Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Try quinoderm (try 5% first) - costs a few quid and can get it from boots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $loth)
    Ooo yes i meant to mention that, its very good stuff! Give it a try!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have them a couple of years ago. Went away after a while though and now it's pretty much clear.

ReputationRep:
    change ur bedsheets often u dirty person...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valentine_strongrod)
    change ur bedsheets often u dirty person...lol
    Acne isn't caused by bad hygiene you fool.

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from very mild acne on my chest and back, though it's completely cleared by a solution I use called 'Erythromycin with Zinc'. It's stronger than it needs to be but I was determined to clear it, so I went for the strongest non-oral medication I could get.

Perscription stuff but it honestly really sorts your skin, mine is clearer than most people who don't suffer from any skin problems. Absolute lifesaver

Doesn't strip your skin or make your face dry either unlike off-the-shelf stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have bad acne on my back- it was nasty. You can try a drug called rouactutane if it's really bad but the side affects are depression and feeling suicidal so I haven't personally tried that. I'm on dianette but that would be no use to you as your a bloke so I recommend sudocream where you can reply it to clear up the acne. The cream is about a fiver a pot but you can use it for other stuff like sunburn and other skin irritations. You could also try evening primrose oil capsules where that can also reduce acne. A bit pot costs about £15 from holland and barrat.
    Hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $loth)
    I've found the 10% okay on my back to be honest, the skin is far less sensitive than my face. But you're probably right to say 5% first

Either way, quinoderm is amazing, just watch out for it bleaching clothes

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies peeps, alot of help there, ma has some e45 about the house, and i think i might make an apointment with the doc

ReputationRep:
    You can try a drug called rouactutane if it's really bad but the side affects are depression and feeling suicidal so I haven't personally tried that.
    That sounds a bit extreme. Those are extremely rare side effects that aren't entirely proven. People normally just get dry skin and lips.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.