Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSingh23)
    Ahh, I'm only in the Grocery department. Stacking shelves for 13 hours-a-week.

Heyy, why not? :p:
    Woop Woop!

:party:

ReputationRep:
    Madlib - bit werid aba the no windows
    do u get bored in lunch hr?
    or dya just go shoppin in city centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_mccall)
    Madlib - bit werid aba the no windows
    do u get bored in lunch hr?
    or dya just go shoppin in city centre?
    I only work 2 days, and sunday is the only day where i get a lunch, but i just either sit in the canteen if other people are there, go town or sit in my car and listen to music. Its actually a laugh with some of the people!! Iv been there longer than most people, but really hoping i get promoted as a shift supervisor soon!!

ReputationRep:
    lol i shop at morrisons only i work for asda .... boooo haha :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_)
    lol i shop at morrisons only i work for asda .... boooo haha :P
    which one?

ReputationRep:
    which morrisons or which asda? lol

ReputationRep:
    What sort of questions do they ask you in an interview?

Alice_G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_G)
    What sort of questions do they ask you in an interview?

Alice_G
    Nothing specific to the job really, just general questions. What do you want to do with your life, what can you bring to the company etc etc

ReputationRep:
    and I guess they get the reference of previous employers for you?

Alice_G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_G)
    and I guess they get the reference of previous employers for you?

Alice_G
    Yuh huh.

I'm considering changing departments. Not enjoying not being able to close a department down myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    So you don't have to get the reference from your previous employer yourself?

Alice_G

ReputationRep:
    They actually didn't even ask me anything of importance in my interview. They just kinda confirmed my name, etc, and I was told that I would receive a call the next day .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSingh23)
    They actually didn't even ask me anything of importance in my interview. They just kinda confirmed my name, etc, and I was told that I would receive a call the next day .
    Mine was more like an informal chat about the company and me anyway than an interview!

ReputationRep:
    How much is the general pay for a 16 year old?

Just printed off the application form.

ReputationRep:
    How did u guys actally get the job?Did u just print off the application form and give it to your local store?I just need to know how u can find out if the store even has vacancies.I desperately need a job so, I would be very grateful if u could let me know.Quote me please.

ReputationRep:
    I went into the store and they had a list of vacancies available. I then chose the one for me and filled in the application form.
    Had an informal interview, asking what my plans for future etc were, and then got a call the next day asking me if I still wanted the job.
    Then did my induction (8 hours, paid, over 2 days) and started!
    Worked on grocery, 20hrs per week in the evenings.
    Hth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark_dumpleton)
    I went into the store and they had a list of vacancies available. I then chose the one for me and filled in the application form.
    Had an informal interview, asking what my plans for future etc were, and then got a call the next day asking me if I still wanted the job.
    Then did my induction (8 hours, paid, over 2 days) and started!
    Worked on grocery, 20hrs per week in the evenings.
    Hth
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    Woot, Morrisons Radio!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.