Turn on thread page Beta

Right to camp?!?! URGENT watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not totally sure who's land it counts as. It's next to a National Trust castle and backs onto some fields but it seems totally open.
    If anyone wants to know the castle is here and it's about three centimetres to the south-west on full magnification

ReputationRep:
    Well it doesn't really matter now as you've been :p:

But I guess it'd be useful for next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    As far as I am aware "non private land" (I presumes you're meaning council-owned land in this) is down to indiviual bylaws and you'd have to look them up. Not totally sure...
    I suppose it must be. If it's the case that any land not owned by anyone is owned by the council...or the queen or something.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekahchu)
    Well it doesn't really matter now as you've been :p:

But I guess it'd be useful for next time.
    Always useful to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    Thanks Prudy, great source. Seems the whole "I'll phone the police" spiel is a bit of a moot point then.

Unfortunately, looking at the footnotes, we could have had a couple of problems - I did have a penknife on me (bottle opener ) and, while we weren't being threatening, there were about 14-ish of us coming and going.
    Yeah. Trespass is a civil offence (on the whole). At best they would stand and look at you. I'm sure the penknife would have been fine, but yeah, the threatening behaviour is an issue, I don't know if it is an objective test or not.

Ah well, at least you had a good time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Yeah. Trespass is a civil offence (on the whole). At best they would stand and look at you. I'm sure the penknife would have been fine, but yeah, the threatening behaviour is an issue, I don't know if it is an objective test or not.

Ah well, at least you had a good time!
    Probably not. We weren't threatening but I wondered since it claims
    makes it a crime if you have refused to move on and have also used ‘abusive or insulting words’ towards the occupier of that land – but interestingly this one only applies if there are two or more of you.
    that if 2 or more is a worry then 15 certainly would be

I certainly did, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Right, I think that's everyone in this thread repped, thanks all for the help, let me know if I forgot you, see you all soon.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.