Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    God i havent been on msn in months.. its kinda dull these days.. things seem to have changed though i see.

ReputationRep:
    OP, youre right it is possible, im not sure exactly how, but my housemate has this too, i can ask him for you?

ReputationRep:
    Nudges make me want to strangle the person, especially if they get impatient of a reply!

i havent heard of a "nudge bomb" thou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    OK so my friend on msn can send unlimited nudges to anyone he likes. I think its called a nudge bomb, he won't tell me how!
    Does anyone know how to do this, i think it a code, like a few number you type then press nudge.
    He says he downloaded nothing to get it to do it.

Anyone?
    Google: Mess Patch for MSN.

Download and install.

Configure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommorris)
    Shockingly, there are people stupid enough to actually use MSN rather than Pidgin or Adium.
    Pidgin didn't support messaging to offline people properly, so I ditched it in favour of Windows Live.

Pidgin also had pretty spiralling memory usage, it's all over the internet about how it really is a memory bloat after a while.

Windows Live Messenger with the Mess patch = bliss.

ReputationRep:
    Your best choice is "a-patch" for WLM, google it!

ReputationRep:
    Although I would say that Messenger Plus is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    What you really need is to get Pidgin, and then to set buddy pounces...
    You fiend. I did that to my housemate, he loved it.

He also suffers the wrath of "turbo-nudges" if he doesn't respond and I can't be bothered to shout him. They are incredibly annoying and you could lose friends from it though.

It comes as part of Mess Patch as others have said.

(Original post by tommorris)
    Shockingly, there are people stupid enough to actually use MSN rather than Pidgin or Adium.
    Whilst I normally champion these programs, they do not entirely support the protocol and some people will complain things are missing or in the wrong place. User habits don't die whilst everyone they know is using the same. I've also found Adium and Pidgin to be less robust to my flaky connection on a night, whereas WLM or Mac Messenger do not drop.

ReputationRep:
    Nudge Mania! May do the job.

I don't know whether you still can now but you definitely used to be able to set your status to Busy and be immune to nudges while sending out unlimited ones yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    I don't know whether you still can now but you definitely used to be able to set your status to Busy and be immune to nudges while sending out unlimited ones yourself.
    That was fixed in a subsequent software version, thank god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    Yes a nudge bomb, unlimited nudges
    OK my friend has said it is the new msn, called msn plus: S
    MsgPlus is a add-on which you download, which I assume you could acheieve what you want using an add-on to MsgPlus.

(Original post by The Lyceum)
    Oo I only nudge one person anyway and it drives her insane...a nudge bomb you say? ...
    :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Instead I turn of smilies and put many many times, then send and it freezes their computer and they have to force quit MSN. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.