source paper is only 30%, the coursework is 25 and big paper 45%!!

apparently you times your mark by 1.2! but im not sure!

ReputationRep:
    Is this right?

coursework is worth 25%. So you get your percentage for the coursework (mine was 84) and times it by 25/100. So for me that'd be 21%.
    Then source paper is worth 30%, so times whatever you get in that by 30/100.
    Then for paper 1 (45%) times whatever you get in that by 45/100.

So if you get 75% in paper 2 and 75% in paper 1 and 84% in cwk (as an example) thatd be
    21 + 22.5 + 33.75 = 77.25% overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Is this right?

coursework is worth 25%. So you get your percentage for the coursework (mine was 84) and times it by 25/100. So for me that'd be 21%.
    Then source paper is worth 30%, so times whatever you get in that by 30/100.
    Then for paper 1 (45%) times whatever you get in that by 45/100.

So if you get 75% in paper 2 and 75% in paper 1 and 84% in cwk (as an example) thatd be
    21 + 22.5 + 33.75 = 77.25% overall
    you dont have to work it like that! you got 84/100 in your coursework?? its out of 50 marks, so divide it by two which would be 42. then if you get something like 60/65 in paper 1 that would be (60*1.2) = 72 (out of 90) so for paper two say if you got 35/50 you would do 35*1.2 = 42(out of 60)!!

soo 42 + 72 + 42 = 156 out of 200 which would be like an A!!
    i think thats how you work it out

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.